Who is your favorite character, besides Urkel?

I'm leaving Steve Urkel out of this, since I'm sure 95% of the people will say he's their favorite character. This also applies to any other character played by Jaleel White, such as Stefan and Myrtle.

For me, probably Eddie and his best friend Waldo. The episodes focusing on them are some of my favorites. They remind me of Kenan and Kel, before they became a thing.

Share Post

Harriet (I especially loved her relationship with both Carl and Rachel), and Carl were probably my favorites.  I also liked Waldo and Maxine, and equally loved them as a couple.

Edited by LadyChatts.

Share Post

I have to say Eddie, he felt like a real character that I could identify at that age. He had real issues, real friends, worked, had his problems with his parents and his siblings, but in the end. I felt like he was a realistic portrayal of a Chicago teen at that time. Even as the series went on, he moved onto things naturally from high school, to work, to college. He was progressing through the series. 

Edited by readster. Reason: in not it.

Share Post

I always thought Rachel was really funny (her silent reaction to Johnny Gill always makes me laugh), but I couldn't stand Richie. I liked Eddie in later seasons, but hated the stupider version of him in earlier seasons. 

Edited by Vanderboom.

Share Post

20 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I always thought Rachel was really funny (her silent reaction to Johnny Gill always makes me laugh), but I couldn't stand Richie. I liked Eddie in later seasons, but hated the stupider version of him in earlier seasons. 

Yeah and I think people said the same thing. I mean when he was working at the grocery store and people kept asking him: "How are your tomatoes?" He didn't get that was written on his shirt. Yet, flash ahead a few years to the fast food place as assistant manager and he had the business booming and made some great decisions moving Waldo to kitchen and Steve handling main drive through. Because it increased sales and kept Steven in an area he wouldn't blow up. Even college years Eddie was even above that. I think the writers were trying to play the naive son too much early on and then realized it wasn't really funny.

Share Post

Harriette is my favorite character on the show. She was consistent and didn't turn into a shrew like most tv sitcom wives.

Share Post