My saved shows on my home page are gone

Bug description: Am I the only one? All of my saved shows are gone. (And yes I'm logged in)

Steps to reproduce: go to forums.previously.tv or click on "forums" at top of page

Operating System: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Browser: Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)    (and Safari 11.1)

Example URL(s) if applicable: 

Screenshots if applicable: 

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.51.17 PM.png

Share Post

I had seen that and tried the "Both" thing already (in fact I had to do that the first time back several weeks ago). I had also tried clearing the cache, and neither had worked yesterday.

The "Both" thing worked this morning. Very odd.

Share Post

FWIW I am having this exact issue as well.

Share Post

This is somewhat related.   I have new shows on my homepage that I didn't request.  Dash Dolls, Kocktails with Khole, Kourtney and Khole take the Hamptons, Revenge Body with Khole, and Rob & Chyna* all showed up and I never watch those shows/requested to be on customized homepage.   Not a big deal but wondering why.

*All Karadashian shows.   Are they actually  taking over the world?!  :) 

Share Post

Those are all new forums created from subforums in the KUWTK forum. Are they on your CHP or are they showing up under 'New Forums' at the top? Nevermind, I just checked and they're not in the New Forums area. 

It seems that if you have the KUWTK on your homepage it has automatically added the previously linked subforums-that-are-now-forums. Just hit the unsubscribe checkbox beside them, sorry about that.

Share Post

SilverStromm - no worries!  Just thought I'd bring it up in case it was happening to others.  I just unsubscribed

Share Post

Just a reference point more than anything, but:

I just purged all my browser history (including cookies) then logged back in here.  When I got to the homepage, it was like in the screenshot in first post of this thread; the New Forums and Info sections only.  Edit: Did the same on a different computer/browser.  The Shows section also shows up, with the Podcasts, Misc TV, and Off-Topic subsections appearing, specifically the forums under each of those I have subscribed to for my custom homepage.

And none of the three category displays; On Air, Off Air, or Both, were selected.

I knew all I had to do was select an option (Both in my case) and everything would be fixed, and it was.  But some little things niggle at me.  Not really issues, but things that came to mind in the process of getting back to my status quo.

1. Why is a "blank" page the default setting?  Wouldn't the Both setting make more sense?  Or is this one of those hard-coded limitations that can't be changed in the software?  (Additional thought below, due to above edit.)
  2. When writing up this post originally, I tried to turn off the display setting to look at the "blank" page again for clarification, but was not able to.  I can only switch between the 3 options.  That's fine and probably the way it should be, but I thought I should mention it since it seems related to the "issue" this thread is about.
  3. It makes sense that the Podcasts, etc. show up on the "blank" page, since they're technically neither On or Off Air; they just are.  So it seems that the On Air and Off Air tags for the shows, combined with the custom homepage defaulting to the (unselectable) Neither option after a cookie change leads to the "blank" page,
Edited by SVNBob. Reason: Further details, all in italics.

Share Post

I now have this, and the "both" thing doesn't work.  I don't see another suggested fix (or was it clearing cookies?  This just started right after I cleared cookies for another problem and re-signed in!)

Share Post

@SVNBob The short answer is it needs to be fixed and the coder I had on it... died? Disappeared in to the abyss? The long answer is I'm working on a summer forum reset that'll probably change the nature of the customized homepage. There's enough differences between the vanilla codebase and PTV that it's becoming nigh-impossible to update it properly on a decent schedule. Also the vanilla version now has some customization option built-in I can probably use to help people bubble up what they want to see.

Share Post

@Jobiska I had a quick peek and your homepage is good on my end and has BOTH selected. If you still have issues I'd recommend removing the forums.previously.tv cookie only, closing the browser, restarting it and logging in again. LMK if that helps.

Share Post

I too cleared my cookies and thought my saved shows are gone, but then I realized it was just because the "shows" section was collapsed:

Temp.thumb.jpg.ad3e49aa1093c279abc83004aab2fd00.jpg

This may not be the oversight that others are committing, though in dleighg's screenshot in the first message of the thread, this seems to be the case?

5ae17d2c63988_Temp2.thumb.jpg.836180d4c66171b3bda8d2e091bae3ab.jpg

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass.

Edited by Corgi-ears.

Share Post

There is a user, @CalicoKitty, who is having a problem similar to this (or maybe this itself). 

Note to Mods: She changed her browser and now it seems to be working. Thank you anyway. 

Edited by Mindthinkr. Reason: Added a note to Mods

Share Post