Jump to content

The Flash in the Media

Ha.  I love the Tv Insider interview.  The interviewer asks Grant and Candice, how are things on the West-Allen homefront.  She answers "We are killing it. Being a very healthy, married, interracial couple." Nice little reminder for the peeps on twitter who give her grief about IR couples being 'wrong' and 'people needing to stay with their own kind.'

3

Share Post


Link to post

One more fun cast video: THE FLASH: Comic-Con Class of 2018

1

Share Post


Link to post

 

From [8:00]

Reporter #1: Can you tease whether we'll see some [Caitlin/Iris] in the upcoming season?

DP: I don't know. My understanding is that we're going to see Iris as a reporter which makes more sense than having her in Star Labs .... I am excited to see her have her own identity [unclear] away from Star Labs.

Reporter #1: ..... 😶

Reporter #2: Thanks very much! Bye!

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Katsullivan.
2

Share Post


Link to post

Yeah, they do not like each other. But we knew that.

I have to say, that really seems to me like it would make for a REALLY uncomfortable set. It's hard to spend a lot of time with someone you genuinely dislike, even if there's other people around. I've done it before (family gatherings) and whenever that person isn't there, you feel relieved and just much more relaxed. It makes for a tenseness that's awkward and bothersome.

I can't imagine having to do it for so many hours all the time. I know they're getting paid, but it's still gotta be tough. And by the way, those other people HAVE to know, you can't really hide that kind of total indifference when you spend a lot of hours together.

3

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Katsullivan said:
 

 

From [8:00]

Reporter #1: Can you tease whether we'll see some [Caitlin/Iris] in the upcoming season?

DP: I don't know. My understanding is that we're going to see Iris as a reporter which makes more sense than having her in Star Labs .... I am excited to see her have her own identity [unclear] away from Star Labs.

Reporter #1: ..... 😶

Reporter #2: Thanks very much! Bye!

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

DP is making it hard for me 😐

5

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, they do not like each other. But we knew that.

I have to say, that really seems to me like it would make for a REALLY uncomfortable set. It's hard to spend a lot of time with someone you genuinely dislike, even if there's other people around. I've done it before (family gatherings) and whenever that person isn't there, you feel relieved and just much more relaxed. It makes for a tenseness that's awkward and bothersome.

I can't imagine having to do it for so many hours all the time. I know they're getting paid, but it's still gotta be tough. And by the way, those other people HAVE to know, you can't really hide that kind of total indifference when you spend a lot of hours together.

This might be one of the reason DP is happy to have Iris out off the Star Lab and also because she seems to love being the only woman at Star Labs with the guys. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

I would love for Iris to have a substantial storyline away from STAR Labs. She has the potential to be one of the most dynamic characters and deserves better than to rot in that basement. Bonus point if she takes her husband with her. I doubt DP and her fans would be this happy if Barry got out of that prison too.

8

Share Post


Link to post
18 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, they do not like each other. But we knew that.

I have to say, that really seems to me like it would make for a REALLY uncomfortable set. It's hard to spend a lot of time with someone you genuinely dislike, even if there's other people around. I've done it before (family gatherings) and whenever that person isn't there, you feel relieved and just much more relaxed. It makes for a tenseness that's awkward and bothersome.

I can't imagine having to do it for so many hours all the time. I know they're getting paid, but it's still gotta be tough. And by the way, those other people HAVE to know, you can't really hide that kind of total indifference when you spend a lot of hours together.

I think they are cordial to one another on set. They just dont waste the extra energy to do anything else. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/24/2018 at 2:08 AM, Trini said:

Grant Gustin Comic-Con interview; some spoiler-ish teases for the new season.

I love this quote from Grant from that article:

Quote

He also noted that as an actor, he prefered pursuing that lasting romance over exploring temporary pit stops. “From the very beginning, they entertained the idea of love stories with Barry and Caitlin or [doing other relationships] early on. But I always pushed this is the love of his life, let’s go for that. It’s more interesting.”

