S01.E04: Episode 4/S01.E05: World Tells All 2018.02.22

4. Five couples remain, but only one will be champ.

5.A reunion of bachelors and bachelorettes who participated in "The Bachelor Winter Games."

Share Post

Okay, so Bibiana has spent more time with Jordan in two days than she did with Arie in all her time in Bachelorland. Yet she was all "I'm here to find love with Arie" and now she's not ready for a commitment with a guy who actually likes her? Okay then. She should have checked out the script for this franchise before she signed up. At least she pretty much sunk her chances at being b-ette, so thank you for that.

Share Post

21 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

At least she pretty much sunk her chances at being b-ette, so thank you for that.

I don’t think Bibiana was ever in the running for being cast as the lead. She was probably lucky to have been cast on this train wreck of a show. 

Share Post

Never mind I'm buzzed

Edited by phlebas.

Share Post

"Hi high school girl. You're the best singer in your school. You've just won the opportunity to sing in front of millions of people on live television!"

"Oh my god!! That's amazing news!! I'm so excited!! What song?"

"The Bachelor Winter Games Anthem for a bunch of reject fame whores who can't ice skate"

"?...?...?"

Share Post

13 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

"Hi high school girl. You're the best singer in your school. You've just won the opportunity to sing in front of millions of people on live television!"

"Oh my god!! That's amazing news!! I'm so excited!! What song?"

"The Bachelor Winter Games Anthem for a bunch of reject fame whores who can't ice skate"

"?...?...?"

"Young lady, why are you holding the mic up so high it hides your face from the camera?"

Share Post

55 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I don’t think Bibiana was ever in the running for being cast as the lead.

If you know who is, since you are sure Bibiana is not, do tell. We're all waiting to hear.

I thought the skating was fun and it made me laugh. It was so cool to see Tai and Randy again. I loved watching them in the Olympics, always rooted for them. Glad to see they are still around.

Edited by saber5055.

Share Post

How convenient Ashley I won, this keeps her in the Bachelor franchise and she seems to be one of their favorites.

Share Post

I really just wasted 8 hours of my life on this show? Well, what’s one  more hour? 

I actually think Courtney and Lily are an adorable couple. 

What was up with Bibiana tonight?!

Edited by nutty1.

Share Post

4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Luke is squirming because he doesn't want his good guy image ruined

Well, how's that good guy image going for you, Luke?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

What a dickweed.

Share Post

You are busted Luke! Now we see your true colors. What an ass.

Share Post

I remember there was a chance Luke was being considered for the Bachelor a few years back. Aren't we lucky that didn't happen!

Absolutely love Courtney and Lily, they're so normal. 

I was not expecting Ashley and Kevin to make it after the show. Good for them. 

Share Post

It seems like this was filmed months ago (with some of the couples traveling together). All that time and THAT was the best excuse Luke could come up with? How do you not think of something better to say? You can always blame it on the distance. 

Share Post

1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

All that time and THAT was the best excuse Luke could come up with? How do you not think of something better to say?

I have always though he was dull

Share Post

9 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I was not expecting Ashley and Kevin to make it after the show. Good for them. 

Yeah, this is the shocker of the show IMO. I've never liked Ashley, but Kevin is really a "great guy" (TM Bachelor) which makes me kinda sorta like Ashley. Go figure. Kevin gets an A+++ from me.

Meanwhile, I love Courtney and Lily. They're the Winter Games winners in my book.

OMG, Clare is getting MY Benoit!

Edited by saber5055.

Share Post

I liked Benoit since I first “met” him.  I always like the quirky ones. 

Share Post

TG Clare and Benoit made it back together and for keeps. I couldn't believe she was confused by the likes of Christian to send him away to begin with.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Dammit show, you made me cry.

I know. I think it thawed a little bit of my cold dead heart. 

Share Post

OMG, other than Luke, this was a really feel good night. Maybe they need international contestants every season. These were genuinely nice people. Damn you Bachelor, for making me teary eyed. My night would be made if I heard Jordan will be on BIP. 

Edited by nutty1.

Share Post

20 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Boy the show just ran the bus over Luke with that off camera footage. Best thing I’ve seen in the entire Winter Games. Lol douche

Thank you show for that. So glad she didn't go to the fantasy suite with him. That would have made it even harder. 

Share Post

I've always had a soft spot for Clare. Hope this is the happy ending she wanted. Hope they adopt a pet raccoon and live happily ever after.

Share Post

OMG!! I seriously teared up!! 

Well there goes my trip to Canada! LOL! 

Congrats to them!

