S29.E16: King Leer 2018.04.15

Homer and Marge follow Moe after the bar closes early and discover him and his father fighting. The Simpsons, after finding out that Moe has been excommunicated from his family for years, attempt to bring them back together.

Share Post

Good to know that Bart ravaging people with the trombone was just a Marge fantasy (although it's totally in character for him), but making Homer choose between beer and the safety of a violin was just cruel, but a level of petty cruelty I haven't seen out of Bart in ages. Only Lisa would describe the clarinet as "the recorder, but cooler."

Okay, I laughed at Homer trying to cheat a breathalyzer with a dog, but the dog having a higher BAC than he does.

Welp, a long-running joke (Moe's multiple choice origin story) was finally answered tonight. SIGH. Moe's family were crooked mattress salesman?! At least his dad was Ray Liotta. I really did believe that Moe was related to the family we saw, they're just as big ugly creeps as he is. The word "reach around" was said a lot tonight, I couldn't get my mind off of that.

"Homer, what's your favorite movie?"
"Fast & Furious 6."
"What was the theme of the movie?"
"Cars."
"What was the OTHER theme?"
"(gasps) Family!

Share Post

59 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

The word "reach around" was said a lot tonight, I couldn't get my mind off of that.

Unfortunately, yes it was.  I thought I misheard it the first time in the episode.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver.

Share Post

37 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Welp, a long-running joke (Moe's multiple choice origin story) was finally answered tonight. SIGH. Moe's family were crooked mattress salesman?! At least his dad was Ray Liotta.

and his sister was Debi Mazar................... (people shrugging shoulders)...............she was in that Fred Savage office comedy.............. (crickets chirping)............... she was in that "other" show about that "other" Italian family who lives in Jersey .................... (tumbleweeds roll by)........... she was Two-Face's other girl............ Younger??? ............  Happy??????

Homer:   Oh, "that" Debi Mazar.   (Seriously, I'm "strangely" obsessed with the career of this actress for some reason.)

BTW, that credit ending was an animated remake of an actual commercial.  I remember them showing it on an episode of that show with Bonaduce, Bridges, and Harding.

Share Post

25 minutes ago, Twilight Man said:

and his sister was Debi Mazar................... (people shrugging shoulders)...............she was in that Fred Savage office comedy.............. (crickets chirping)............... she was in that "other" show about that "other" Italian family who lives in Jersey .................... (tumbleweeds roll by)........... she was Two-Face's other girl............ Younger??? ............  Happy??????

Homer:   Oh, "that" Debi Mazar.   (Seriously, I'm "strangely" obsessed with the career of this actress for some reason.)

BTW, that credit ending was an animated remake of an actual commercial.  I remember them showing it on an episode of that show with Bonaduce, Bridges, and Harding.

Entourage for me.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Okay, I laughed at Homer trying to cheat a breathalyzer with a dog, but the dog having a higher BAC than he does.

The drunk dog killed me. 

3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

The word "reach around" was said a lot tonight, I couldn't get my mind off of that.

I noticed too. 

Debi Mazar and Ray Liotta were also in Goodfellas iirc.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

For me, I know her as Madonna’s best gal pal for over 30 years. And she’s been in a number of her music videos.

Share Post

12 hours ago, opus said:

Entourage for me.

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

Debi Mazar ................ also in Goodfellas iirc.

Yeah, I was just trying to mention all of the stuff that I knew off the top of my head.  I forgot a few.

9 hours ago, Not4Me said:

For me, I know her as Madonna’s best gal pal for over 30 years. And she’s been in a number of her music videos.

That's (almost) how old this interview is, but yeah, that too; she won't shut up (almost as bad as Rosie) about how she knows Madonna.

(Like I said, I'm "strangely" addicted to this actress.)

Share Post

Debi Mazar was also just in "Happy!" Syfy's psychotic comedy starring Christopher Meloni.

I'm generally not a fan of Moe stories, but this made me laugh out loud several times, especially Homer's observations that Marge's meddling was not going to end well. 

Share Post