6

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/24/2018 at 7:09 AM, Starry said:

I would love for Iris to have a substantial storyline away from STAR Labs. She has the potential to be one of the most dynamic characters and deserves better than to rot in that basement. Bonus point if she takes her husband with her. I doubt DP and her fans would be this happy if Barry got out of that prison too.

Todd and Candice confirmed that Iris will be leading the team and being a journalist next season. However, they also confirmed that we will see a lot less of the team next season. It sounds like Barry will be spending very little time with Caitlin, as Caitlin and Ralph will be getting closer this season. I’m really looking forward to how they change up the show next season! 

4

Share Post


Link to post

Caitlin and Ralph sharing screen time makes it extra easy to fast forward past their scenes! Thanks, Todd!

8

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, shantown said:

Caitlin and Ralph sharing screen time makes it extra easy to fast forward past their scenes! Thanks, Todd!

I love this. But honestly, I hope their relationship help make their characters interesting. As of right now, I think Ralph best screen partner is Iris. In term of chemistry he is best with Iris and Barry. So I wait to see how he works with Caitlin and if I don't like it, your solution is perfect,😂.

5

Share Post


Link to post

I haven't seen anyone have chemistry with Caitlin, and for that I blame DP.  She's just not a good actress.

4

Share Post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I haven't seen anyone have chemistry with Caitlin, and for that I blame DP.  She's just not a good actress.

I think she has really good chemistry with Harry. She also works well with Cisco.

3

Share Post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

I think she has really good chemistry with Harry. She also works well with Cisco.

Actually, Harry, yes. I forgot, but I have seen a couple of moments with her and Tom Cavanagh that stood out to me and made me think they should hook them up, in spite of the age difference.

2

Share Post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Actually, Harry, yes. I forgot, but I have seen a couple of moments with her and Tom Cavanagh that stood out to me and made me think they should hook them up, in spite of the age difference.

Danielle said "maybe" about a love interest next year & Shirloque Wells is getting some romance, so maybe they will this time.

0

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/23/2018 at 10:15 PM, Katsullivan said:
 

 

From [8:00]

Reporter #1: Can you tease whether we'll see some [Caitlin/Iris] in the upcoming season?

DP: I don't know. My understanding is that we're going to see Iris as a reporter which makes more sense than having her in Star Labs .... I am excited to see her have her own identity [unclear] away from Star Labs.

Reporter #1: ..... 😶

Reporter #2: Thanks very much! Bye!

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've seen this. This was a simple yes or no answer, so I feel the other part of her answr wasn't necessary to the question. Also, her answer is kinda ironic. What exactly is Caitlin's identity away from Star Labs? Seriously, she's the only one who has nothing outside of it. If it was gone, Cisco would be working at CCPD along with Joe and Barry, Ralph would have his job, Iris would be a reporter. Caitlin seriously has nothing.

 

7 hours ago, Kate45 said:

Todd and Candice confirmed that Iris will be leading the team and being a journalist next season. However, they also confirmed that we will see a lot less of the team next season. It sounds like Barry will be spending very little time with Caitlin, as Caitlin and Ralph will be getting closer this season. I’m really looking forward to how they change up the show next season! 

Oh lord, get ready for a reminiscent of Season 3 with Caitlin's "fans." They're going to swear Caitlin was alone again.

4

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/23/2018 at 11:15 PM, Katsullivan said:

Reporter #1: ..... 😶

Reporter #2: Thanks very much! Bye!

You know, I thought you played this  up for dramatic effect but this is literally what happened. I can't get over how lol-tastical this exchange went.

Could this be a sign that this is DP's last season? While she's always played up SB, she seems to be not giving af at an unusually heightened level in this interview. That kind of freedom usually comes with knowing you have nothing left to lose.

4

Share Post


Link to post

Yay! West-Allen family photo!!

9

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I haven't seen anyone have chemistry with Caitlin, and for that I blame DP.  She's just not a good actress.

Interestingly, I thought she had the best chemistry with Ronnie. It felt like she felt the relationship so she sold it.  All the other pairings, came across as rather forced.  I never felt her with either Jay Garrick or Julian. 

3

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Trini said:

Yay! West-Allen family photo!!

