BB in the Media: Outside the Fishbowl

3 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I haven't been paying attention...has BB been officially renewed yet?

Yea. Julie announced it at the end of the finale.

I don't really have a problem with Tyler famewhoreing, I just think it's funny he is since I think his fans didn't expect it from him. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I still like Tyler, and fail to see what he's done that's so horrible (especially if that RS tweet is supposed to be some lame passive aggressive dig at him/them?) but I totally think single post-BB Tyler would have been way more entertaining than Tangela. I like them both, but would like to see more of their individual thoughts and natural posts than all those staged photos, etc. I highly doubt they will last, and if not, I could definitely see Tyler going back in the house. Agree that Haleigh and Brett will be back as well. Brett hosting comps on future seasons has to happen :)

I haven't been paying attention...has BB been officially renewed yet?

I don't think Tyler has done anything horrible at all. I just hoped he'd be a lot less boring.

Share Post

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

... Kaycee (she's awesome post-game) ...

What has she done that's been awesome?

Share Post

23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't really have a problem with Tyler famewhoreing, I just think it's funny he is since I think his fans didn't expect it from him. 

I’m a little confused here (honestly):

• Tyler cracking on an interviewer because (guessing from context here - I don’t follow either Rob C or his podcast) Tyler didn’t like some earlier Rob C comments about Tangela or some such is “famewhoring”... how?
  • If Tyler had done the exact opposite - choked down his personal feelings about Rob C and his earlier commentary and kissed Rob’s ass solely because RHAP is apparently a Big Deal in the reality show fan world - wouldn’t THAT behavior have earned Tyler a famewhore label just as quickly?

Seems like a lose-lose to me - in which case, go with the option which lets you sleep better at night.

Personally, I think Tyler and Angela are fighting an uphill battle; trying to figure out whatever their new relationship is while under the microscope of a few umpteen-gajillion fans AND detractors - many of whom seem to have forgotten they’re not on the show any more - and therefore not obligated to jump through whatever hoops some deem necessary for entertainment.  But I wish them luck, and wish them well.  

If I were in the same situation...?   I’d probably pull a Sam so fast that fans and detractors alike would get windburn, as well as get knocked to the ground from the sonic boom when my departure speed exceeded Mach 1.  But hey, maybe that’s just me.  ;)

Share Post

It has nothing to do with that, it's the fact that he hired a publicist and is apparently posting nothing but staged photos of himself and Angela as well as shilling shit on Instagram.

Which, more power to him, get that money bud, but he's just another famewhore like most of the people who are cast on BB.

Edited by peachmangosteen.

Share Post

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It has nothing to do with that, it's the fact that he hired a publicist and is apparently posting nothing but staged photos of himself and Angela as well as shilling shit on Instagram.

Which, more power to him, get that money bud, but he's just another famewhore like most of the people who are cast on BB.

I agree the staged photos are a bit much but that is probably their agency telling them to post them for the Tangela brand.  I think Tyler and Angela are both private people so who knows if we'll see more than that from them.  Tangela will be in Canada this weekend so it will be a chance for them to mingle with fans. 

Most of the BB cast have done sponsored posts/stories on IG so I don't know why people are shocked that Tyler would do the same. 

Share Post

Tyler did an interview with Reality Recaps today it was live- you can rewatch apparently if you are a You Now subscriber- but they will have it up on their site by tomorrow. But I found this rundown on another website. 

