S08.E23 Visual Aids: Sometimes The Beverly Hills, 90210 Visual Aids Get Overwhelmed

The more ridiculous and overworked leuks they give Donna's hair, the more I miss her 80s hair from the first four seasons.

Share Post

This worst-of-the-'90s styling really needs to be pushed into a ravine. "Fortunately" there's one on Donna's chest.

LMAO!

Share Post

Are there FOUR unlit taper candles in that scene with Brandon and Kelly making out? Or are my old eyes deceiving me? And if they are candles...what is going on there?

When Donna's hair isn't bound by some army of teeny clips, I think it might be one of her better hair eras. The color is not of earth, of course.

Share Post

only 12 more AWT 90210 podcasts we have to deal with you know who...

Share Post

Out of all the 90s looks here, I’ll admit that I love those pearl station necklaces most of the girls are wearing. I don’t like the look of a solid string of pearls/beads, but those are necklace perfection in my opinion.

Share Post

One thing that has always bugged me about the fashion on this show, post-college is that none of the men dress like 20 year-olds. Look at that shot of Brandon and Steve. They are supposed to be 22 yr old guys, and they look like 35 yr old middle managers hoping to make VP by 40. They never have this problem with the women. For all its risible nature, at least the giant velour was of the style and age of a 20 something guy in 1998.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

One thing that has always bugged me about the fashion on this show, post-college is that none of the men dress like 20 year-olds. Look at that shot of Brandon and Steve. They are supposed to be 22 yr old guys, and they look like 35 yr old middle managers hoping to make VP by 40. They never have this problem with the women. For all its risible nature, at least the giant velour was of the style and age of a 20 something guy in 1998.

Agreed ! David is probably given the most age appropriate ( albeit downright ugly ) clothes . Brandon looks like he's pushing 40 and steve wears socks up to his knees and looks like he's going on 50 . ( somehow , he looks the best out of all of them now ) ... as for the girls , Donna is given the more age appropriate clothing even though she pretty much just wears a string the whole series .. Kelly was cute until season 8 ( I think by then , all departments hated her especially hair ) .. and aaaaahndrea looked like she was going on 80 when she was 15. Val didn't look 20 but she did look good ! 

Share Post

I do wonder if it was the actors' own personal style that got mixed in with the costuming. 

Val, David, and Donna probably dressed closest to their ages, because the actors themselves were more or less the ages of the characters they were playing. Everyone else was 4 to 11 years older than their characters were. Ian was 34 in this episode and he dressed like a 34-year-old. Too bad Steve was only 23. 

Dylan also had the same problem. As the show moved away from 80s fashion in season 4, Dylan went from looking like teenager in baja tops to a 30-year-old in suits. 

Edited by Kimmykun.

Share Post

Yes, Donna’s wardrobe is really on point since she started the design job. I noted her super short suit skirt in a meeting, but I guess Ally McBeal made that a thing. 

Share Post