Mike: A New, Improved Situation

I hope it's ok to start this. Mike has become my favorite so I wanted to start a thread for him. Please delete this if it's not allowed. 

I'm worried about Mike. I'm a firm believer in "do the crime, do the time" but I think prison will be very hard for him. Watching the older seasons and the way he acted and the always showing his abs and things like that, I think he's going to get a lot of harassment in prison. 

Share Post

Prop to him for changing, but if we're being honest he really should have just paid his taxes. I think prison will crush him if it gets to that, because he does seem to have changed and it may end up being like going ten steps back.

Share Post

I hope that Mike is taking his recovery seriously and has truly changed, and is not just trying to "live the clean life" because of his legal issues. I'm a recovering addict too, I really feel for him trying to stay sober while the other housemates party all night.

Share Post

Is it me or has Mike's voice/vocal inflection changed? He used to have this lazy drawl thing going on...but it seemed like something he turned on and off, too. I don't know if he was trying to come across a certain way, but it made him sound...not that intelligent. 

I can see why his housemates really disliked Mike in the past, and yes, he did have lots of money that he pissed away. But at the same time, the guys razzing him for it makes me cringe, particularly Ronnie. The guy had a public fall and is possibly facing jail time...how much fun is there in kicking someone when they're down, really?

Share Post

According to TMZ the entire cast showed up to support him, including Angelina and a very pregnant Deena. Still waiting on the sentence.

Share Post

I'm so sad about this.  I know it could have been worse, been longer, but he's in such a better place now.  Hopefully he gets out early on good behavior. 

Share Post

Federal jails are a lot "nicer" than local jails. (please note-no jail is nice, but I'd pick a Federal jail than the local county jail).  I think he'll do alright.  If it was a state jail or prison, I'd be much more concerned.  I know how Federal sentencing is calculated so I figured he'd do some time.  It IS a shame though; it seems like he really turned his life around.  Hopefully he stays positive, does his time, and gets out unscathed.  

Edited by ccphilly.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, ccphilly said:

Federal jails are a lot "nicer" than local jails. (please note-no jail is nice, but I'd pick a Federal jail than the local county jail).  I think he'll do alright.  If it was a state jail or prison, I'd be much more concerned.   

This makes me feel better.  I'm a recovering addict and my boyfriend has 9 years sober from alcohol and we were talking about it.  He goes to AA and works the program and he said he should be ok with it with the coping tools he gets.  You're taught to accept what is handed down.  Getting sober doesn't mean you're consequence free from your actions in the past.  You're just now able to accept it and cope with it. 

Share Post

Is the prison more like what Martha Stewart went to?  If so, I would think Mike can get through it ok.  Made me sad, because he's come a long way from where he was a couple of years ago.

I was also thinking how I would rather associate with Mike than Ron, even with him being a convicted felon.  Ron is just so angry, has really deep issues.  I could see Ron being secretly happy at the verdict.  He always has seemed jealous of Mike.

Edited by hoosier80.

Share Post

2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Is the prison more like what Martha Stewart went to?  If so, I would think Mike can get through it ok.  Made me sad, because he's come a long way from where he was a couple of years ago.

I don't know where they're going to send him, but he was convicted of a white collar crime, not a violent one.  Between that and the fact that the system may consider him a "celebrity", the safe money is Mike getting the Martha Stewart treatment.  I'm in Federal law enforcement and I'm ok with his sentence.  He seems to be very remorseful and is willing to accept his punishment.  

FYI-I always HATED Mike.  I thought he was a woman- hater and had no respect for anyone.  After watching him on the reunion, he seemed to have changed his tune.  I hope he can serve his  time and get his life on track.  He seems to be on the right path.  

Share Post

On 10/5/2018 at 11:19 AM, ccphilly said:

Federal jails are a lot "nicer" than local jails. (please note-no jail is nice, but I'd pick a Federal jail than the local county jail).  I think he'll do alright.  If it was a state jail or prison, I'd be much more concerned.  I know how Federal sentencing is calculated so I figured he'd do some time.  It IS a shame though; it seems like he really turned his life around.  Hopefully he stays positive, does his time, and gets out unscathed.  

There is no such thing as federal jail or state jail.  There is federal prison and state prison, and there's county jail. But I do agree, if given a choice, I'd rather be in federal prison. 

He will have a much easier time in federal prison. It's mostly white collar, money offenses, unlike regular prison where you have murders, rapists etc. 

I hope he gets a bit knocked off for good behavior or whatever it's called but I think he'll be ok. 

Share Post

39 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

There is no such thing as federal jail or state jail

The Federal "jail" is called a detention center-it's for people sentenced under a year or if they're waiting for trial.  You're right-local jails are run by the county.-Federal Agent here, who should be working instead of commenting on the Situation's situation.   

Edited by ccphilly.

Share Post

On 10/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, Lusterleaf said:

In case anyone wants to check out Mike and Laurens wedding registry: https://www.crateandbarrel.com/gift-registry/lauren-pesce-and-michael-sorrentino/r5872988

Also, looks like they are getting married Thursday Nov 1.

