Suggestion: ability to follow locked threads from mobile

I've noticed that if I want to follow a thread that's been locked, the little bell isn't available on my phone, for me to click on it so that I can follow it.  I have to wait until I get home and log in to the site to do so.  Do you think it would be possible to add the bell on the mobile site in the next upgrade? Thanks.

Share Post

Not sure I understand the practicality of following a locked topic - if it's locked there's no new posts. Can you explain please?

Share Post

Yes. Like a show that is locked until it airs. Not a permanently locked topic; you can't choose to follow it-the notification bell isn't there on the mobile; but, it is there on the desktop version. For example, this Friday's Real Time with Bill Maher. The topic is locked until after the show is over. I wanted to be able to follow it, but had to go to the desktop to click on the notification bell; the bell isn't there on the mobile.  When I had asked why it wasn't there in the questions thread a few months ago, you had responded with "What you see is what you get." And since I comment on this site from my phone 90% of the time, I thought I'd ask if would be possible to see the notification bell on the mobile for topics that are locked until after the show is finished airing.

Share Post

Ok yep, got it. 

@David T. Cole  as far as I'm aware that hasn't changed; it's still a case of WYSIWYG, unless there's a relevant update in the next release?

Share Post

I have the bell on my phone (iPhone latest OS) in both Chrome and Safari. It’s at the top and bottom of the page.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Lisin said:

I have the bell on my phone (iPhone latest OS) in both Chrome and Safari. It’s at the top and bottom of the page.

Huh. I'll have to check again, because it's not at the bottom of my phone! 6S. Thanks @Lisin!

And it's there for shows that are locked? That's the issue for me. I see the bells for open threads, but not locked ones that will open after show has aired.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule.

Share Post

It didn't work. I can FOLLOW the forum, but for individual thread/topic for a show that will unlock after it airs? There is no bell notification at the top or bottom.

Share Post