Share Post

1 minute ago, nutty1 said:

OMG, other than Luke, this was a really feel good night. Maybe they need international contestants every season. These were genuinely nice people. Damn you Bachelor, for making me teary eyed. My night would be made if I heard Jordan will be on BIP. 

It seems like crazy, fame whoredom is specific to the US brand. Even Jordan seemed like a genuine guy, after they tried to present him as the villain. I do wonder about Kevin and Ashley I. She's pretty into the reality/pop culture scene. Even if it's not on the Bachelor I wonder if she can really escape the cameras? I can't really see Kevin enjoying LA/Hollywood. 

Good job, Clare. Don't screw this one up ;)

Share Post

It says something when Dean, who had a pretty bad reunion interview with Kristina and Danielle, said Luke's defense was the worst he's ever seen.😂

Share Post

Just now, Llama said:

Well there goes my trip to Canada!

You can still go!

If Benoit and Kevin are the Canadian man standard, why didn't I know this before now? I'm packing my bags now.

Share Post

Wow.  Best after show EVER.   Agree with everyone. Love Courtney and Lily.  That cross country trip was a great idea....great way to test things.    Got something in my eye when Benoit proposed.  And I think the other two couples have a chance...at least a good a chance as other couples...unlike most Bachelor couples where the betting on how long they will last starts at the proposal.  

And Luke...ha ha ha.  

Share Post

{Tuned in 25 minutes late}

Bibi is freaking out and thinks Jordan needs some answers, but I don’t know what is happening. I assume he’s talking about a long-distance relationship? I don’t know why she’s crying and going home NOW. Are they being forced into a “90-Day Fiancé” spin-off the next day? Considering both of these series have more spin-offs than Law and Order and CSI combined, chances are pretty high that “90-Day Bachelor” is in the works.

Oh, no, it turns out they just had to ICE SKATE the next day! Jeez, Bibi, Nancy Kerrigan wasn’t this hysterical when Tonya Harding had her kneecap smashed. Tonya gets a Golden Globe (Oscar??) award-nominated movie portrayal and poor Nancy gets to teach some Bachelor rejects how to figure skate. This is basically the same comeback story...right?

Harrison swoops into the living room surprised that hardly anyone is left, but there’s a HUGE pile of parkas on the back of the couch! I’m going to assume this is where the producers dumped all the coats after stripping them off the quitters and rejects and booting them out into the blizzard, sometimes in the stark of night.

I kind of missed most of Lesley/Dean and Stassi/Luke’s dates, but did I hear Dean actually call Lesley his girlfriend?? And the last part I heard with Luke, he seems to have strong feelings for Stassi.

Courtney and Lily are falling in love. And even more shocking, they have a pile of empty, dirty dishes and napkins in front of them! They actually eat on international Bachelor dinner dates!

Ashley and Kevin have some nibbles out of their bread and cheese. And, somehow I thought there would be some sort of pomp and circumstance surrounding Ashley’s “deflowering” after years of build-up. I would say thankfully we’ll never have to hear about it again, but I’m sure we’ll get a full color commentary during the reunion show—and they’ll probably make her the “Nancy Kerrigan of Fantasy Suites” and bring her in to give advice right before the big dates, like this show is wont to do with members of Bachelor Family. Wait, what? Ashley is keeping the details to herself?? Well, good for her; I didn’t think the show would allow that after Sean and Catherine’s “Consummation Station” countdown clock during their wedding with overdubbed train whistles and jungle animal noises! 

Courtney and Lily for the gold! That was an Amazing Journey across the ice! And yet Dean says, “I still think we’re the team to beat.” Shut up, Dean; no you’re not. Nobody puts Courtney and Lily in the corner! Ok, Stassi and Luke did a great job, too. “Ashley don’t give XitX up” hahaha. Another good job.

Oh, FOR SURE now that Ashley is Bachelor WORLD we’re never going to be rid of her.

“Lord please give me the strength of Ashley I’s mascara!” Love!!! 

Courtney and Lily’s Amazing RV Journey was the greatest piece of cinematography ever seen in Bachelor History (well, second behind the Ryan Putz re-enactment jumping off the balcony and breaking his legs). These two are just too sweet! They spent Christmas together! They just up and moved to LA! Um, guess since they’re white “immigration reform” doesn’t apply to them, but back to the show...

There is a shocked reindeer in the audience during Dean’s “proposal.” I could tell it was a fake-out. Well, mainly because the previews showed him on one knee and the close-up on the ring, so they wouldn’t have done all that unless someone ELSE is getting engaged...or Neil Lane happened to stop by because he was mortified by those shoddily gold-dipped roses that Ashley and Kevin received for becoming Bachelor World couple.

