Jump to content

S07.E08: OH BABY 2018.01.15

Catelynn removes her birth control and doesn’t tell Tyler.

Farrah goes on a family vacation to Italy.

Ryan and Mackenzie have a joint bachelor and bachelorette party.

Maci learns Taylor is not invited to the wedding.

Amber finds out she is pregnant.

3

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, druzy said:

 

Catelynn removes her birth control and doesn’t tell Tyler.

 

Which is really common in healthy marriages...

24

Share Post


Link to post
10 hours ago, druzy said:

Catelynn removes her birth control and doesn’t tell Tyler.

Wait, what in the fuck? 

Um...not ok? 

Have you guys heard of "stealthing"-- when a person (usually a man, but I guess it could be anyone) removes a condom secretly during sex? It's being discussed now as one form of rape/sexual assault, and I think there have been some moves towards criminalizing it. 

I don't think this is EXACTLY the same for a couple of reasons, mostly that "stealthing" is generally understood to be done by a one night stand or fling whose sexual history/testing results you don't know, so could also lead to STDs, not just pregnancy...but really, in most ways, morally, it's exactly equivalent. 

If she truly did this and then slept with him, that is seriously disturbing and unethical and not something MTV should be laughing about. Yikes. 

Edited by Lm2162.
7

Share Post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Of course, Tyler DID tell her that he wanted to have another baby but that he didn't want to know about it or be a part of the planning. I generally agree with what you're saying-it's manipulative at best and downright scary at worst. But since this kind of ties in with his whole thing about wanting to be surprised by the pregnancy...

Personally, I don't think they need to have another one at all. 

Ohhhh. I missed that conversation. Or just don't remember it. 

I agree, I feel strongly that it shouldn't just be the woman's "job" to prevent pregnancy. Want 50% rights, take 50% responsibility. The way this was worded made me think they hadn't decided to have another child and she was purposely tricking him, so that's very different. 

I didn't catch the "he wanted to be surprised" thing. (Ugh. He's an adult. A baby isn't a surprise party or a video game console that Cate gifts you...it's a human? You really want to be surprised with a human?) That makes a lot more sense in terms of Tyler's overall entitlement complex and desire to be praised for doing precisely nothing except ejaculating. 

I will never understand these people. 

14

Share Post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Ohhhh. I missed that conversation. Or just don't remember it. 

I agree, I feel strongly that it shouldn't just be the woman's "job" to prevent pregnancy. Want 50% rights, take 50% responsibility. The way this was worded made me think they hadn't decided to have another child and she was purposely tricking him, so that's very different. 

I didn't catch the "he wanted to be surprised" thing. (Ugh. He's an adult. A baby isn't a surprise party or a video game console that Cate gifts you...it's a human? You really want to be surprised with a human?) That makes a lot more sense in terms of Tyler's overall entitlement complex and desire to be praised for doing precisely nothing except ejaculating. 

I will never understand these people. 

I believe that was in the first episode of this season. I'll go back and look. I remember us making fun of him, saying that he probably meant he didn't want to be a part of the pregnancy at ALL. As in, she should find a donor. 

11

Share Post


Link to post
Just now, mamadrama said:

I believe that was in the first episode of this season. I'll go back and look. I remember us making fun of him, saying that he probably meant he didn't want to be a part of the pregnancy at ALL. As in, she should find a donor. 

If someone I was partnered with was basically like "so I'll just screw you when I feel like it and you do all the charting, wondering, worrying, deciding and timing...sound good?" there is no way we would even be banging again, much less raising a kid. But Cate has always done whatever Tyler wanted. 

15

Share Post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

If someone I was partnered with was basically like "so I'll just screw you when I feel like it and you do all the charting, wondering, worrying, deciding and timing...sound good?" there is no way we would even be banging again, much less raising a kid. But Cate has always done whatever Tyler wanted. 

I'm right there with you sister. 

 

It was episode 2. @Linny commented and said:

"Tyler says he wants to be surprised by Cate's pregnancy, but really I think he'd actually like to be surprised by the conception. Like maybe it could happen with as little involvement from him as possible, that would be his ideal."

 

And @pheebs said:

"Tyler and Catelynn are terrible actors. His opining on wanting to be surprised was just agonizing to watch - "Hey, can you just get pregnant without me touching you? K thnx bye."

14

Share Post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I'm right there with you sister. 

 

It was episode 2. @Linny commented and said:

"Tyler says he wants to be surprised by Cate's pregnancy, but really I think he'd actually like to be surprised by the conception. Like maybe it could happen with as little involvement from him as possible, that would be his ideal."

 

And @pheebs said:

"Tyler and Catelynn are terrible actors. His opining on wanting to be surprised was just agonizing to watch - "Hey, can you just get pregnant without me touching you? K thnx bye."

Jesus. Why do we watch this again?!?! These folks are the worst. 

9

Share Post


Link to post

Cate and Tyler are like a train wreck...you can't help but look.

