Season One Discussion (Canada): Not Under a Gag Rule

I keep trying to find reasons to watch this show because it's on the CBC and last year's Bellevue was so good (and unfortunately cancelled after one season).

But this show is so terrible.  I should have known since it's from the people who made Saving Hope (aka five years of my life only to have half of the lead couple die in the last episode).  And since it's a medical mystery, it would have made more sense to have a lawyer and a medical expert instead of two lawyers tackling what is essentially a medical detective story.

Just saw episode 6 where Art from Orphan Black comes on as a neuropsychologist and without doing a single neuropsych test diagnoses the problem as being a conversion disorder and then treats her using hypnosis in the middle of her friends and family at the dinner table and the symptoms disappear. What the what??  And then in court, suddenly he's a witness for the other side and neither of Our Heroes says that there is no way the other side could have found out about him other than the break-in at the office, and it's a big thing that he's testifying for the mill without anyone saying that there are always experts testifying for both sides so just because one guy supports something it doesn't mean it's true.

I assume that this was made on the basis of the creators and Kristin Kreuk but the money could have been much better spent.

Share Post

Clearly no one is watching this. Kristin Kreuk looks amazing, but that is about all that I can say.

Share Post

This show is seriously bad and the fact that Kristin Kreuk is actually proud of being the executive producer of this drek is a little worrying--I question her taste level.  And there's going to be a second season in Canada?  Seriously?

Share Post