That wedding registry eliminated any feelings of romance I had about their wedding. LOL Not that they would care, but it's a pet peeve of mine when engaged people register for huge quantities of overpriced cooking and dining items. How much formal entertaining do they plan on doing? They probably won't use most of it on a regular basis - if at all. And why load yourselves down with a shitload of stuff when you're just starting out as a couple?  I mean, I know Mike likes to eat but do they really need a $380 dutch oven? A $600 mixer? A $699.99 blender? (Okay, it's on  special for $549.99 - but still.) All of which makes me think they also plan to spend quite a bit on the wedding. If they're thinking the Jersey Shore money is going to be around forever, then Mike didn't learn much from his previous spending sprees. And if they actually do use all the stuff they're asking for on the regular, then Mike must be planning on turning himself into a perfect human sphere. Oh well.....Rant over. I'll just go back to minding my own business. LOL

Edited by Mannahatta.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

That wedding registry eliminated any feelings of romance I had about their wedding. LOL Not that they would care, but it's a pet peeve of mine when engaged people register for huge quantities of overpriced cooking and dining items. How much formal entertaining do they plan on doing? They probably won't use most of it on a regular basis - if at all. And why load yourselves down with a shitload of stuff when you're just starting out as a couple?  I mean, I know Mike likes to eat but do they really need a $380 dutch oven? A $600 mixer? A $699.99 blender? (Okay, it's on  special for $549.99 - but still.) All of which makes me think they also plan to spend quite a bit on the wedding. If they're thinking the Jersey Shore money is going to be around forever, then Mike didn't learn much from his previous spending sprees. And if they actually do use all the stuff they're asking for on the regular, then Mike must be planning on turning himself into a perfect human sphere. Oh well.....Rant over. I'll just go back to minding my own business. LOL

I hope they're not so tacky they'd return it all the Bed, Bath and Beyond or Williams Sonoma for cash or store credit.?

Edited by Brooklynista.

Share Post

I wonder why they registered for so many alcohol related items.  I'm surprised at how many things have already been bought for them. 

One thing I don't understand about situations like Mike's. I would want to turn myself in and get it over with as quickly as possible. It sounds like he might be waiting for the full 60 days before he goes in. 

Share Post

On 10/16/2018 at 8:30 PM, Mannahatta said:

This is a pretty standard wedding registry practice. People register for gifts with a wide range of price points so friends/family will have a choice in how much they'd like to spend. It's not about "need." And I'm sure Sitch has some friends with money (like the rest of the cast, for example) that will want to buy them something extravagant. 

Share Post

39 minutes ago, cmfran said:

This is a pretty standard wedding registry practice. People register for gifts with a wide range of price points so friends/family will have a choice in how much they'd like to spend. It's not about "need." And I'm sure Sitch has some friends with money (like the rest of the cast, for example) that will want to buy them something extravagant. 

I’d agree this is pretty standard.  I can also see Mike using a fair amount the items and also offering to do entertaining for friends and family a lot.  He’s always shown cooking from Day 1 of Jersey Shore, and he appears to be able to put out quite the spread.  Even before he became Mike 2.0 the foodie.

Share Post

I saw that on Mike's IG Story many of his fans are buying stuff off of the registry and sending it to them with a note. 

Share Post

What I don't get with the registry though is that Mike is in his mid 30s and he and Lauren have clearly lived together for a while.  What are they using to cook with now?  What are they eating off of and drinking from?  I don't think it's so weird to register for a whole bunch of kitchen stuff when you're getting married if you are just starting out, but, when you've been on a few different tv shows and have lived on your own for a while, then I'd think maybe you don't need someone else to buy you plates.  

Share Post

Just watched the latest episode and have come to realize I can't stand that knock-kneed, pigeon-toed, spiritually enlightened, douche bag. WTF is it with him ending all his words with an "s" sound? He's like a 7 year old who just learned the "f" word and uses it constantly. He's truly a simpleton and he's ruining the show for me.

Share Post

The blender is a Vitamix, which if you use a blender a lot, is the only way to go.  It has a lifetime warranty.  Anything goes wrong, they'll fix it or replace.  It can do a lot of things, not just blend.

The mixer is a KitchenAid, which again is the best around.  People buy those for a lifetime, and even gift to their children once they pass away.  All of the attachments you buy - they will always fit any model of the stand mixer.   There is a wide assortment of attachments - peelers, spiralizers, meat grinders, etc, so it's not merely a stand mixer.

The Dutch oven and the other similar pan are by Le Cruset.  If you are a serious cook (Mike seems to like to cook a lot), then it makes sense.  Those are also lifetime investments.  

I've had a couple of crappy blenders, and I have a Ninja now, which is ok, but I sort of wished I had held out for the Vitamix.   

