The Flash in the Media

1 hour ago, adora721 said:

Guess who's back? Jesse L. Martin!!

Wonderful news! It is great that Jesse is feeling better and is back filming! I missed the hell out of Joe. Goodness knows that both Iris and Barry need Joe's love and support more than ever.

Share Post

On 12/22/2018 at 10:14 PM, ruby24 said:

I heard that Candice was the only cast member who didn't go. Quite a statement if true.

Candice said that she did attend Grant's wedding in response to someone being ugly on Twitter. I have seen the rumor that Candice wasn't at his wedding all over the Flash-related social media accounts that I have visited recently. Not that it mattered if she was or wasn't, but it is pretty nasty how some people have attempted to use it to attack Candice.

https://i.imgur.com/AqvEVDe.jpg

Edited by SimoneS.

Share Post

22 hours ago, adora721 said:

Guess who's back? Jesse L. Martin!!

YAAAAY! He's been missed! (Also, how adorable are those West-Hortons? Can we get Wally back, if only for a bit, too? Please? I love this fam.)

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Candice said that she did attend Grant's wedding in response to someone being ugly on Twitter. I have seen the rumor that Candice wasn't at his wedding all over the Flash-related social media accounts that I have visited recently. Not that it mattered if she was or wasn't, but it is pretty nasty how some people have attempted to use it to attack Candice.

Oh my god. The audacity of some people. I can't even. 

Share Post

11 hours ago, SimoneS said:

This person on Twitter has been spreading the lie that GG no longer likes Candice and doesn't want to work with CP; so she's telling the Snowbarry fans to prepare for SB to happen. ETA: Now Juli's account is set to private after her much deserved clap back from CP.

julitwitterhatescp.PNG

Edited by adora721.

Share Post

16 minutes ago, adora721 said:

This person on Twitter has been spreading the lie that GG no longer likes Candice and doesn't want to work with CP; so she's telling the Snowbarry fans to prepare for SB to happen. 

That is the person who sent that nasty tweet to Candice about not being invited to Grant's wedding and Candice told her that she was at the wedding. The Internet and social media is just full of crazies. 

Edited by SimoneS.

Share Post

36 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

That is the person who sent that nasty tweet to Candice about not being invited to Grant's wedding and Candice told her that she was at the wedding. The Internet and social media is just full of crazies. 

There are some, not all, SB shippers who take great pleasure in sending CP their hateful messages; two I've interacted with actually bragged that CP "knows" them because of their hate tweets to her. No shame whatsoever.

But Juli didn't count on CP contradicting her lie about not attending GG's wedding. Therefore, Juli runs away from reality and truth by making her account private. That way, she can continue to live in a world of only her made-up beliefs and the people who won't contradict her.

Edited by adora721.

Share Post

Some quotes from Candice about the theme of the season at PopSugar:

"It was shocking for both Barry and Iris to see their future daughter as an adult. But I think it's helped their relationship, knowing they have a chance at a very stable future," Patton told POPSUGAR over the phone on Jan. 10. "That was always Barry's worry: as a superhero, can you really have it all? The wife, the house, and children? I think Nora's presence is an indication that his future does hold all those things."

"[Barry]'s got his daughter from the future who's trapped there, and he's fighting for her in a way that he's never fought for himself," Patton continued. "Going into the rest of the season, he's going to be dealing with that even more — Iris as well. They have something outside of themselves to fight for now."

Everyone's on their own journey," Patton explained. "This season is really about family and legacy and everyone's trying to come to terms with that in their own way." Thankfully, Patton also mentioned that a major part of the West family will make his return during the second half of the season. "We'll finally get Jesse Martin back, which is really exciting," she said. "We're really relieved that he'll be back. He adds such stability and grounding to the show and to the West family."

Share Post

15 hours ago, adora721 said:

This person on Twitter has been spreading the lie that GG no longer likes Candice and doesn't want to work with CP; so she's telling the Snowbarry fans to prepare for SB to happen. ETA: Now Juli's account is set to private after her much deserved clap back from CP.

julitwitterhatescp.PNG

I've seen these and just ignored them. Juli was doing nothing but making her self look sad and pathetic. She's not smart either. Where these tweets suppose to harm Candice or something? They didn't. Plus, her lies does nothing but make Grant come off as an asshole.

Share Post

Interview with Helbing previewing the second half:

TVLINE | At the end of the winter finale, we learned that Nora is in some sort of cahoots with Eobard Thawne. How would you describe the dynamic between the two of them?

