A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth

This is probably in my top three books of all time, I love it so much! I've actually lugged it around with me and read it three times! I am eager to chat with other people about it!

Share Post

OMG, this is going to be a mini-series? (A maxi-series?) It has been a long time since I read the book, but I remember getting to the end of this huge tome and still not wanting it to be over. It has everything—romance, coming of age, intrigue, politics, history, religion... It ticks all my boxes. 

Share Post

13 hours ago, ahisma said:

OMG, this is going to be a mini-series? (A maxi-series?)

Yes, a nine episode limited series from BBC with an all Asian cast, directed by Mira Nair, and adapted by Andrew Davies. 

Share Post

I adore Mira Nair and I'm expecting great things. I am positively giddy!

Share Post

I am cautiously optimistic but definitely look forward to seeing this. I absolutely loved this book and keep trying to get people to read it but they tend to be put off by the length (even though it’s divided into short, easily-digestble pieces). I love that this book has pretty much everything, and I appreciate how Seth was able to make me care about even the smallest things. Like bracelets. I wept over bracelets.

Share Post

I love this book and I too, am cautiously optimistic that in the hands of Mira Nair it will be treated with respect. Monsoon Wedding is one of my all time favorite movies. I actually met her once! Swoon. I'll have to read it one more time, to prepare!

Share Post