S08.E20 Again With This: Beverly Hills, 90210 Violates Val, Again

Noah's brother comes to town to make peace with Noah, and make a move on whatever woman leaves an unattended drink in his vicinity. It's just Val's luck this is the one time the club's actually stocked wine.

View the full article

Share Post

Interesting timing that this episode comes right after the Cosby conviction. It was rape in 1998 on a soap opera, but some people are still questioning and victim-blaming 20 years later...the more things change, the more they stay the same. 

Share Post

Interesting timing that this episode comes right after the Cosby conviction. It was rape in 1998 on a soap opera, but some people are still questioning and victim-blaming 20 years later...the more things change, the more they stay the same. 

Not only that, they're also getting started on Donna's own opioid addiction storyline. I would say 90210 is prescient, but like you said, it's more like the more things changes...

On a lighter note, who says the Cirque du Soleil isn't good for a date?

Simpsons cirque.png

Edited by MerBearStare.

Share Post

I remember the date rape storyline but didn't remember it was Noah's brother and that it was Sam Anders doing it.

Share Post

Steve is so full of shit with that throw a frat party nonsense. Claire owned his balls for like 3 years.

Share Post

I hated this story line so much... I think soon we get the classic Kelly "look, I'm trying to apologize" Taylor. It's all victim blaming with a dash of Perry Mason at the end. But if remember correctly, Noah doesn't get in any trouble for what happens right?

Share Post

Is anyone surprised that Noah's brother is a rapist/sexual predator/all-around sleazo? That's literally the ONLY role I've ever seen him play.
*SVU (Surprise! He drugged women and then raped them. Obviously didn't learn his lesson.)
*One Tree Hill (only stat rape and she was totally into it, but still not cool)
*Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (creepy stalker- and yes, I totally watched that show, sorry...)
*Revenge (no sexual assault that I can recall, but he was definitely a sleazo up to no good)

Share Post

He was awesome (and not a sleeze) on Battlestar Galactica.

Share Post

I watched Dr. Quinn too (grew up without cable), must be why he looks so familiar.

Share Post

Once again this show has some ok ideas and just let's it go to crap.  Exploring the issue of consent is fantastic (esp with the complexity of a past lover and a woman who may have been sexually experienced vs the classic virgin scenario) but the show doesn't carry it through and it's a whole he said/she said, oopsie you were drugged thing.  But at the end of the day, Val didn't give consent to Noah, right?  

Does Donna forgive Noah because he was drunk? Why isn't fidelity more of an issue to Donna given the fact that both Ray and David cheated on her?  

Share Post

I knew those rape accusation bongos sounded familiar:

(go to 39:57 if the video doesn't automatically) 

Share Post

On 5/1/2018 at 3:47 PM, Carmen MacCodykins said:

*One Tree Hill (only stat rape and she was totally into it, but still not cool)

OMG - he was Nathan's Uncle Cooper!  I could not place him.  Thank you!

Share Post