Season 2 All Episodes Thread: Mama Not Hot Enough For Individual Threads

9 minutes ago, newyawk said:

The cat was sprayed by a skunk. They were trying to wash the stink off. Does a skunk encounter really warrant a trip to the vet?

I missed that part. In that case, yes, a bath is warranted. Like I said:

17 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

If your cat stinks, and not because it got into something stinky, you need to take it to the vet.

Share Post

On 7/2/2018 at 12:18 PM, LocalGovt said:

Why did they blur out the burner covers on Jennifer and Sugar Bear's stove? They had roosters on them. But they were blurred out, as was the rooster on some wall art they had in the kitchen.

I thought it was hilarious when Pumpkin had the baby, and they we see footage of this 3-4 month old baby that they're passing off as a newborn.

My guess ... and this is strictly a guess ... is that the word "cock" was somehow involved.  Maybe not.

Ella Grace was actually born in December, 2017.  So she's 6 months old now.  Precious baby.  I hope they don't ruin her.

Share Post

I forgot this started up again, so I binged watched a few episodes yesterday, I will never get those 3 hours back -evah... poor Jellybean, makes me sad - but thankfully I saw that precious Ella Grace..how sweet.   Mama June could be a size 0 and she still would look like she got hit with a bag of nickels in the face. Her veneers are atrocious as well as her over processed hair. Geno's goiter looks like it will pop out an alien baby soon and Do Do thinks she is the responsible one, yet her teeth are just nasty, almost as bad as Shuggys.  

I wonder if Geno is going to bail with all this marriage talk, I would rather this be more about Mama Junes coupon-ing skills than this fake crap

Share Post

Let’s hope Alana seeing her old pageant gal pal and how she looked will be a wake up call . This episode i noticed how actually pretty Alana could be if she dropped the weight.  Pumpkin could be attractive as well and baby Ella is just the cutest thing ever!!  I’m so curious to see what Jennheifer will look like cuz she’s not a bad looking woman ( the slow eye blinks while she speaks are bizarre to me )  All i can think about when sugar bear is on screen is HOW BAD his mouth must S T I N K 🤢🤢🤑🤑🤮🤮

Share Post

I've not seen this show in years, all I've heard is how Mama June is now a size 4 but she's put on a "few pounds".  She weighs more than I do & I wear a 12.  

So, did the manager create a Mother/Daughter pageant for these 2? Is that why Alana is calling to recruit people?

Speaking of Alana,  I cannot get over how heavy she is.  No one controls what this child eats.  Regardless of how "grown up" Alana thinks she is, she is still a child. It grates on my nerves listening to her talk sometimes, she gets this arrogant, high class snobby tone. 

Does she have any friends?

Edited by alegtostandon.

Share Post

Does Alanah have some kind of reverse body dysmorphia? Alanah (HBB) thinks she looks good but when June said she needed to lose 25 pounds for her photoshoot, Alanah told her mom that she (June) actually could stand to lose 35 pounds. My daughter who is about the same age could not believe HBB (Alanah) would run around (on camera actually for public view) with short shorts and a too small tank top that rides up to show her big belly.

Jennifer actually thinks other overweight women are going to fall all over the toothless wonder Sugar Bear? They are really making Sugar Bear out to be a villian with him not wanting Jennifer to lose weight and being a deadbeat father to HBB.

Share Post

11 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

? They are really making Sugar Bear out to be a villian with him not wanting Jennifer to lose weight and being a deadbeat father to HBB.

The tv salary must be worth it to sugar bear to allow  himself to look like a deadbeat ( tho it’s all just fake). Are there really that many overweight women around who’d settle for toothless wonder SB ? Yuk🤢

Share Post

I’m so curious to see what Jennheifer will look like cuz she’s not a bad looking woman

I'm in a FB weight-loss group where people post before and after photos of themselves on their weight-loss journeys.  One woman at her heaviest looked exactly like Jennifer.  I had to look closely to assure myself it wasn't her.  That lady is a beautiful woman now.

Share Post

I was half expecting Geno to make a break for it out the bathroom window of that hotel room.  Between MJ in the tub, the camera crew, the fact that it was 2pm and every light in the room was turned on...oh and the freakin honeymoon suite, I can’t remember the last time I saw someone more uncomfortable.

Does Pumpkin actually understand what money is or how it works? Her boyfriend is uneducated and isn’t really qualified to do anything, how does she think he’s going to make the money they need for an expensive wedding and a stay at home mom for a few years?  Last I checked just demanding that your fiancé make more money doesn’t impart valuable job skills.  This is where MJ needs to be an actual parent and explain to Pumpkin that she wasn’t working 2 jobs because she loved it so much and part of being a parent is doing what needs to be done.

