Jump to content

The Flash in the Media

59 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Good news! Danielle Nicolet is series regular for S5: https://deadline.com/2018/06/the-flash-danielle-nicolet-promoted-series-regular-1202409871/

 

In rather strange news (per Twitter), DP submitted her (cough) acting work for Emmy consideration (along with others from the Arrowverse):  https://twitter.com/myrcellasear/status/1006530343338299392

Horrible news. I hate Cecile.

Good for Danielle Panabaker. I wish her luck.

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 5/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, ruby24 said:

No deleted scenes or gag reel?

Maybe there is!

0

Share Post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

What a bummer. If they want a tall, lanky white dude they already have Barry. If they wanted Barry to mentor someone they had Wally. If they wanted a teammate with loaded powers, they had Cisco (or Caitlyn). If they wanted snarky comments, they had Cisco (or whatever version of Harry is in S5). 

I liked the Flash characters so much in the Earth-X crossover that I binge watched the first 3.5 seasons in two months to catch up and start watching live. And after the second half of season 4 and this news about season 5 I'm ready to be done with the show. Again, what a bummer.

5

Share Post


Link to post

:::SIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH:::

3

Share Post


Link to post

A friend on Tumblr let me know about a JPK interview: http://starrymag.com/jessica-parker-kennedy-the-flash/

For one answer, she dismissed any worries I had about her telling Barry to "Remember to say I do", which he didn't at either ceremony. I thought that might come back to bite WA at some point, but all is well.

1

Share Post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, adora721 said:

A friend on Tumblr let me know about a JPK interview: http://starrymag.com/jessica-parker-kennedy-the-flash/

For one answer, she dismissed any worries I had about her telling Barry to "Remember to say I do", which he didn't at either ceremony. I thought that might come back to bite WA at some point, but all is well.

Thanks for posting. I've always liked JPK. 

0

Share Post


Link to post

I mean, I still wouldn't like it, but if the show were losing Cavanagh/Wells I'd get it. But now there's going to be two unnecessary dudes, when they already struggle with giving everyone something to do.

Semi-related: I hope they announce Jessica Parker Kennedy as a regular soon.

2

Share Post


Link to post

I doubt JPK is going to be a regular since they upped HS & DN and the flash writers account posted a congrats to them. I think they'd have waited for JPK to be announced as well before issuing a congrats to those two if she were.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I'm probably being impatient, and they'll say something closer to Comic Con. The major casting news for last year weren't announced until July. From the Helbing interviews, it seems Nora Allen's story will be significant, so I'm expecting an announcement about JPK joining the cast. I don't think the order of casting news is that important.

Edited by Trini.
0

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I'm probably being impatient, and they'll say something closer to Comic Con. The major casting news for last year weren't announced until July. From the Helbing interviews, it seems Nora Allen's story will be significant, so I'm expecting an announcement about JPK joining the cast. I don't think the order of casting news is that important.

I'm just thinking they gave congrats to two new regulars. I think they'd have waited to tweet that until all new regulars were announced if there's anymore. I will be surprised if Flash goes up to 9 regulars. I think JPK should have been upped over DN but that's just me. Teddy Sears and Violette Beane were on season 2 almost just as much as the regulars so I don't think it really matters if JPK is upped. She's likely a one season character anyway.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Well we know what happened the last time they made a Black person a speedster on this show so I'm not celebrating yet. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Trini said:

Yay! So after Black Lightning, now The Flash has the most minority regulars of the DCTV shows.

On paper, The Flash is rich with diversity. In practice ---- it's an object lesson on how numbers mean absolutely nothing where intent is lacking, how "diversity casting" can (arguably) lead to more harmful portrayals of POCs in media.

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 16/6/2018 at 8:01 AM, ursula said:

So this show has room for a character who's redundant in every sense of the word - one more lanky white boy, meta team-mate, detective, platonic best friend, mentee, superhero-in-training

----- but no room for Wally West?

I wasn't pleased with the writing for Wally when he was a regular but it was the actor who wanted out. I believe that if it were up to TPTB they would have kept him.

Disappointed but not surprised that Ralph is now a regular. Since he survived the season, it was only a matter of time. Happy about Cecile and Nora.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Keep in mind that being a regular doesn't mean being in every episode or even being all that important when present (see Thea Queen, Quentin Lance, and James Olsen, to name a few). 

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/20/2018 at 10:30 AM, cambridgeguy said:

Keep in mind that being a regular doesn't mean being in every episode or even being all that important when present (see Thea Queen, Quentin Lance, and James Olsen, to name a few). 

This is an excellent point. Although, up to this point, with the exception of Tom C, every cast member has been in every episode of the series. 

Tom only had a one year contract, but since his character was such a success they brought him back. But, his second contract has a different setup since he only appears in around 18 episodes a season. Jesse L Martin has also missed one episode, 4.14.

I’m hoping that some of these new contracts are set up so that they only have to appear in a certain number of episodes. Especially Ralph. 15 episodes would be more than enough for me, seeing as how the best episodes of season 4 were ones that he wasn’t in, as far as I’m concerned. 

2

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kate45 said:

This is an excellent point. Although, up to this point, with the exception of Tom C, every cast member has been in every episode of the series. 

Tom only had a one year contract, but since his character was such a success they brought him back. But, his second contract has a different setup since he only appears in around 18 episodes a season. Jesse L Martin has also missed one episode, 4.14.

I’m hoping that some of these new contracts are set up so that they only have to appear in a certain number of episodes. Especially Ralph. 15 episodes would be more than enough for me, seeing as how the best episodes of season 4 were ones that he wasn’t in, as far as I’m concerned. 

Shouldn't only the lead character be contracted to appear in every episode? I don't know why Cisco and Caitlin haven't missed an episode yet. Most of the times, they are in the episode just standing around with no plot.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Kevin Smith moderating Grant Gustin's panel at ACE Comic Con this weekend:

0

Share Post


Link to post
7 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Shouldn't only the lead character be contracted to appear in every episode? I don't know why Cisco and Caitlin haven't missed an episode yet. Most of the times, they are in the episode just standing around with no plot.

Very true. I’m not sure why they want each character in each episode, but I think it would be better to make it so that doesn’t happen moving forward. This show is going to be very crowded next year if they don’t change that. 

It’s strange to think how little these characters have developed considering the fact that they have been in every episode. It’s almost as if several characters are simply used as plot devices and not actual characters. It’s been a problem for a while, but became appearent in season 4.

2

Share Post


Link to post

One more Teen Choice Awards nomination for The Flash:

Quote

Choice TV Ship

Cole Sprouse & Lili Reinhart – Riverdale
Grant Gustin & Candice Patton – The Flash
K.J. Apa & Camila Mendes – Riverdale
Matthew Daddario & Harry Shum Jr. – Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments
Millie Bobby Brown & Finn Wolfhard – Stranger Things
Stephen Amell & Emily Bett Rickards – Arrow

 

Vote here: https://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

Edited by Trini.
1

Share Post


Link to post
Quote

We sat down with the actress at POPSUGAR Play/Ground, and Candice got real about her castmates in a Flash-themed version of "Who's Most Likely To," answering everything from "Who's most likely to be the biggest troublemaker on set?" . . .

 

 

This was cute!

---

I hope there's some good stuff from Grant this weekend.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now