• Regrets his GBM to Scottie
  • said his downfall was playing to get to the end with all the final 2's but not having a strategy to win
  • when him and Kaycee told JC about L6/C2C before finale, he told JC he knows he's probably not winning either way but he needs to stick to his day 1 with KC
  • admits to the strategy of hyping people up to giving bad goodbye messages
  • said whoever evicted him would have determined who he voted for if he got cut at final 3
  • said if they had a Level 7, he'd pick Haleigh (when asked if he would swap anyone out from the Hive into L6.)
  • said he would have thrown f4 veto no matter what because choosing between Kaycee and Angela would have weighed on him too much
  • never considered throwing the pie HOH to Haleigh
  • first thing he remembers hearing in the real world was Mac Miller's death
  • most surprising thing from the episodes was JC's flip vote
  • besides meeting Angela and winning AFP, his best moment in the house was after winning OTEV because he knew he was safe with the app, but he pulled out the win for his girls. Said he wanted to rewatch OTEV the most post season
  • biggest obstacle in the house was the Hacker twist, said that was the one week he knew he was completely gone if he stayed on the block
  • says he thinks he could have beaten Angela because the jury hated on her but is also unsure because she was targeted from the beginning, and says he would have voted for Angela because of that if he was in the jury
  • says he was relieved Kaitlyn didn't finish the puzzle, but it was also very sad to watch
  • said Kaitlyn never had bad intentions (with bringing up his dad)
  • said he was never uncomfortable with JC (with the armpit kisses and cuddling)
  • Angela still hasn't told him her goodbye message to him
  • doesn't think cutting Kaycee over Brett would have helped him win because loyalty (regarding what Scottie said when he voted)
  • if he we're to play again and he had to either be loyal to his alliance and lose or have a guaranteed win and be disloyal, he'd rather win
  • says he felt burnt out and that Angela helped him out. As soon as he started to feel bad, Tangela started to become real and she was his outlet to go to outside the game to make him feel like home. Says she was a blessing
  • says he doesn't think the jury was bitter
  • says he'd play BB again
  • says he'd do Survivor
  • says he'd for sure do Amazing Race. If he couldn't pick Angela, he'd pick Kaycee
  • says he doesn't know if he'd wanna do the Challenge, doesn't watch it
  • says he loves his fans because he really didn't expect to come out with fans, and people saying such positive things is amazing. Asks people to be nice to everyone including the other HG's, that no one deserves hate.

Share Post

2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Tyler did an interview with Reality Recaps today it was live- you can rewatch apparently if you are a You Now subscriber- but they will have it up on their site by tomorrow. But I found this rundown on another website. 

And this is what I really wanted to hear from Tyler, so I'm happy for this recap.

Share Post

said whoever evicted him would have determined who he voted for if he got cut at final 3

What does he mean by this? Like he would have voted for the person who evicted him? 

Share Post

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

What does he mean by this? Like he would have voted for the person who evicted him? 

Not sure- I just watched it before. He doesn’t specify. I guess it could go either way. 

Share Post

Tyler Interview if anyone wants to see the whole thing- since I put the snippets above. 

Watched it this morning- I thought it was pretty good. He was honest in regards to things he made mistakes on I thought. I do think he isn't giving himself enough credit for his game- even though he did make some mistakes. It was still one of the best in the house. 

Share Post

On 10/16/2018 at 10:48 AM, Nashville said:

Looking closer at that photo, I’m pretty sure Elena would’ve drawn a flag for pass interference - check out her left hand....  ;>

At my friends wedding I totally reach over a little girls head to grab the bouquet away from her. #notashamed.  #alsostillsingle.

On 10/17/2018 at 7:33 AM, RandomWatcher said:

For anyone who  watches Mtv's The Challenge: Da'Vonne, Josea, Paulie and Natalie are returning for the next season and  Josh, the Nolan twins, and Morgan ((BBOTT) are also appearing.

blahhhhhhh. I saw Zach post about being on which I assumed was a joke but I was really hoping he wasn't joking. But wait... maybe I can't wait for Josh to get his ass kicked. He's going to cry so much when he gets in a house with those guys!!!

21 hours ago, Wings said:

Yes, I get that.  She now will have another girl seeking daddy's attention and get more being in the same household.  I think her mother has struggled with all of this, too.   My guess is that she suffers from unrequited love.  

Or perhaps it's just another little kid who really prefers to have either a brother or a sister.  It's not often when a kid is asked that they don't have a preference, most do! Cody's daughter lives close to his parents so she probably gets a lot of grandma and grandpa time.

Edited by gunderda.

Share Post

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Could cut either way; Tyler might spite-vote for the person who didn’t evict him, or he might vote for the person who did evict him in acknowledgment of the game move.

Share Post

57 minutes ago, gunderda said:

At my friends wedding I totally reach over a little girls head to grab the bouquet away from her. #notashamed.  #alsostillsingle.

blahhhhhhh. I saw Zach post about being on which I assumed was a joke but I was really hoping he wasn't joking. But wait... maybe I can't wait for Josh to get his ass kicked. He's going to cry so much when he gets in a house with those guys!!