It's basically asking for quality items rather than crap that you will have to replace later.  Plus, they had a wide range of items on the registry.  You register for what you'd like - a wish list.  It's no guarantee that you'll get everything, but why not list it?  They had stuff as low as $7.95.  The other people in the cast who make big bucks, plus maybe people with the network or the show who make bank, may want to spend something more than the average friend.  With all of the gadgets they had listed, someone could easily get several and put in a basket or something.  I didn't find it outrageous, to be honest.  

Share Post

@hoosier80 totally agree.  It’s also their first wedding, why not register for what you want?  They may should be “set up,” but it’s not out of this world to register for gifts.  It’s traditional.  When I registered at 2 places (Marshall Fields RIP & Target), we went all out knowing we wouldn’t get everything but at the same time our advisor told us just do it.  Long story short,  my wedding never happened, my fiancé died 2 months before our wedding.  My uncle insisted on buying me the Kitchenaid mixer.  And then told me to keep it because it was #1 on my list, the thing I wanted most.  Not all registers are a gift grab.  I had the best time shopping and scanning gifts for our register with my guy.  It was a fun time, and something that most couples do.  I am kind of tired of people being judged for registry. Like my grandma always told me, I would rather buy you something you want (want not need) than give you money because I know it will just go to pay your bills and that’s not a gift.  There’s a difference, and I still live by that to this day.  Gifts are not needs, they are fun.

Edited by geauxaway.

Share Post

On 10/28/2018 at 12:28 AM, hoosier80 said:

The blender is a Vitamix, which if you use a blender a lot, is the only way to go.  It has a lifetime warranty.  Anything goes wrong, they'll fix it or replace.  It can do a lot of things, not just blend.

The mixer is a KitchenAid, which again is the best around.  People buy those for a lifetime, and even gift to their children once they pass away.  All of the attachments you buy - they will always fit any model of the stand mixer.   There is a wide assortment of attachments - peelers, spiralizers, meat grinders, etc, so it's not merely a stand mixer.

The Dutch oven and the other similar pan are by Le Cruset.  If you are a serious cook (Mike seems to like to cook a lot), then it makes sense.  Those are also lifetime investments.  

I've had a couple of crappy blenders, and I have a Ninja now, which is ok, but I sort of wished I had held out for the Vitamix.   

It's basically asking for quality items rather than crap that you will have to replace later.  Plus, they had a wide range of items on the registry.  You register for what you'd like - a wish list.  It's no guarantee that you'll get everything, but why not list it?  They had stuff as low as $7.95.  The other people in the cast who make big bucks, plus maybe people with the network or the show who make bank, may want to spend something more than the average friend.  With all of the gadgets they had listed, someone could easily get several and put in a basket or something.  I didn't find it outrageous, to be honest.  

Yeah, I'm seriously not seeing the hate. A Kitchenaid Mixer is one of the most common registry items, and I regret not registering for a Le Cruset. I also registered for AllClad pots and pans, though...

...and they were worth it. 

I just got married at 33. By that time, you probably have had cheaper stuff and know it doesn't last. I know I did. 

Share Post

On 10/28/2018 at 2:52 AM, geauxaway said:

Long story short,  my wedding never happened, my fiancé died 2 months before our wedding.

That is so terrible!  I’m truly sorry for your awful loss 

Share Post

Aww they look amazing. Congrats to them.

Cute the flower girls were Jenni&Nicole's daughters. 

Jen was there? Oh gawd.

Share Post

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, geauxaway said:

Long story short,  my wedding never happened, my fiancé died 2 months before our wedding.  

Like my grandma always told me, I would rather buy you something you want (want not need) than give you money because I know it will just go to pay your bills and that’s not a gift.  There’s a difference, and I still live by that to this day.  Gifts are not needs, they are fun.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry geauxaway!  How sad.  

And your second statement is something my dad always stood by.  He said, "I want to get you something you want, not need.  Something you probably won't buy for yourself because you don't need it."  And his gifts were always based on that.

I'm overjoyed that they got married yesterday.  They both looked great and you can just see the love and respect between them. I'm proud of the guy.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, rogar6 said:

Just watched the latest episode and have come to realize I can't stand that knock-kneed, pigeon-toed, spiritually enlightened, douche bag. WTF is it with him ending all his words with an "s" sound? He's like a 7 year old who just learned the "f" word and uses it constantly. He's truly a simpleton and he's ruining the show for me.

That's a shame.  I don't care for Angelina or Ronnie at times, but no one ruins the show that much for me.  There's always the option to not watch.  

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:29 AM, Talky Tina said:

One thing I don't understand about situations like Mike's. I would want to turn myself in and get it over with as quickly as possible. It sounds like he might be waiting for the full 60 days before he goes in. 

I'm assuming with the wedding and holidays coming up, he's waiting for those to be over.  I think I saw a headline the other day that he'll start in January, so that would make sense if he's waiting for the holidays to be over.  I'd do the same, especially your first Christmas as a married couple.  

ETA: Was surprised Ronnie served as best man.  Maybe he did it to mend that relationship and build Ronnie up?

Edited by ShaNaeNae.

Share Post