I would say that Thawne is her “coach”. We get into it a lot more in [the winter premiere], we explain what’s going on, and as the season progresses, she goes back to the future quite a bit. You’ll see a lot more of Thawne.

https://tvline.com/2019/01/14/flash-season-5-preview-episode-10-barry-nora-thawne-iris/

Share Post

Another Helbing interview covering the same topics:

How will the knowledge that Thawne killed Barry's mom change the dynamic between Thawne and Nora?

Helbing: I think that whole experience in [Episode] 508 gave her the full picture — or 90 percent of the picture — of Thawne, and sort of the torment of the way he disrupted Barry's life and just the evil nature of this guy. So yeah, it shifts a lot. We deal with that in Episode 10. I think even Thawne's a little shocked that she didn't know that that was the case. It definitely puts a dent in their relationship in a big way.

Danielle Panabaker is slated to direct an episode this season, can you preview anything about that?

Helbing: We're breaking that story right now. It's going to be a really cool episode and I think it's a story that Danielle will crush. We're all excited. She's about as smart as they get, so I have all the faith in the world that she'll knock it out of the park.

Danielle's episode is 5.18, BTW.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-flash-showrunner-todd-helbing-interivew-nora-episode/

Share Post

Honestly, this is the dumbest explanation for why Nora didn't know that Thawne killed her grandmother.  The meta-cure with Cisco and Caitlin isn't much better. These are the kind of things that happen as shows age and the writer's room becomes an echo chamber where the dumbest stories seem brilliant. What The Flash needs is a new showrunner and new and more diverse writers to shake things up. 

Reverse-Flash, as Wells, for it to play out that way with Tom.

TVLINE | Some of us here at the office were surprised that Nora didn’t know key things about Barry’s backstory — specifically, the events surrounding the death of his mother. In your mind, is there a reason she wouldn’t already know such a thing?
In the future, Iris has dampened Nora’s speed and kept her powers from her, so I think this all falls in line with “I don’t want my daughter becoming a speedster and possibly being fated the same way her father was. And If I explain to her this whole backstory about how Nora [Allen] was massacred by this Man in Yellow….” I mean, Nora ultimately finds her way to Thawne, but in that time period he is in prison, so he is “around.” It’s just a way for Iris to try to keep Nora away from Thawne and learning all the stuff she doesn’t know about.

TVLINE | I guess it just makes me wonder what is in the Flash Museum if not his origin story!
The Flash Museum knows a lot, but they had to get their information from someone…. There’s a lot of speculation — they know Nora Allen was killed — but if you go back to Season 1 it was this mysterious Man in Yellow, and they thought Henry [Allen] was responsible, and then Wells was the one who admitted to it.

Edited by SimoneS.

Share Post

ET interview with producer Todd Helbing previewing the rest of the season (*spoilers*):

ET: The reveal that Nora has been working with Thawne was the big twist of the midseason finale. How soon are we going to see that storyline begin to unravel?
Todd Helbing: Yeah, we deal with it in episode 10, so we kick off the back half of the season explaining a lot of what's going on with those two. And then, there's quite a bit of Thawne, actually, in the rest of the season. So you get to see this play out in multiple episodes.

Does that mean we'll be seeing less of Sherloque Wells (also played by Cavanagh)?
Yeah, Tom's basically playing two different roles this season, so it's a lot of wigs. But, no, we still see just as much of Sherloque as we have so far.

Um, there can be too much of a good thing, Todd.

Edited by Trini.

Share Post

20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Honestly, this is the dumbest explanation for why Nora didn't know that Thawne killed her grandmother.  The meta-cure with Cisco and Caitlin isn't much better. These are the kind of things that happen as shows age and the writer's room becomes an echo chamber where the dumbest stories seem brilliant. What The Flash needs is a new showrunner and new and more diverse writers to shake things up. 

I just really appreciate that the media are calling him out on the plot holes, etc. I hope it makes a difference in the writer's room, though.

Share Post

Another Helbing interview from E!; similar but different quotes (*spoilers*):

[Re: Thawne and Nora:] "We sort of liken this relationship to Hannibal Lecter and Clarice," Helbing says, of course referencing Silence of the Lambs. "So it's this guy that can teach her a lot of things, but she's not quite sure if he's genuine or not. So especially with the warnings that Barry gave her, I think she's starting to really think about and look for those warning signs whenever she talks to him now."

"Because of what happened in episode eight, she's not really eager to tell them that she's working with this guy. She knows it's going to be a massive problem, so it's something that she keeps from them for quite a bit. But ultimately yeah, when everybody finds out that that's the scenario, it's a big deal. She's going to have a lot of explaining to do. 

I do have some issues with some of the storylines they've teased, but this back half is looking to be better than the last few seasons.

Share Post