I read that post, totally missed the mention of Josh. LOL! Josh on the challenge? They are going to stomp all over him, lol. Maybe he'll need to break out the pots and pans.

I can see Morgan doing well. Don't care about the Nolans.

That was a cool interview with Tyler. I know bad feelings don't often last outside of the house, but its nice that he's on good terms with JC and Kaitlyn. I admit to feeling a little post-show sympathy towards JC. He's got some issues.

Edited by CrazyDog.

Share Post

11 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Haha I figured this would eventually happen since they both live in Chicago. 

Share Post

A sneak peek of Tyler and Brett's Bold and the Beautiful appearance:

Dp5tatrW4AIEA_r.jpg

Share Post

I might watch. I feel like they're both gonna be super bad, which is always fun lol.

When does it air?

Share Post

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I might watch. I feel like they're both gonna be super bad, which is always fun lol.

When does it air?

Tuesday, I believe. 

I've only seen a couple of BB Alumni's appearances on this soap opera and they seem to all be pretty bad. Don't they really hammer in the BB references in their short minute scenes? It's just gonna be a whole lot of references to the two of them so I don't expect any gold coming from this. Though Brett's a decent performer so he might be able to make it less cringe worthy. 

Share Post

21 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Dp5tatrW4AIEA_r.jpg

Is that the same shirt he wore on finale night?

Share Post

54 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Is that the same shirt he wore on finale night?

Nope different one. The one on Finale had like faint stripes on it. 

Edited by SiobhanJW.

Share Post

11 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Awww I’m actually really happy for her! She wasn’t one of my favourites in the house, but I remember how sad she was about her guy not really supporting her BB dream. I’m glad it all worked out for her in the end. 

Share Post

RS is so pretty.

19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Though Brett's a decent performer so he might be able to make it less cringe worthy. 

I feel like he just makes it more cringey lol. He's way OTT. But that can be so hilarious. As long as the second-hand embarrassment doesn't creep in.

Edited by peachmangosteen.

Share Post

Congrats on Rockstar's engagement. In all seriousness, I am happy for her.

34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like he just makes it more cringey lol. He's way OTT. But that can be so hilarious. As long as the second-hand embarrassment doesn't creep in.

It definitely could go either way! I find most of the BB Alumni who go on BatB are very flat and not charismatic, especially when they have to deliver the worst forced lines. Brett might be able to add some life into them. 

Share Post

On 10/19/2018 at 6:46 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Dp5tatrW4AIEA_r.jpg

That looks like a picture of Angela in the background. (probably another BandB character)

Share Post

On 10/20/2018 at 9:05 AM, peachmangosteen said:

When does it air?

From this site:

The duo is scheduled to appear as themselves in the episode airing on Wednesday, Oct. 24.

And soaps.com:

Soaps.com has learned that Big Brother season 20 runner-up Tyler Crispen and fellow housemate Brett Robinson will appear in guest roles on Bold and the Beautiful on Wednesday October 24.

...but I have seen the Tuesday date mentioned as well in tweets:

https://twitter.com/acejordan23/status/1045410229603590144?s=21

...so I’m not sure WTF is going on.  At first glance I’d trust published articles over individual tweets, but YMMV.

ETA: Just checked the BatB episode descriptions on my cable box; according to Comcast,  the Tyler/Brett episode airs Wednesday.  And yeah, I’m recording it <heh> - some times it’s lame (example: last season), but there have been times (the BB16-featured episode with the “beach party” leaps to mind) when the result is HILARIOUS.  :>
Edited by Nashville. Reason: Expansion

Share Post

nvm - didn’t merge, dammit.

Edited by Nashville.

Share Post

2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Also,  in non bird form

Kevin :( Does anyone know what type of Cancer and what his prognosis is? So sad. 

Share Post

Kevin's getting a lot of support from the Big Brother/Survivor community.

Share Post

Pardon my french, but: cancer can go fuck itself. Poor Kevin. :(

Share Post

OK Mag is the kind of rag that published "Jennifer Aniston is expecting!!!" stories every time she ate a big lunch. In other words, they might eventually be right about something (much like a stopped clock), but I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Share Post

I'm home today, and the news is kind of depressing/scary, so I was pleased to notice that BOLD just started.  I've watched Brenchel, and Jessica do these gigs, and IMHO, Tyler was the most natural actor of the group, including Brett, who also wasn't bad.  Not that Daniel Day-Lewis or Denzel Washington need to be running scared.  

