All Episodes Talk: Keeping It Chill

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

I loved the first episode how he went to local places that had expanded to see how they kept it the same.

Share Post

I finally had a chance to watch the first few episodes! I love ice cream so I knew I would love this show. I'm still undecided on Isaac, but I enjoy seeing all the different ice cream shops. I live in California so none of the new stuff they featured was new to me, but it was nice to see less traditional ice cream featured, which made me think they maybe should have aired that episode later in the season when people start to get tired of seeing regular sundaes and cones.

I remember thinking that Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes were SO AWESOME when I was younger but man, the ones from the place in Chinatown that are all ice cream (no cake) looked sooooooo good!

Share Post

On 5/24/2018 at 7:17 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I finally had a chance to watch the first few episodes! I love ice cream so I knew I would love this show. I'm still undecided on Isaac, but I enjoy seeing all the different ice cream shops. I live in California so none of the new stuff they featured was new to me, but it was nice to see less traditional ice cream featured, which made me think they maybe should have aired that episode later in the season when people start to get tired of seeing regular sundaes and cones.

I remember thinking that Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes were SO AWESOME when I was younger but man, the ones from the place in Chinatown that are all ice cream (no cake) looked sooooooo good!

Right? I also loved the gay guys from the last episode!

Share Post

I was trying to figure out if I had missed the last few episodes but it looks like Vice is airing the final three episodes in a block tonight!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo.

Share Post

On 6/25/2018 at 6:05 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was trying to figure out if I had missed the last few episodes but it looks like Vice is airing the final three episodes in a block tonight!

My DVR only recorded 1...Viceland is a scheduling mess like Disney Channel heh. With Desus & Mero Gone I may just give up on it.

Share Post

I live in the Bay Arae so I really enjoyed the Farm to Cone episode. I love seeing local businesses get their moment in the spotlight. Bi-Rite is an institution up here. It's one of the places everyone has to go when they visit SF. I'm not a huge fan of Tcho's chocolate for straight eating, but ti's used in a lot of local ice cream (aside from Bi-Rite, I know that Smitten definitely uses Tcho because I was just there the other day).

I am a HUGE fan of Double 8! One thing they didn't mention on the show is that a lot of lactose intolerant people are able to have buffalo milk products without any issues (buffalo milk DOES contain lactose but apparently there's something about cow milk that causes lactose intolerant people to have all those terrible symptoms). I am ucky because there is a place by my house that has Double 8's soft serve and another place near my house that sells their gelato by the pint. Both are super creamy and delicious. The texture is so rich but melts on your tongue. The Fior di Latte is my favorite, but I have tried just about every flavor they have and they're all very good.

I didn't realize how many places uses Straus for their ice cream base!

Share Post