All Episodes Talk: Doogie Is the Dumbest One There

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

I really WANT to like this show. NPH is a good host and the kids are cute little nerds. BUT the actual game is NOT interesting to watch. It's mostly memorization (that's done off camera), so the viewers can't even TRY to play along.

Share Post

37 minutes ago, plurie said:

I really WANT to like this show. NPH is a good host and the kids are cute little nerds. BUT the actual game is NOT interesting to watch. It's mostly memorization (that's done off camera), so the viewers can't even TRY to play along.

I think that’s exactly what’s wrong with the show. Being impressed by what kids can memorize gets old quickly. I think the dilemma they have is that the kids are too young to have have a broad knowledge base for a regular quiz show that you play along at home, so all they can do is show you how quickly they can memorize facts.

Share Post

I was beginning to think that I'm the only person watching this show.  I enjoyed the first episode because it was a pleasure to see intelligent, well-mannered, nicely dressed kids on TV.  Their native gifts and feats of memory are impressive but they were less interesting to watch the second time around because the challenges were repetitive.  I suppose the producers figured that it would be most fair to give each child an exactly equal chance of advancing but the repetition did get a bit tedious.

Share Post

On 3/29/2018 at 9:05 AM, plurie said:

It;'s fun to play along with the math part, and the last 10-question quiz, but "Human GPS", reverse spelling and card memorization is dull.

Share Post

I've worked in San Francisco for the past thirty years and got exactly ONE of those questions right in the GPS test last week.  How do these kids do it?

Share Post