Share Post

Well, that “appearance” on “ The Bold and the Beautiful”  was pretty underwhelming. What acting was involved in that?  Is this really as little of a guest appearance the Big Brother cast get?

Share Post

2 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

Do these invites to Canada go to the more popular houseguests?  She's not happy that Winston/Brett are going and she's saying Rachel doesn't deserve to go (not sure if she's going haven't heard of anyone else going after the bros).

https://twitter.com/melbrown0/status/1054231976750862337

I've seen this discussion on a few BB Boards. I am not surprised that Brett was invited as he was in the top 3 of AFP, and my guess is Winston was invited by association as they were the "bros" or Brett said he would do it only with Winston. 

Rachel wasn't invited- she's the only "Level 6er" not going. Kaycee is doing her own event next week at these clubs next week.

I guess it is strange that there were 3 showmances and one of them wasn't invited- so I could see why people could see it as a race issue. But I'm not going to step into whether it is or isn't- that isn't my area. It could just be as easy as they wanted the Top 3 people in AFH and the winner- an the other 3 that came along are just strongly associated with the others. 

Edited by SiobhanJW.

Share Post

2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I've seen this discussion on a few BB Boards. I am not surprised that Brett was invited as he was in the top 3 of AFP, and my guess is Winston was invited by association as they were the "bros" or Brett said he would do it only with Winston. 

Rachel wasn't invited- she's the only "Level 6er" not going. Kaycee is doing her own event next week at these clubs next week.

I guess it is strange that there were 3 showmances and one of them wasn't invited- so I could see why people could see it as a race issue. But I'm not going to step into whether it is or isn't- that isn't my area. It could just be as easy as they wanted the Top 3 people in AFH and the winner- an the other 3 that came along are just strongly associated with the others. 

Yeah, I figure that the club that's hosting the BB Alumni only invited the objectively most popular houseguests....so Tyler (and Angela) because he was the most popular in this season, Haleigh (Fessy) and Brett (Winston) as well for top three for AFP. Swaggy/Bayleigh are a showmance and there may be plenty of people who like them but objectively, the club can't know what kind of draw they'd get, especially since the online backlash to the engagement during the finale was less than stellar, so they probably didn't choose to invite them. They may at some point, but it makes sense for them to not do it now. I'm pretty sure it has nothing (or very little) to do with race, like, I think, Ika was claiming, but more that the club can't rely on Twitter, the biggest Swayleigh fanbase, as a way to tell if they should be invited. Plus, Swaggy and Bayleigh have far less followers than the ones who were invited. Winston's on par with Swayleigh, and Bayleigh may have more followers online than Winston, but Winston's a package deal with Brett, nothing more. Winston would have never been invited on his own. 

Share Post

On 10/22/2018 at 9:29 PM, silverspoons said:

Kevin :( Does anyone know what type of Cancer and what his prognosis is? So sad. 

Prostate cancer.  He's having surgery on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Share Post

12 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Well, that “appearance” on “ The Bold and the Beautiful”  was pretty underwhelming. What acting was involved in that?

Agree.  That barely qualified as a walk-on; more like a walk-in/walk-out.

12 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Is this really as little of a guest appearance the Big Brother cast get?

Depends.  The BB16 shenanigans took up most of a BnB episode, including a tiki-bar-based “beach party” which included more than half the BB16 cast - and comedically speaking, it was pretty dern good.

Share Post

Legit, I was thinking to myself, "Self, I miss all the chatter from the BB section. You should mosey on over and see if there's a shred of a convo to cling to." I did and lo and behold, THIS THREAD.

So... yeah. If anyone is at all "aroo?" at getting a notification of likes for posts from two months ago *cough* @Nashville *cough* it would be because I was too dopey to realize before now that a thread like this would exist.

BUT I'M SO GLAD IT DOES.

Also, I totally got Tyler on that Buzzfeed quiz :P

Share Post

I hadn’t looked yet, but I was wondering what happened.  I hadn’t posted anything THAT good lately.  :D

Share Post

8 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

It started with McCrae as Gallagher and then it was all downhill from there.

This forum is the best. That is all.

Share Post