Luke is Wrong Reasons, and Stassi just solidified herself in the running for Bachelorette in ANY country. If Harrison is convinced that the world has been rooting for Ashley I to find love more than anyone, well Bachelor World’s heart breaks for Stassi. Sure, it’s a long shot that it would work long distance but he didn’t even talk to her?! She must have been unconscious when he broke up with her. Ha.

Glad to see all of these other couples are still together, though. Each one made me happier to see than the last. And, god damnit, my little Wrong Reasons heart just grew three sizes too big and Benoit and Clare just put me over the top to being a Right Reasons viewer! ALL of these seasons of Bachelor and Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad and Bachelor in Paradise, but it’s Bachelor freakin’ Winter Games that turned me Right Reasons!

Share Post

Bravo JenE4. You brought it all ... the heartbreak, the tears, the hugs, the happiness. Best.Post.Ever!

And I agree, this stupid Winter Games ended up being the best of all the seasons and all the spin offs, and the reunion show will never be topped.

Go figure ... who knew?

Share Post

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Okay, so Bibiana has spent more time with Jordan in two days than she did with Arie in all her time in Bachelorland. Yet she was all "I'm here to find love with Arie" and now she's not ready for a commitment with a guy who actually likes her? Okay then. She should have checked out the script for this franchise before she signed up.

I don't know if it was editing or what, but it seemed like a sudden 180 from her. Why couldn't she have told Jordan that they could keep talking long-distance, potentially visit each other, and take it from there? It didn't sound like Jordan was asking for a lifetime commitment that very second.

1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

How convenient Ashley I won, this keeps her in the Bachelor franchise and she seems to be one of their favorites.

Mark my words, if Ashley and Kevin decide to get married, TPTB will be throwing money at them to televise the wedding.

52 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I love it that Luke got booed at the aftershow *snicker* I read he already had a girlfriend.

He's such a loser. Stassi dodged a bullet, and she must be so happy now that she stuck to her values and didn't go to the F-Suite with him. I loved her sassy comebacks - "was I alive for that?"

I have a bad feeling about Clare and Benoit. I'll be happy if they prove me wrong, but they were completely over the top after only two months of long-distance dating. I predict they'll fizzle out within the next six months.

Edited by chocolatine.

Share Post

Yeah JenE4, I've loved all your recaps but this one takes the cake. And agree with everyone, who'd have thunk it with the BWG reunion show!

Share Post

17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

You can still go!

If Benoit and Kevin are the Canadian man standard, why didn't I know this before now? I'm packing my bags now.

Canadiens and Australians (and probably Kiwis) are awesome. Go to Vancouver in the summer and you'll love every minute of it. 

Share Post

12 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Mark my words, if Ashley and Kevin decide to get married, TPTB will be throwing money at them to televise the wedding.

Oh, thanks for bringing my depression back Chocolatine. You are so absolutely right about that. We'll never be rid of Ashley.

Share Post

Courtney and Lily are just lovely people.  They both radiate sunshine. ☀️

Eew, Luke. You suck. 

Edited by woodscommaelle.

Share Post

Looking back I think about Luke and Stassi's kiss in the kissing contest. She kissed him and was so tender and sweet. Luke acted stiff and more worried about what JoJo was going to think. Yes it was a long shot but dude couldn't even give her a call to say it wasn't going to work. Nothing? I think he was in it just for the money and fame.

I think Bibiana just wanted to be coupled with someone in hindsight but got cold feet when she saw Jordan was serious. I felt sorry for him the way she totally overreacted to just a discussion. 

Courtney and Lily were my favorites. They just seem really down to earth and real. I think they have a better shot of going the distance than most of the couples that come out of this franchise. How cool that they are moving here. Best of luck to them.

ETA: Oh yeah how could I forget Clare and Benoit? Let me add my congrats and really hope that she realizes what she has in him. 

Edited by yorklee2.

Share Post

TPTB, please throw money at Courtney and Lily--I would watch their wedding for sure!  Bet it would be a blast!

Share Post

Holy crap Bibi had a crazy bawling reaction to Jordan wanting to see her after the show. It felt a little extreme for what they talked about. I think she was done when he didn’t follow her directions at dance practice. She got mad quickly. However when he started doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen to deal with the stress I suddenly found him much hotter than I had before. 

I think Kevin sounds kind of like Yogi Bear. I find myself imagining him as a cartoon and then I picture a cartoon Ashley with Jessica Rabbit makeup crying next to him. Even as someone who cries easily and is an admitted social crier I find myself tired of her tears. In the oddest way I feel like Ashley is smart girl dumb, if that makes any sense. I don’t think she’s dumb but around a boy she turns dumb. Not that Kevin seems like he’d notice. 