Share Post

23 minutes ago, rachel1496 said:

Does Pumpkin actually understand what money is or how it works? Her boyfriend is uneducated and isn’t really qualified to do anything, how does she think he’s going to make the money they need for an expensive wedding and a stay at home mom for a few years?  

Pumpkin is lazy, if I was her fiance I would be scared off from marrying her, but I realize he is benefiting financially from being on the show too.

Share Post

On 6/26/2018 at 7:28 AM, seniorpatriot said:

Wasit just me? But I swear when they showed newborn pics of Ella, no WAY was that baby a newborn, Holding her head up, smiling ? All of that looked more like a 6 month old. I guess producers of this show are thinking any of us who watch it must now be as stupid and ignorant as the cast of that show. Shoot, maybe they are right!

Nope, wasn't just you! They showed her a few times as maybe a couple of weeks old, but most of the time she's about 6 months old. I think she is the most adorable little thing. I love seeing her. Had to laugh at the scene in which Pumpkin tells Josh Ella has been cranky all day, whereupon Ella lets out a huge grin and laughs.

I always thought the bedroom takeover was scripted, and then I read that house has 4 bedrooms. Bingo!

Share Post

I don't want to give this show more thought than it deserves, but what am I missing re:  Sugar Bear and Alanna?  Why is June so adamant that SB should stay away from his daughter?  How is he neglectful, exactly?  Or is this all story line?  Just (very slightly) curious.

Anybody else get nervous watching Alanna with the baby?  While the interactions are sort of cute, I don't know that I'd trust Alanna to not hurt the baby accidentally, for example by dropping her or letting her swallow something she shouldn't. 

Share Post

9 hours ago, renatae said:

I always thought the bedroom takeover was scripted, and then I read that house has 4 bedrooms. Bingo!

Yep, they kept treating the house as a three bedroom, but they were using the fourth room for storage.  So it was all a planned move and they amped up the drama.

Share Post

17 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Pumpkin is lazy, if I was her fiance I would be scared off from marrying her, but I realize he is benefiting financially from being on the show too.

Pumpkin is very lazy and her fiancé should run with the baby. Granted they are both benifiting she is still being a lazy slob who does nothing but crap on him....  I doubt (my opinion) she is the one handling the baby. I don't see the baby laughing when she holds her at all. This family shouldn't have any pets nor babies in their household. Don't trust them at all.

Share Post

22 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

It grates on my nerves listening to her talk sometimes, she gets this arrogant, high class snobby tone. 

Alegtostandon, I could never in a million years use the term "high class" when describing any one of these people.  Arrogant ... yes.  Snobby ... yes.  High class ... absolutely not.  The whole family is, and always will be, white trash (no offense  to white  trash).  They may have money now, but money can't buy class.  But  I know what you're saying, alegtostandon

And for the record (if anyone is keeping records), I HATE HATE HATE when she does that "look at me, I'm better than shit" voice affectation, finger shake, head jerk, and those awful words that come out of her mouth.  I just want to slap the snot out of her, and I don't slap children.

22 hours ago, DNR said:

I’m so curious to see what Jennheifer will look like cuz she’s not a bad looking woman 🤢🤢🤑🤑🤮🤮

I must be watching a different show that you are, DNR.  I don't see it.

1 hour ago, Crucial said:

I doubt (my opinion) she is the one handling the baby. I don't see the baby laughing when she holds her at all. This family shouldn't have any pets nor babies in their household. Don't trust them at all.

I'm curious, Crucial, who do you think is handling the baby?  Are you thinking Josh or a Nanny or Mama June or somebody else?  That never occurred to me, but now I'll have to give it some thought.  I just hope Ella Grace doesn't become one of "them". 

Does Josh have any family?  I've never heard them mentioned.  I actually kinda like Josh.  He and Geno are the best of the whole group.

Yes, I know this is scripted, but I wish they wouldn't make Lauren be such a bitch to Josh.  She can be nice and sweet ... I've seen it ... but they're writing her to be extremely unlikable.  I know they eventually end up married; I've seen pictures.  I can't imagine that they're spend $50,000 though, no matter how much money they're making.

Speaking of which, does anybody know how much money this family has made/is making from this program?  I'm just really curious.

Oh, BTW, June's lingerie photo shoot left me speechless, and not in a good way.

All the above said ..... I can't wait until next Friday!  I'm a Boo Boo ho.

