The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale in the Media

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/01/joel-mchale-aziz-ansari-sexual-harassment-1201920336/

I am really looking forward to watching the show, because I am a huge Joel McHale fan and I had the pleasure of seeing him perform standup. However, I recently read some comments from him defending Aziz Ansari, and he lost a bit of his lustre to me. I think I agree with Samantha Bee, that ANY kind of bad behaviour is unacceptable.

This is becoming a little polarizing. We have men sexually harassing and assaulting women (or other men), then the media asks celebrities for their opinions and we then get reactions to those reactions too. I find myself now reacting to other people's reactions.

Share Post

And on a completely different note, an interview with Joel about a Netflix movie called A Futile and Stupid Gesture. It's a film about Doug Kenney, the tragic genius behind Caddyshack and Animal House. Kenney cowrote movies with Chevy Chase and Harold Ramis. Joel plays Chevy Chase. It does sound interesting, although I find with Will Forte, a little goes a long way. Forte actually plays Kenney.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvwq5m/joel-mchale-a-futile-and-stupid-gesture-interview

Share Post

Netflix released its first look at new series “The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale,” a weekly half-hour look at pop culture and news around the world. The streaming service also announced that the premiere episode, which will be released Feb. 18, will feature guests Kevin Hart, Alison Brie, Mike Colter, Paul Reiser, Jodie Sweetin and Jim Rash.  

From Variety.

Share Post

25 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Yay!

All 6 episodes all at once though? Hmm.

I wonder if it is a test to see if people watch right away. I plan on binge watching. I've missed The Soup quite a bit. 

Share Post

I guess how I was wondering it’ll work because I like when they make fun of recent clips of shows from the same week generally . So I guess the clips might feel a little outdated by the time they’re released.

Share Post

Yeah, what's with the 6 at once? 

Everything will be outdated. This is a topical show, it needs to be weekly. I guess for me, it's not the kind of show I would binge.

Share Post

On 5/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I guess how I was wondering it’ll work because I like when they make fun of recent clips of shows from the same week generally . So I guess the clips might feel a little outdated by the time they’re released.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:26 PM, ruby24 said:

Yeah, what's with the 6 at once? 

Everything will be outdated. This is a topical show, it needs to be weekly. I guess for me, it's not the kind of show I would binge.

This was my point I made when this was announced!  I'll watch it all right away because I love Joel, but the format is all wrong for this type of show. 

Share Post