The Gilded Age of Anticipation

I had no idea this found a home but I am so excited! I love this type of show.

Share Post

This is NBC's first 2018-2019 series pickup. It'll debut in 2019 with a 10 episode order. No other announcements except Julian Fellowes writing/show running.  Source: Hollywood Reporter.

Share Post

I am really concerned about this being on NBC. Downtown did great for PBS in terms of ratings, but it seems like it's the lower level of  what a network will tolerate. I thought NBC was buying the show to put on one of thier cable outlets where high presitage and low ratings can co-exist and are often the norm. Network is all about the numbers and if a show isn't bringing in the numbers, they will cancel it.

That being said, I am looking forward to the show and hoping we'll have many wonderful seasons to enjoy.  

Share Post

Who knows by the time it’s done could land anywhere 

have been talking about this since ‘12

Share Post

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Who knows by the time it’s done could land anywhere 

That's what I'm thinking. NBC is developing it, but it's going to end up on cable. This just seems like more of a cable show than a network show. 

Share Post

I wonder why he chose 1882 to start? I mean Mark Twain had coined the term well before then, in 1871. I guess it's a prequel to Downton Abby, as in that one the main character was an American.

Share Post

I'm sure I'll enjoy the costumes and the houses but I'll be shocked if there is any Whartonesque commentary on society.

Which I would be there for.

Share Post