All Episodes Talk: Aunt Becky does her best Agatha Christie

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

So has anyone watched this on Hallmark mystery channel?? The only person I recignize is Lori Laughlin from Full House. I actually do like it, though you can see the bad guy a mile away. The writing, well... it's Hallmark. The cast is fairly charming, but it's running purely on Lori and her side kick played by Sarah Strange.

Share Post

Yep, I have. It's like all most of the mystery series they do -- the TV movie equivalent of a cozy. Light, generally entertaining, not especially dark/scary, with likable characters.

I like this one better than many of the others, honestly. Lori really is likable.

Share Post

I said this in the Hallmark mystery main thread: The shop assistant's hair is jarring, and I checked IMDB and Sarah is a decade younger than Lori, so it makes sense they do it to make them look the same age.

Share Post

I had no clue who she was until I watched this, there is something jarring about her hair (I think it's the color - it seems to dark for her), but it's growing on me. What I find hysterical is that she is supposed to be "quirky" and "artsy", but everything about her dress and hairstyle screams suburban soccer mom to me. 

One thing I appreciate about this show is there is no subtext between Jennifer and the detective. And no jealousy from the husband. 

Share Post

I love the Garage Sale series.  It’s super light but so enjoyable to me.  I adore the slightly-but-not-annoyingly-so quirky business partner, Dani.  She has tiny, almost throwaway lines and facial expressions that are a delight.  Lori Loughlin is perfect in the role and wow, she looks amazing.  I like her kids (the current Logan and Hannah) and the husband is ok.  

Edited by MerBearHou.

Share Post

I’m a big-time GSM fan. Lori does a great job... doing Frank’s job. (He’s the incredibly lazy cop). Dani is great too.

Share Post