Share Post

On 7/6/2018 at 8:06 PM, DNR said:

I’m so curious to see what Jennheifer will look like cuz she’s not a bad looking woman

DNR - You are nicer than me, I see old lady hillbilly face when I look at Jennifer.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, CouchTater said:

Anybody else get nervous watching Alanna with the baby?

You're not alone, I am afraid she is going to accidentally hurt her

22 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I actually kinda like Josh.  He and Geno are the best of the whole group.

I agree, Josh and Geno are the comedy of the show.

Edited by Armchair Critic.

Share Post

On 7/7/2018 at 4:23 PM, slasherboy said:

I just want to slap the snot out of her, and I don't slap children.

Neither do I, but I'd make a (probably indictable) exception for that one.  

Share Post

On 7/7/2018 at 7:23 PM, slasherboy said:

I must be watching a different show that you are, DNR.  I don't see it.

Hahaha you’re probably right ! I’ve seen worse looking women than Jennheifer tho....MJ & sister DoeDoe might actually look worse than Jennheifer ( with the weight off, hair dye, makeup- i see potential 😂) 

On 7/8/2018 at 5:32 PM, Armchair Critic said:

DNR - You are nicer than me, I see old lady hillbilly face when I look at Jennifer.

I had to laugh when she said her goal weight was 200 lbs . Wonder if we will see another big reveal . Makeup can do miracles 😂

i must be watching too much My 600 lb life if i think Jennheifer looks okay ( some dr now patients are extremely hideous) 

Edited by DNR. Reason: Ninja edit

Share Post

I really think that they are doing Alana a disservice.  She's been raised without proper instruction and education on nutrition and manners. And, her mother was offered help on this multiple times before and REFUSED to accept it.  Why parents insist on ruining their children's health is beyond me. 

It's sad to watch Alana's bravado and I'm actually embarrassed for her. Her conduct is not that unusual for girls her age in the south though. I know quite a few her age and who are proud of their obesity and bare loads of skin in public, as if it's a great thing.  I'm not sure what the answer is, but, as long as her parents rely on the show to pay the bills, she'll probably continue on to more reality shows where she will continue to stand out and for all the wrong reasons.  

Share Post

A few years ago June and Alanna were on "The Doctors" and they did everything they could to help June help her daughter, to no avail.   They gave her a complete set of kitchen appliances and utensils and gave her the use of a chef who would come to her house and teach her how to cook nutritious meals.  She didn't accept their help.  They also gave Alanna a bicycle and helmet and encouraged her to ride it, to no avail.  I suspect Alanna will be a candidate for weight loss surgery in a reality show down the road.

Now this, and remember, you read it here first:

Lauren & Josh = Pumpkin & Squash

Yeah?  No?  It's something...

Share Post

I’d like to see an episode or series with Alana seeing a therapist . After she drops the act ( unless she’s just completely weird) then her and the doctor get real and explore what’s behind the weight besides the family’s poor eating habits. In this weeks episode, June & SB were going to a second mediation and Alana expressed yet again , that SB is her dad and she’d want regular visits but June put her personal hatred for SB above what Alana wants.  ( I’m sure this hatred between her parents causes emotional overeating ).  Kids can be mean so there’s probably bullying due to her weight and reality show star status. I would LOVE to see what Alana looks like with the weight off. (That FaceTime call with her old pageant buddy showed the drastic difference between the two girls)

Geno has mentioned he’s been married , does he have kids? 

Edited by DNR. Reason: Misspelled word

Share Post

IMO, having a child witness child custody mediation (with the parents fighting) is child abuse.  What kind of professional mediator would even allow it?   It is wrong on so many levels.  I can't watch that.  EVEN if it's staged for the show, it's not right to me.  I hope that wiser heads investigate, like those with CPS. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe.

Share Post

On 7/11/2018 at 8:56 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

What kind of professional mediator would even allow it?  

This show is so scripted the mediation was probably fake along with the rest of it but anyway... Jennifer should have been out in the waiting room with Geno, she had no business being in that mediation. Especially since she would love for Sugar Bear to be estranged from Alana so she can have him and his money to herself (for that illustrious honeymoon she keeps talking about).

Share Post

On 7/8/2018 at 4:32 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Well, first you have to ignore the ugly personality. Then you have to imagine a couple less chins. Then look at her eyes; they really are lovely. I figure when her mouth is not spewing some sort of nastiness, it might be attractive, too.

I hope all the nastiness from the other "contestants" is fake, because that was sad.

Share Post

12 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

This show is so scripted the mediation was probably fake along with the rest of it but anyway... Jennifer should have been out in the waiting room with Geno, she had no business being in that mediation. Especially since she would love for Sugar Bear to be estranged from Alana so she can have him and his money to herself (for that illustrious honeymoon she keeps talking about).