She actually looks like she could be their kid. A+ casting.

3

Share Post


Link to post
19 hours ago, ursula said:

You know, I thought you played this  up for dramatic effect but this is literally what happened. I can't get over how lol-tastical this exchange went.

Could this be a sign that this is DP's last season? While she's always played up SB, she seems to be not giving af at an unusually heightened level in this interview. That kind of freedom usually comes with knowing you have nothing left to lose.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is her last season. I just saw this on twitter

Quote

 

This is probably in relation to something that was released by DC All Access. Honestly, DP and Carlos don't seem to be getting much this season. We know we're going to learn about Thomas and Caitlin's past, but for how many episodes? Like this person said, everybody has solid knowledge for their arcs, but these two. Also, Jesse, because we know Joe will barely have anything. The writers are making it clear they have no idea what to do with these characters. 

Even Dani N seems to know more about what her character will be doing.

2

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Could this be a sign that this is DP's last season? While she's always played up SB, she seems to be not giving af at an unusually heightened level in this interview. That kind of freedom usually comes with knowing you have nothing left to lose.

Something needs to happen with her character...leave or shake it up significantly. I believe they said that all of Nora's reactions to the characters last season will be explored, and she was pretty suspicious of Caitlin (Harry was in the scene too but he's gone now).

1

Share Post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Something needs to happen with her character...leave or shake it up significantly. I believe they said that all of Nora's reactions to the characters last season will be explored, and she was pretty suspicious of Caitlin (Harry was in the scene too but he's gone now).

Don't forget her dialogue. "I'm meeting people here for the first time". If her spilling coffee on Caitlin and Harry was her first time meeting them, then something happened. Harry is understandable as he went back to E-2.

3

Share Post


Link to post
21 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Also, her answer is kinda ironic. What exactly is Caitlin's identity away from Star Labs? Seriously, she's the only one who has nothing outside of it.

It's also ironic that Caitlin told Iris that they were only "work friends" despite knowing each other for 3 years. Iris goes out of her way to show Caitlin that she is more than that, even putting her own life in danger and then making Cait her MoH. With DP's answer to a question on friendship being "I don't know...Iris won't be in the lab", it seems that the friendship only exists in SL according to DP. So, all the effort in 4x7 to establish a real friendship seems to have been for nothing.

4

Share Post


Link to post
21 hours ago, ursula said:

You know, I thought you played this  up for dramatic effect but this is literally what happened. I can't get over how lol-tastical this exchange went.

Could this be a sign that this is DP's last season? While she's always played up SB, she seems to be not giving af at an unusually heightened level in this interview. That kind of freedom usually comes with knowing you have nothing left to lose.

Her facial expressions, twisting her mouth, and slightly disheveled hair made her look bored and a bit unprofessional, too. Even if she might be leaving, potential future employers could be watching this at some point and want an actor who can keep it together to the very end, especially when dealing with the press. 

1

Share Post


Link to post

DC All Access interview the cast and Helbing at Comic-Con:

The cast talks about upcoming storylines -- *spoilers*

-----

As an aside - Carlos was just NOT feelin' Comic-Con this year.

Edited by Trini.
1

Share Post


Link to post

Quote from Candice about Keiynan/Wally leaving the show:

Quote

I love Keiynan so much. If anyone knows us, we're very, very close, and that was a hard one for me. It was hard saying goodbye to Rick, it was hard saying goodbye to Keiynan. And he's not gone forever; he's just not there a lot. But yeah, I think it had the potential to be a great character, and I think it is a great character. I think there's so much more meat to pull from Wally. He's such a beloved superhero in the comics. If you're a fan of the comics, Wally is such an incredible character. And I think Keiynan brought a lot to that character. So yeah, he'll be missed in The Flash world.

1

Share Post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, ursula said:

You know the answer to that question: NO! I would have a much better opinion of some of them if they did. Instead, some of them used Candice being the target of racist hate as a way to build their own fan base, since they were a member of the “acceptable” group. Calling out the racism and defending Candice would hurt the building of said fan base. So, they stayed silent and let her get the brunt of the nastiness. 

4

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now