S29.E14: Fears of A Clown 2018.04.01

Bart goes to prankster rehab after a clown mask prank terrifies the town and destroys Krusty's career; Krusty tries his hand at serious drama with a regional theater company.

Share Post

Intro: Homer gliding!

Billboard: Mayor Quimby's Easter Egg Hunt - Bunnies supplied by President Trump

This is the Last Episode - April Fool

Couch Gag: Overtaking Gunsmoke at episode 636...four episodes early.

Damn, Skinner finally got a prank on Bart that didn't involve detention. But really, old Krusty masks scare the entire town?

Llewellyn Sinclair seemed to have been channeling Master Thespian this time around, but I feel like Krusty's plot fell a bit flat. Sure, it was neat to see that trying to get his clown thoughts out of his head caused him to get laughs because he had to press the reset button somehow. It was like the Canyonero episode mixed with the Streetcar episode, but without anything that made either story good or memorable.

Bart's plot fell kind of flat, too. Marge is still pissed off that Bart pranked everyone yet again (while feeling remorse ONLY because she was in the audience), but nothing came of that.

"It's times like this that I'm glad I have eyebrows." Milhouse is still great, and there were quite a few character design jokes tonight.

Didn't need to see that Willie needed to wear a merkin for his beard. The tag at the end with Ghost Shakespeare and Ghost Arthur Miller was amusing, though.

Edited by Galileo908.

Share Post

10 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

but I feel like Krusty's plot fell a bit flat.

But this has happened to Krusty before, when he lost everything and became a serious comic to great reviews and then got this show back.  So it not only felt flat, but it seems like the new writers are just ripping off prior episodes.

10 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

The tag at the end with Ghost Shakespeare and Ghost Arthur Miller was amusing, though.

Ghost Shakespeare dissing Ghost Miller was pretty good.

Share Post

That was a very weak unfunny episode (YMMV). 

Share Post

I feel like Krusty has mentioned doing serious theater before so that plot didn't work. Maybe I'm wrong though. I did laugh at Mr. Tini making out with that woman (Princess Kashmir?).  And I had a good laugh about Homer pointing out how characters look alike. The Van Houtens do look like twins, so that has always concerned me.

Share Post