That may be right, but, the idea that adults would imitate a situation that simulates a real life issue with them is very ill conceived and haphazard for the child's welfare.  It's not the same as a child being an actor in a clearly fictional role, like playing Cinderella in a play, imo.  To me, instead of talking so much about how she loves her kids, why not show it in the way she conducts herself and treats them.  That speaks volumes, imo.  I'm not sure how much is due to low information and/or just don't give a damn. 

Share Post

13 hours ago, renatae said:

Well, first you have to ignore the ugly personality. Then you have to imagine a couple less chins. Then look at her eyes; they really are lovely. I figure when her mouth is not spewing some sort of nastiness, it might be attractive, too.

Well bless your heart for being nice about Jennifer. :) To me she looks like a prison matron from a bad movie. LOL. But hopefully her and Sugar Bear are just playing a part and aren't that terrible.

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

To me, instead of talking so much about how she loves her kids, why not show it in the way she conducts herself and treats them.

I agree, I will never trust June. She has been a poor example and they are trying to rehab her image of dating her kid's molester with this Geno storyline. I hope that Jessica is doing okay since we haven't seen her but the oldest daughter is screwed up, Pumpkin seem to be a grifter like June, and I worry how Alana will turn out since she seems desperate for love/attention.

But I guess I can't get on my high horse when I am watching their show. :) What can I say it's good Friday night viewing, it's something we have on in the background for laughs while we are eating supper or doing whatever.

Share Post

I believe Jessica recently graduated from college, so that's a real plus for her.  What have you heard that indicates Anna, the oldest daughter, is screwed up.  Last I heard she was married with 2 daughters.  How can you possibly eat supper while watching this?  You never know what you'll see!  Remember the gnats flying around June's forklift toe?  And sketti?  Alana actually stuck her nasty hands in the tub of margarine.  I know they're not doing that any more, but you never know.

Share Post

6 hours ago, slasherboy said:

What have you heard that indicates Anna, the oldest daughter, is screwed up.  Last I heard she was married with 2 daughters.  How can you possibly eat supper while watching this?

Sounds like Anna was neglected by June and was raised by her grandma. I haven't heard anything new about her but I think about how Anna said it hurt her to have her mom date her molester. Also I remember her trying to sell essential oils and talking about getting her own show thinking she could support herself that way, she just seems a bit dim and lost.

And yes the show can be disgusting, that's why I mainly keep it on in the background while doing other things. That way if I hear something interesting I can look closer while trying to avoid the gross things like HBB putting mayo in the tub.

Edited by Armchair Critic.

Share Post

I thought I read that Anna and her kids were separated from her husband and that they were living with Sugar Bear and Jennifer. Maybe it was only a temporary situation.

I hate to sound mean, but I think June has gained more than 30 lbs. It looks to be at least 50 to me. I've been on a medically supervised weight loss program since March and have lost 40 lbs, and looking at pictures of June before and now, and comparing them to myself (since we're the same height), it has to be more than 30. I know we all carry weight differently, but June also had plastic surgery after she lost the weight. 

I have to wonder if June and Geno will in fact get married. I do have to wonder why she wants this now, when in the past she never wanted to marry any of her boyfriends. 

Pumpkin and Josh did get married recently. 

Share Post

When I heard the blonde speak at the Mother/Daughter thing, I seriously thought she was trans. And as we say here in Kentucky, her daughter's face could stop an 8-day clock and throw it into reverse.

Share Post

The blond had the deepest voice I have heard on a woman. I agree the daughter looked blown up with fillers.

Share Post

I suspect that June's weight will fluctuate all over the place if she does not get a sound philosophy and reasonable plan for eating.  She and her family have always demonstrated such poor eating habits with a disdain for whole foods that actually offer something of nutritional value.  She's allowed or encouraged Alana to denigrate whole foods and gorge on garbage for years.  The health in a home with that kind of dynamic, can't be healthy for June or anyone else. She has so many opportunities.  I hope she uses them. 

Share Post

June eats road kill, remember. She has no idea how to eat healthy.

Share Post

1 hour ago, TGinKY said:

When I heard the blonde speak at the Mother/Daughter thing, I seriously thought she was trans. And as we say here in Kentucky, her daughter's face could stop an 8-day clock and throw it into reverse.

I had been skeptical about June and Alana being pageant material, but after seeing the other contestants it seems more believable because it looks like they have set the bar pretty low. With how scripted this all is though I have a feeling the other "contestants" have been hired by the show.

Share Post

I was only half paying attention.  Were they pretending to do "registration day"?  It's all by mail or even more usually online.  

