S02.E01: Picasso: Chapter One 2018.04.24

Pablo Picasso confronts the threat of fascism in Spain; young Pable rejects traditional painting to search for his own voice.

Share Post

Nobody watching? 

Same woman who played Einstein's wife is Picasso's - mistress...whatever.

I like it so far.

Share Post

I'm trying to decide if I want to watch it as it airs, or binge it like I did the last season.

Decisions, decisions...

Share Post

Genius - Picasso.  Brought to you by RJ Reynolds.  

Share Post

I knew the basics of Einstein's life, so the back and forth structure didn't bother me too much, I was filling in blanks in my knowledge.  However, with Picasso I know nothing, and  this time the 2 timelines structure is driving me crazy.

Share Post

Does anyone know if the actress playing Dora is also the actress who played Einstein's mistress/wife??  Apparently I missed her name in the credits.

Edited by MsTree. Reason: spelling

Share Post

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Does anyone know if the actress playing Dora is also the actress who played Einstein's mistress/wife??  Apparently I missed her name in the credits.

Yes, I noticed it and mentioned it in my post up there somewhere :) 

Her name is Samantha Colley.

Share Post

Ha! I watched ep 9 yesterday, and have thought before of Einstein's wife while watching Dora Marr, but she appears again in ep 9 after not being part of the story for awhile, and I kept picturing Dora with a limp, then I had to remind myself that I was thinking of the Einstein series. I confused the two because I'd seen a resemblnce throughout this series, but didn't know until now that it was indeed the same actress.

Share Post

Just watched this on demand - it's spectacularly awful!  Is the Einstein one any better?

Share Post

1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

Just watched this on demand - it's spectacularly awful!  Is the Einstein one any better?

I did prefer the Einstein season.  It seemed to me to have more substance.  I think it lived up to the series' title more than the Picasso season did.  It did a better job of conveying how Einstein's mind worked; where he got his ideas and inspirations from.  Then again, it's possible that Picasso was just a shallower individual than Einstein was!  It certainly seemed that way from what we saw play out on screen this season.

Share Post

Maybe I'll try Einstein.

Years ago I remember enjoying a performance of Picasso at the Lapin Agile, which features both Picasso and Einstein.

Share Post

1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

Maybe I'll try Einstein.

I also preferred Einstein for many of the same reasons that @ProudMary listed.  I didn't think the Picasso series was awful so I'm curious what you didn't like about it, if you don't mind answering :)

Share Post