S29.E17: Lisa Gets The Blues 2018.04.22

When the Simpsons’ flight to Gainesville gets re-routed to New Orleans, Lisa is forced to face her failures, and regain her confidence as a jazz musician. Meanwhile, Bart is intrigued by the voodoo in Louisiana, and Homer is intrigued by the drinking

Share Post

Intro: The Flintstones Simpstones Simpsons

Billboard: Mr. Burns Was Shot in 1995, and still no arrests? How come, Chief Wiggum? Paid for by the comittee to lock up the baby.

Chalkboard: I Will Not Bet On Bart in the Final Four

Couch Gag: (We're lumberjacks, why is that funny?)

Ooh, Tracy Ullman Simpsons! And Lisa leaving band practice actually leads to a plot.

"It's not just Florida, it's Gainesville!" They really nailed having to go somewhere you really don't want to go to. Like that time they almost went to Dayton, Ohio. 

I'm like Homer when it comes to New Orleans, I'd go on a food tour. And I'm guessing that every single place Homer goes to is real. Well, except for the Upchuck Mangione Museum (that was great).  I gotta admit, meeting Bleeding Gums' nephew was much better than Hologram Bleeding Gums Murphy, as was Lisa talking to the Louie Armstrong statute. It wasn't the first time Lisa got a statue to talk to her, but the old days would've seen her visit a much less popular one (a la Jefferson). The beignet tag had better animation than, well, anything this whole season.

So wait, it's night time in New Orleans but daytime in Springfield? That of all things was what bothered me. Not even a cameo by Big Daddy (his VO died years ago, but still).

Not even Maggie likes Milhouse. Understandable.

Edited by Galileo908.

Share Post

New Orleans is exactly the place The Simpsons would love. Homer for the food. Lisa for the music. Bart for the voodoo. Marge for the Religion.

I liked the Billboard gag and then having Maggie rip the head off of a Millhouse voodoo doll.  

Share Post

13 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Not even Maggie likes Milhouse. Understandable.

I loved how Maggie was so adamant that she was not interested in Milhouse, and then breaks out the voodoo doll that apparently worked when she bent Milhouse's arm.

It was a decent episode for #635 -- can't believe it took them this long to go to New Orleans.

I liked Lisa's Box of Shattered Dreams -- Mathlete disqualified by a No. 3 pencil

Skinner: "Mr. Largo, what is going on here ?"
Largo: "I'm trying to encourage a student to give up on her dreams."
Skinner: "You're crushing it as always Dewey."  <fistbump with Largo> "I'll take it from here."

Homer: "Whoo-hoo ! I'm suffering from beer vertigo."

The web site that Lisa was looking up her problem was Hypochndri-app.

Loved that Wiggum had the yips while trying to electrocute Snake, so Snake just did it himself because he didn't have the patience for Wiggum to get it done.

Lisa: "Some nights there isn't enough kale in the world to brighten a girl's mood."

Homer: "I wonder, do they have jazz in New Orleans ?"    Oh, Homer.

I loved Lisa's Legoland driver's license -- and it was still better than Homer's actual driver's license (Suspended. Weight is a lie). Homer's weight on his license says 239 lbs, but it also says his height is 6 ft.  Sex. M, Hair: No

Share Post

1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

It was a decent episode for #635 -- can't believe it took them this long to go to New Orleans.

Technically, they were in New Orleans during Chief Wiggum, PI back in season 8.

1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Homer: "Whoo-hoo ! I'm suffering from beer vertigo."

Even better: "Beer-tigo"

Share Post

can't believe it took them this long to go to New Orleans.

Maybe they didn't want to go since its the home of pirates, drunks and whores & tacky overpriced souvenir stores.

Share Post

Man, they really let Gainesville have it in this episode.

Share Post

18 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Homer's weight on his license says 239 lbs, but it also says his height is 6 ft.  Sex. M, Hair: No

239 lbs was Trump's purported weight on his recent physical.  

Share Post

On 4/22/2018 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

I'm like Homer when it comes to New Orleans, I'd go on a food tour. And I'm guessing that every single place Homer goes to is real.

Yup! And the Spotted Cat Jazz Club. They all looked exactly as they really do. Homer going through all the foods was basically me when recommending places to eat in New Orleans!

Share Post

On 4/22/2018 at 6:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

"It's not just Florida, it's Gainesville!"

I was just in Gainesville at the beginning of the month. 

On 4/22/2018 at 7:00 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Homer's weight on his license says 239 lbs, but it also says his height is 6 ft.

On 4/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, Wilbur Whateley said:

That's what I thought they were going for.

I loved the repeating sight gag of the foods Homer was eating with Lisa just standing there. 

Share Post

On 4/22/2018 at 9:00 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Homer's weight on his license says 239 lbs, but it also says his height is 6 ft.  Sex. M, Hair: No

On 4/23/2018 at 3:06 PM, Wilbur Whateley said:

On 4/28/2018 at 4:52 PM, ganesh said:

That's what I thought they were going for.

Homer's always weighed around 239, as shown back in season one.

Donald Trump And Homer Simpson Are Exactly The Same Weight

Maybe DJT's doctor copied it from Homer.

Share Post