Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aspyn's wedding was on the grounds at at La Caille restaurant in Sandy, Utah with the reception in their greenhouse according to Sharkerbaby (on another thread).

9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm also curious as to where it was, like Utah or Vegas. 

Edited by Kohola3. Reason: more info

Share Post

23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was surprised to see this!  Video taken at Aspen's wedding.  Man, Kody and Christine seem VERY happy and sincerely THRILLED about the wedding and the marriage.  I've never seen them that happy.  OH, and Kody wears a KILT!  

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/sister-wives-kody-and-christine-brown-celebrate-their-daughters-wedding/

I love how Kody’s favorite moment was one that involved HIM!  Of course!  Oh Kody, never change.  

Share Post

7 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I love how Kody’s favorite moment was one that involved HIM!

Shocker.  Narcissistic fool.

Share Post

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Honestly, I am curious as why this wedding was so different than the others.  I'm wondering if there was less drama, the bride and groom used good sense and that they were reasonable in their expectations.  I'm also curious as to where it was, like Utah or Vegas.  It looked like a perfect day whether wise. 

I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing this next season! Aspyn seems like a sweet girl, and I love the whole theme and color scheme of the wedding. 

I've been to weddings that "worked" and weddings that were just run-of-the-mill or tacky. This one seems like it was one of those special days that captured a bit of magic. 

Share Post

11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Honestly, I am curious as why this wedding was so different than the others.  I'm wondering if there was less drama, the bride and groom used good sense and that they were reasonable in their expectations.  I'm also curious as to where it was, like Utah or Vegas.  It looked like a perfect day whether wise. 

They look much more relaxed and happy!  Perhaps a wedding that looks planned based on the time of year and venue + fewer expensive craft projects = enjoyment.  

Edited by Soaper410.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Soaper410 said:

Perhaps a wedding that looks planned based on the time of year and venue + fewer expensive craft projects = enjoyment.  

Perhaps a bride and groom with two brains between them and no desire to be famewhores helps as well.

Share Post

14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Perhaps a bride and groom with two brains between them and no desire to be famewhores helps as well.

I don't know, if you are on a reality show and you get married, that does make for a nice story line. I am sure we will see Aspyn and Mitch's wedding on the show next season. 

The big problem with Mykelti and Tony's was that nobody really liked the over-the-top theme, all the ridiculously labor-intensive crafty elements, the inappropriateness of the wedding ceremony location with regard to the weather and, let's be honest, not too many people really like either of them. I don't particularly loathe either one, but they are definitely rough around the edges, and that wedding was not my cup of tea. It seemed like it was a very stressful time for everyone. Weddings come with a certain level of built-in stress as it is, so piling on a bunch of unnecessary elements always irks me. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

If you are on a reality show and you get married, that does make for a nice story line.

But they can choose not to be on the reality (well, semi-real) show.  They don't owe anyone a story line.  Their wedding, their decision.

Share Post

4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But they can choose not to be on the reality (well, semi-real) show.  They don't owe anyone a story line.  Their wedding, their decision.

Absolutely. I'm pretty positive that we will not be "attending" Logan and Michelle's wedding, lol! 

I just don't necessarily feel that it's a negative thing to choose to have your wedding shown as part of the show. I think the vitriol hurled at Mykelti and Tony had a lot more to do with the personalities involved, as well as the planning and execution, than it did simply because they showcased the wedding as a storyline.

Share Post

There are mature or sort of mature people who put on a relatively normal and respectable event and there are spoiled brats who put on a spectacle centered on childish wishes uncaring about other people.

Share Post

Whether or not to have your wedding filmed for the show could at least partially be a financial decision.  I know someone who is a TV personality in Canada and when she got married they gave exclusive photo rights to the Canadian version of People Magazine.  The couple was paid a pretty penny and their wedding cost them very little.  

Share Post

On 7/1/2018 at 9:35 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Honestly, I am curious as why this wedding was so different than the others.  I'm wondering if there was less drama, the bride and groom used good sense and that they were reasonable in their expectations.  I'm also curious as to where it was, like Utah or Vegas.  It looked like a perfect day weather (spell correction) wise. 

Share Post

Did Aspyn finish school, and if so, what did she major in?

Share Post