Happy Together with the Media

It's official. Canceled. Damn. It's one of the few new shows I actually like.

Share Post

CBS Winter Comedy Schedule: ‘Fam’ & ‘Man With a Plan’ Get Slots, No Back Order For ‘Happy Together’, ‘Life In Pieces’ MIA

For Happy Together, starring Damon Wayans Jr., CBS has opted not to order additional episodes beyond the original 13. Per CBS’ standard MO the past few years, the comedy is not canceled and will remain in contention for next season.

Not officially cancelled, but no back order is a bad sign and will almost certainly mean cancellation.

Share Post

CBS should split the difference & move DWJ and ASW over to The Neighborhood.

Share Post

12 hours ago, paulvdb said:

CBS Winter Comedy Schedule: ‘Fam’ & ‘Man With a Plan’ Get Slots, No Back Order For ‘Happy Together’, ‘Life In Pieces’ MIA

But this sounds a bit hopeful:

While Happy Together has underperformed in the ratings, it stars a sought-after comedy talent in Wayans Jr. and comes from Late Late Show producer Fulwell 73. What’s more, because of co-lead Amber Stevens West’s pregnancy, the series rushed production on the first six episodes. In the most recent Episodes 7 and 8, ratings have gone up, with the eighth episode logging the comedy’s best Live+same day total viewer and adults 18-49 numbers since Episode 3.

Share Post

My DVR says that Happy Together is coming on this Saturday at 8:30. Not sure if it is true.

Damon Wayans Jr. should shave his head and take over his father's job on Lethal Weapon.

Share Post

5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

My DVR says that Happy Together is coming on this Saturday at 8:30. Not sure if it is true.

Damon Wayans Jr. should shave his head and take over his father's job on Lethal Weapon.

It's a rerun on Saturday and a new episode on Monday. Since Saturdays are slow tv days, hopefully viewers will want to relax and check out sitcoms and discover this funny show. Hopefully there'll be a better chance of it coming back next season.

And yes, I often confuse Jr. with Sr.

In my mind, 30 years haven't passed by. LOL.

Edited by Snow Apple.

Share Post

I'm so bummed this show is likely cancelled. I wonder if the premise with the singer just threw people off. I don't mind the actor but think the show would be just fine focusing on the couple and their parents. It's such a fun, quiet show with great talent.

Share Post

As I watched last night, I realized this show might've been a better fit on ABC rather than CBS. So if CBS decides not to renew, I hope another studio picks it up. I'm thinking about either their Tuesday or Wednesday night comedy block, I think this show would fit in nicely. It would also be a nice callback to Sr's time on 'My Wife and Kids'. Make it so, ABC. 

Share Post