Share Post

1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

I have a feeling the other "contestants" have been hired by the show.

Bingo!! This show is the fakest there is. Even that show “The Pageant Place” or whatever it was called with Kim Gravel, that place didn’t exist. 

Share Post

Good grief. That pageant mom Deb looks like she used to be a linebacker.  But she is probably the girl's father and transitioned.

I really adored Madison though, the girl with CP.  She is a doll.

Edited by newyawk.

Share Post

Yeah we know this whole show is scripted with bad acting but did i not hear them say the pageant was also to support anti-bullying ? And then the whole registration / photo shoot day is kids & moms bullying each other.   Still i watch this dumb show 😂

AlanaHBB has been a interesting character to me since she was HBB (she seems like she’d be a pretty girl at a normal weight , it’s tragic that MJ has let her blow up into morbid obesity) But this head shakin, finger snappin, weird drawl way of speaking is making me angry😂 i cannot stand it

Edited by DNR. Reason: Ninja edit

Share Post

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:35 AM, CarolMK said:

I have to wonder if June and Geno will in fact get married. I do have to wonder why she wants this now, when in the past she never wanted to marry any of her boyfriends. 

Pumpkin and Josh did get married recently. 

From what I remember, June never married before because she wanted to keep her welfare benefits.  She earned more being a "single mom".  Now she doesn't have a need for welfare.

It's weird on Pumpkins Instagram, it shows she's engaged to Josh.  Maybe she just hasn't updated her bio header on there.

20 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The blond had the deepest voice I have heard on a woman. I agree the daughter looked blown up with fillers.

That mom is the worst.  She was on that show Kim of Queens (pageant show) and she's strangely codependent on her daughter.  The dad is absent so the mom is always trying to create a mini-me in her daughter.

Share Post

I've never seen this show but I've been seeing a lot of commercials for it.  I have a question though...When does the "hot" part start?    When I see the commercials I don't see anything I would consider hot. 

Damn, Sugar Bear does like the big ones doesn't he? I saw his wife in the commercials. 

Are they trying to do anything about Alana's weight?  That poor kid has no neck.  Seeing her makes me really sad. I wonder if she's picked on at school. 

Who's baby am I seeing in the commercials? 

Share Post

9 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Who's baby am I seeing in the commercials? 

The baby is Pumpkin's and Josh's.

Share Post

Ratings for Friday:  829K viewers and a .26 rating.  It was the fourth ranked cable show of the day.

Share Post

Shuggys breath must smell like a backed up sewer, it is nasty as well as DoeDoe, guess dentists are not on the twice a year plan.  I agree with the poster up above, if anyone considers mama june hot, they must be blind - her wearing a tank top yet hasn't shaved in what looks to be months is gross. I find it hard to believe Geno is down with Sasquatch.   

Share Post

On 7/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, CouchTater said:

Anybody else get nervous watching Alanna with the baby?  

It's like watching that scene in Frankenstein when the monster is plucking flower petals with the little girl.  Y'all knew damn well that wasn't gonna end good for the kid.

Edited by Dr. Acula.

Share Post

On 7/15/2018 at 2:31 PM, Armchair Critic said:

I had been skeptical about June and Alana being pageant material, but after seeing the other contestants it seems more believable because it looks like they have set the bar pretty low. With how scripted this all is though I have a feeling the other "contestants" have been hired by the show.

It's the special olympics of pageants.  Look like they recruited contestants from the island of misfit toys.

Share Post

Once again I will use the disclaimer that I realize this show is heavily scripted, but if Sugar Bear really did screw up with Alana because of Jennifer putting doubt in his head that Alana wrote that letter herself, then Jennifer is one nasty piece of work.

Typical shyster June, she thinks slapping her name on some cheap products like a box of Little Debbie's is a good business move. I don't know anyone else in real life who admits to watching this dreck, and the people I talk to online like this place mostly watch it for the train wreck value. I doubt there are that many people who would buy something just because her name is on it. In fact for me if I saw something with her name on it I would figure it was some cheapo crap and avoid it.

That poor baby needs ear plugs the way the whole family yells around her.

And if they actually do live in that house, the backyards are close enough that I don't think her neighbors would put up with an old car being fixed back there and other junk all over the yard.

Share Post

They made it seem that the thought never entered SB's mind that HBB didn't write that letter and that Mama did. Jennifer had to plant the seed of doubt so she can save "I just want them to have time together and get along". She considers Alanna a big threat.

Edited by TGinKY.

Share Post

The longer Geno hangs around with June and her family, the more weight he gains. 

Share Post