Season One Problem Areas: Policing

Wyatt Cenac's take on the problems with policing and more; season one discussion for Wyatt Cenac's Problem Areas. Please see the main forum for more topics!

Share Post

Loved the episode and loved how it was different from the rest of the Daily Show graduates’ shows.

Share Post

This was different, and I really liked it. The change in the style/format is really good, and I think it brings a new perspective that we need - all the 'talking heads as usual' are exhausting, even though I love them all. Tell the story a different way, and maybe a few more people will start to get it.

Share Post

Add me as someone who also enjoyed this.  He was a sometimes guest on the Bugle so I wasn't surprised that John Oliver was Exec. Producer of the show.

Share Post

On 4/15/2018 at 12:14 AM, saoirse said:

This was different, and I really liked it. The change in the style/format is really good, and I think it brings a new perspective that we need - all the 'talking heads as usual' are exhausting, even though I love them all. Tell the story a different way, and maybe a few more people will start to get it.

This is why I’m hoping J Stew comes back but in a different format.

Share Post

He lost me with his opening bit about private space exploration.  Though I do understand the anxiety of the future being planned while excluding large numbers of people, I just didn’t find his argument compelling or even coherent.

Share Post

On 4/23/2018 at 3:04 PM, revbfc said:

He lost me with his opening bit about private space exploration.  Though I do understand the anxiety of the future being planned while excluding large numbers of people, I just didn’t find his argument compelling or even coherent.

Maybe five the show more than one segment to figure out if you stick with it?

Share Post

5 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Maybe five the show more than one segment to figure out if you stick with it?

Perhaps you’re  right.  Maybe I really should “five” the show more than one segment.

Share Post

gotta work the phrase"fucking yamsmackers" into conversation more.

Share Post

On 5/5/2018 at 2:31 AM, MrWhyt said:

gotta work the phrase"fucking yamsmackers" into conversation more.

This.

Share Post

I am behind but I want to thank him for pointing out hard truths like the fact that sweet potato fries are garbage!

Share Post

I like sweet potato fries. 😜

Good to hear Wyatt got a second season. He’s living up to the standards set up by Jon Stewart’s other disciples. The asides help, but he’s good at deep-diving as well.

Share Post