F.B.I. in the Media

On 2/1/2018 at 7:19 AM, paigow said:

Assistant Director Goren??? 

Oh, I think character last names were clever in Wolf's world. Looking at L&O franchise credits, they were often taken from staff. One of the directors was Norberto Barba (the last name of the ADA on SVU) and another staffer was named Leslie Gyson (which was the name of Goren's shrink in S10 of CI), as just two examples. But I believe there may have been more.

Now, he's recycling instead! And, for the record, Bobby Goren wasn't the first time the name was used in the franchise. I recall either a victim or perp having the last name on The Mothership at one time. Think it was the early Greene/Briscoe era. Another was on SVU in S2, where the perp had the last name, a kid that killed his pedophile guardian.

ETA: Or are you referring to Goren from CI, somehow? Because I can't find any character names for this yet! But I'm dense, so...  :-)

Share Post

A.D. Robert "Bobby" Goren... If Stone Jr. is possible, Goren encore un fois

Share Post

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I really don't know were to put this, so I will ask it here.

Is this supposed to be a remake of the 1960's series?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_F.B.I._(TV_series)

Given how many old shows seem to be making a come back, I just thought I would ask.

I don't think so, but I could be wrong! (I mean, there's the current Hawaii 5-0 and S.W.A.T, so hard to tell.)

Share Post

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Dick Wolf must be tired of Chicago....

Well, its ratings - the whole franchise - have slipped. I don't think it'll have the longevity of the L&O franchise...

Share Post

Looks like Jeremy Sisto liked working with Dick Wolf and Company during Law & Order, as he has signed on to this show!

Share Post

I'm in despite the trailer using the slowest most depressing song ever. 

Share Post

I will let my love of Jeremy Sisto overcome my dislike of Missy Peregrym and give this a shot.

Share Post

On 8/19/2018 at 10:15 PM, shapeshifter said:

Tuesday, September 25, 9/8 CT premier date (https://mobile.twitter.com/fbicbs ), and it's now FBI instead of the "working title" of F.B.I. —maybe some legal hurdles crossed?

And no offense to Connie Nielsen, but I prefer Sela Ward (https://deadline.com/2018/07/fbi-sela-ward-cast-cbs-series-dick-wolf-recasting-connie-nielsen-1202432136/ ).

Even though that was my first time seeing Connie Nielsen, I thought she was okay. I do like Sela Ward and hope she will make things better. 

Share Post

One thing you can say for Dick Wolf: He seems to stick with many who have worked for him. Haas, of course, works/worked on Chicago Fire, and Rick Eid, as well as part of the Chicago franchise, also worked on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Not sure about the L&O Mothership, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Share Post

22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

One thing you can say for Dick Wolf: He seems to stick with many who have worked for him. Haas, of course, works/worked on Chicago Fire, and Rick Eid, as well as part of the Chicago franchise, also worked on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Not sure about the L&O Mothership, but I wouldn't doubt it.

NOOOOOOOOOOO. Doesn't sound good for this show for sure. 

Share Post

This is terrible news, Rick Eid is one of the worst showrunners ever, he was in charge for the god awful season 18 of SVU, then he got sent to Chicago PD and wrecked that show, he was also one of the head writers of season 17 of the original L&O which was the worst season of that show. He’s a disaster and he could very well ruin this show. Just awful news.

Share Post

6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

This is terrible news, Rick Eid is one of the worst showrunners ever, he was in charge for the god awful season 18 of SVU, then he got sent to Chicago PD and wrecked that show, he was also one of the head writers of season 17 of the original L&O which was the worst season of that show. He’s a disaster and he could very well ruin this show. Just awful news.

Maybe this will be mitigated some, though, unlike before as I saw from the weekly BTS credits that Rene Balcer is also involved with this show. And he was involved with the L&O Mothership and the first five seasons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and he handled both shows well. Maybe he will/can help to rein in the worse tendencies of Rick Eid and Derek Haas.

Maybe? *Crosses fingers*

ETA: Well, IMDB says Balcer was a "Consulting Producer" for one episode. (Had to have been among what has aired as I remembered seeing his name pop up in the credits.) Maybe IMDB is wrong and he'll be around more. I hope so for the sake of the show.

Share Post