Jump to content

Season One Talk: aka formerly known as The Soup

I have to call foul.  The guy yelling at One Piece Man was named Seamus, which is an Irish name.  The aggro farmer was speaking with a Yorkshire accent

During what I will genteelly refer to as the elephant scene, I had to cover my eyes and thank my lucky stars that the dialog was in French.  I still ended up gagging without the visuals or the audio.

If one of those other panelists on the View-like show (on what I can only assume is a Christian network) were to snap and murder the passive-aggressive host, no jury in this land would convict.

2

Share Post


Link to post

I remember seeing someone else (Bear Grylls?) squeeze water out of elephant poop years ago so I thought I would be fine watching that clip but I was still trying not to gag. Blech!

1

Share Post


Link to post

“Heavy is the meathead who wears the balloon crown.” “Shark Tank, but with lower stakes and louder people... chairmooks of the board...” I love this show so, so much. 

And though we don’t get Vanderpump Rules, we do get Iyanla! (Actually that exercise didn’t seem all that bad, once you got past the initial silliness.)

That poop scene was nasty.

5 hours ago, starri said:

If one of those other panelists on the View-like show (on what I can only assume is a Christian network) were to snap and murder the passive-aggressive host, no jury in this land would convict.

 So of course I had to look this show up... it didn’t seem to have its own Facebook page, but I found the one for TCT and one of the latest posts quoted a Bible verse that said “Let all that you do be done in love.” Uh, I guess “alll” doesn’t include being a snarky son of a gun to your “friends”? “When do the *friends* show up?” indeed! Ouch! Those ladies are 100% gritting their teeth waiting for at least a small hunk o’ coal to hit Julie on the head.

Now, GET OUT OF ME GARDEN!

3

Share Post


Link to post
11 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Get out of me garden!!

I was just coming here to yell that. Run sheep, run! lol.

2

Share Post


Link to post

That guy wasn't Scottish, Joel. He sounded like he was from West Yorkshire, or possibly Lancashire. Still, his accent was more convincingly Scottish than the guy they had pretending to be him. Those on-set skits are definitely the worst part of this show. It's okay when he gets stars from other Netflix shows to appear, but when it's people I don't recognise in costumes, it just doesn't hit the funny bone. 

QVC seems like such a depressing channel, and a soulless place to work. I've never watched it, but any clips I've seen are of people who appear to be uniquely untalented and desperate.

But not as depressing at that thoroughly amateur looking show, Julie & Friends. Good grief, that was pathetic to watch. That woman had negative levels of charisma.

1

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

That guy wasn't Scottish, Joel. He sounded like he was from West Yorkshire, or possibly Lancashire. 

I found an article about him from when the clip first went viral. Definitely Yorkshire.  Also amusingly, the article said that his wife didn't know why he had to get so angry, because all she ever had to do to get them to move was to ask politely.

3

Share Post


Link to post

This has been such an nice way to wrap up the weekend for the past 13 weeks, I'm not sure how I feel about being able to binge it instead of making it into a ritual.

Still, I'll take more episodes if Netflix (ba-dong!) will allow Joel to keep using salty language.

[whisper]Farts[/whisper].

5

Share Post


Link to post
On 5/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, starri said:

This has been such an nice way to wrap up the weekend for the past 13 weeks, I'm not sure how I feel about being able to binge it instead of making it into a ritual.

Still, I'll take more episodes if Netflix (ba-dong!) will allow Joel to keep using salty language.

[whisper]Farts[/whisper].

I'm not sure about binging this show, either, since that means they're not exactly timely.  Even though they aren't pulling ALL their clips from that week's shows, there has been enough of them to make me feel like it's current.  If they film all of the episodes in advance, that means they're probably moving away from network tv and doing more internet?  Not sure.  I'll still watch, but it'll feel different. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I'm not sure about binging this show, either, since that means they're not exactly timely.  Even though they aren't pulling ALL their clips from that week's shows, there has been enough of them to make me feel like it's current.  If they film all of the episodes in advance, that means they're probably moving away from network tv and doing more internet?  Not sure.  I'll still watch, but it'll feel different. 

Does it matter if they are current or not. Most of the clips they play are for stuff I wouldn't normally watch anyways. Hell for all I know Joel could have been showing me 4 year old clips from Vanderpump Rules, this past season. But as long as they are funny I wouldn't care.

4

Share Post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Does it matter if they are current or not. Most of the clips they play are for stuff I wouldn't normally watch anyways. Hell for all I know Joel could have been showing me 4 year old clips from Vanderpump Rules, this past season. But as long as they are funny I wouldn't care.

Lol. Same. I think the only current show that I actually watched that they showed a clip was Survivor, so I guess you have a valid point. 

1

Share Post


Link to post

I’m just glad Vanderpump Rules is basically over for the season. Maybe The Not Soup will be back to weekly eps by the time it comes back :)

I do think this show drives viewers to the show it features. So maybe Netflix’s MO is to drive people to shows? Hmm.

1

Share Post


Link to post

My husband and I have decided to space them out.  It's just been too good a way to ease back into the work week.

That British tattoo show needs to be wiped of the face of the earth.

4

Share Post


Link to post

Part two of the first season has now dropped!

0

Share Post


Link to post

Watched them all. I just couldn’t help myself. It was funny, I just prefer the weekly drop as I have no willpower. 

4

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/15/2018 at 8:11 AM, starri said:

My husband and I have decided to space them out.  It's just been too good a way to ease back into the work week.

That British tattoo show needs to be wiped of the face of the earth.

And here I thought that the US was tops in trashy TV. Holy cow, that tattoo...that wasn't real. Right? I can't unsee that.

4

Share Post


Link to post

I love this show! I laugh so hard at every episode. Joel is hilarious. 

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 16/07/2018 at 6:59 PM, CrazyDog said:

And here I thought that the US was tops in trashy TV. Holy cow, that tattoo...that wasn't real. Right? I can't unsee that.

From now on anytime anyone talks about much smarter and classier British tv shows are, this clip will be the first thing i think of.

1

Share Post


Link to post

The Warsaw Shore guys were obviously doing the fusion dance from Dragonball Z.  Come on, show!  Do your research!  

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 7/22/2018 at 11:20 PM, Snapdragon said:

The Warsaw Shore guys were obviously doing the fusion dance from Dragonball Z.  Come on, show!  Do your research!  

I have noticed that with a few things, one example is when Joel was talking about Jozea from BB and the challenges. He called him Joe zay uh.  His name is pronounced Joe zay.  So that showed me that Joel definitely doesn't watch these shows.  Kind a nit pick i I know!  I mean, obviously who has the time to watch Allll of them, but get these little facts right.  Imo. 

Anyhoo, I do enjoy the show and liked seeing Gillian Jacobs. 

Joel's delivery is the best part of the jokes. 

0

Share Post


Link to post

I've only watched two so far. I liked it better when they came on weekly. I love both Gillian Jacobs and Justin Hartley so I enjoyed them and I see that Joe Manganiello is up next. He was pretty funny last time.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now