Without fail I feel icky listening to the discussion about the fantasy suite. Talk about a next chapter or spending quality time together all you want but we all know it’s sex. Watching two people decide whether to sleep together or not always feels voyeuristic to me. 

Did Luke pull a Kasey and pledge to guard and protect her heart? That takes me back! 

Courtney and Lily are stinking adorable. I’m glad we got to finally see more than 30 seconds of them. I know it’s TV and editing and all that stuff, but I felt a right reasons tingle for moment. 

The figure skating bored me. I appreciated Lily and Courtney’s more fun themed routine than trying to sell the hot connection. But I knew Ashley and Kevin would win Ashley has somehow been declared America’s (deflowered) Virgin.

Going to watch the tell all now... 

Share Post

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

If you know who is, since you are sure Bibiana is not, do tell. We're all waiting to hear.

I thought the skating was fun and it made me laugh. It was so cool to see Tai and Randy again. I loved watching them in the Olympics, always rooted for them. Glad to see they are still around.

Bibiana left in Week 3.  Since this show started recycling contestants, the leads have almost always been chosen from people who made it to hometown dates.  Juan Pablo was an exception as an early boot who was chosen as a lead, and his season was pretty much considered to be a disaster.

Share Post

I *loved* that 2 of the 4 couples chose to "forego the fantasy suite".  

Oh, Luke. You had me fooled with the comforting, supportive "you will do this on your own terms" and "she's comfortable in her own skin" lines. I even wanted you as The Bachelor instead of Nick. What a creep. Let's hope the Bachelor franchise never calls *him*, though we all know that won't happen. They love redemption stories.

I feel like Bibiana is going to be a Bachelor mainstay. She fits in a little too well. The overreaction, the inappropriate outfits, the lack of self-awareness. 

I want a Lily and Courtney spinoff. 

Yeah, happy tears were shed for Clare. She was right reasons all along.

Did the Bachelor franchise really take up 7 hours of prime time programming this week? 

Share Post

17 minutes ago, kazza said:

Did the Bachelor franchise really take up 7 hours of prime time programming this week? 

If you consider the coming Sunday - when the WTA is supposed to air -  part of this week, then it's going to be nine hours.

Share Post

I love Lily and Courtney, and she looks great with her hair down actually even though it's clearly not her style. They seem really down to earth and totally into each other. The cross-country RV trip was I think more romantic/good news than Claire and Benoit!

Oh and welcome to Your Life With Dean where everything 'serious' is made to be a joke. Enjoy your key.

Add another to the tally of people shocked Ashley didn't make Kevin run screaming. Yet.

I think the key to this show "working" as opposed to the grand train wreck that was this past summer's BiP was that there were some real people that actually were there to meet someone; or at least talk to someone of the opposite sex instead of just broing down in the jacuzzi.

Share Post

Watched the Tell All...

The reindeer is the audience was awesome! Overall this has such a more pleasant vibe than the Women/Men Tell All shows. I cry a little even at the meaner vibed shows but this made me really cry. 

I find Lily and Courtney adorable and loved their trip footage. But how do people just pick up and move around the world? It sounded so easy. I can’t move across town without weeks of planning and much drama. I hope they make it! 

I’m surprised Dean and Lesley are still together and seem happy. Who knows? Maybe it’ll work. I loved Christen’s look when he thought Dean was going to propose. 

I’ve been neutral about Luke and (unpopular opinion) I still am. Maybe I missed stuff but I never got the feeling he and Stassi were serious. I thought, Clare, that for most people it was about Instagram followers. I felt a bit bad for Stassi, but as a wrong reasons viewer it didn’t really bug me.

Ashley and Kevin... I’m so over her. Can she move to Canada and fade out of the bachelor world. Please? Her eyelashes make my eyes tired just looking at them. I’m glad they’re keeping their sex life private but I have a sneaking suspicion Ashley would’ve been willing to do some talking. 

Clare, oh Clare. I’ve always liked her for some reason. I hope this has a chance. I don’t really understand how it all happened but Benoit seemed to be sure after just a few days so maybe he knew. I hope she doesn’t end up hurting him. Watching her montage made me realize that I’ll never hesr the word jacuzzi without thinking Date! 

ETA:  I was just thinking about the fact that the contestants weren’t having alcohol pushed on them constantly. That’s unusual for this franchise. I wonder if that’s part of the reason why people seemed more mellow overall, and more pleasant. 

Edited by ramble.

Share Post