4

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm right there with you sister. 

 

It was episode 2. @Linny commented and said:

"Tyler says he wants to be surprised by Cate's pregnancy, but really I think he'd actually like to be surprised by the conception. Like maybe it could happen with as little involvement from him as possible, that would be his ideal."

 

And @pheebs said:

"Tyler and Catelynn are terrible actors. His opining on wanting to be surprised was just agonizing to watch - "Hey, can you just get pregnant without me touching you? K thnx bye."

Here's the scene

2

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Wait, what in the fuck? 

Um...not ok? 

Have you guys heard of "stealthing"-- when a person (usually a man, but I guess it could be anyone) removes a condom secretly during sex? It's being discussed now as one form of rape/sexual assault, and I think there have been some moves towards criminalizing it. 

I don't think this is EXACTLY the same for a couple of reasons, mostly that "stealthing" is generally understood to be done by a one night stand or fling whose sexual history/testing results you don't know, so could also lead to STDs, not just pregnancy...but really, in most ways, morally, it's exactly equivalent. 

If she truly did this and then slept with him, that is seriously disturbing and unethical and not something MTV should be laughing about. Yikes. 

I know a woman who did this. She and her husband had decided to be childfree, and their contraceptive method of choice were oral contraceptives. The wife started getting baby fever (her friends were having kids) and stopped taking her pills for over a month. No she never discussed any of her feelings with her husband, nor did she inform him she was not taking her pills. She figured if she got pregnant it was “fate” and they would discuss it then. 

The guilt got to her before she actually got pregnant and got back on the pill. (This as a few years ago). 

This makes me so happy I’m the uterus bearing person, because that was FOUL. 

 

But in this instance Catelynn and Tyler had talked about another kid, not had staunchly decided they were done having children. 

Often though if a couple is young with no health problems or fertility concerns doctors say to just throw away the contraceptives and have sex when you want- most likely you’ll be pregnant within the year. But of course Tyler isn’t sophisticated enough to articulate that. 

6

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Catelynn at doctor's office

Catelynn’s doctor gives her advice in case she decides to get pregnant again. 

OB/GYN didn’t tell her to lay off the marijuana and trips to Boogietown — she must not watch the show. 

10

Share Post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

OB/GYN didn’t tell her to lay off the marijuana and trips to Boogietown — she must not watch the show. 

That's because the patient isn't honest and not informing her doctor of her weed addiction and, what we know now, her alcohol addiction. Cate has a lot of addiction issues. Sounds like having babies is another form of self-medicating. 

I have a question regarding the money these fools pull in. I have never been an independent contractor and I am not clear about the deductions. We already know they don't have their taxes deducted at all in their paychecks, does that also mean they don't have the standard payroll deductions, too? Does this mean they are not contributing to their social security retirement? 

4

Share Post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

That's because the patient isn't honest and not informing her doctor of her weed addiction and, what we know now, her alcohol addiction. Cate has a lot of addiction issues. Sounds like having babies is another form of self-medicating. 

I have a question regarding the money these fools pull in. I have never been an independent contractor and I am not clear about the deductions. We already know they don't have their taxes deducted at all in their paychecks, does that also mean they don't have the standard payroll deductions, too? Does this mean they are not contributing to their social security retirement? 

The independent contractor question- if they are not filing their taxes as they should then no they are not contributing to SS. Many independent contractors are diligent and file taxes quarterly so they aren’t screwed over years down the line but we know what dipshits most of the TM crew are. 

10

Share Post


Link to post

You still pay those, it's just calculated when file your taxes.  Instead of you telling the IRS how much was withheld, the IRS tells you how much you owe.  Estimating and paying quarterly and then doing the worksheets at the end of the year is usually the best idea when dealing with larger earnings.  We only ever had smaller amounts of income on 1099 forms.  Maybe $3,000 at most.  With our small income, dependents, and deductions anything we owed (SS and Medicare) was just kept out of the estimated refund (because our income was low enough after deductions that we didn't actually federal taxes) and applied to the person's social security number that earned it.  

These girls would be doing themselves a favor to have an accountant that can estimate what they will owe next year and pay that amount when the check comes in, first thing.  Or splitting that amount in quarterly payments like business owners generally do.  This way they won't get hit with huge bills and penalties all at once.  I'm sure they have plenty of expenses they can write off to help with what they owe.  I'd rather pay an accountant to help me stay on top of things than pay an attorney to help me out of a huge hole of debt I dug for myself.

17

Share Post


Link to post

There was a time when some of the cast members had been in trouble with the IRS for non-payment. Leah, Kail, Maci, and I believe Gary at one time owed the IRS. Amber holds the crown for not paying at all. 

4

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

There was a time when some of the cast members had been in trouble with the IRS for non-payment. Leah, Kail, Maci, and I believe Gary at one time owed the IRS. Amber holds the crown for not paying at all. 

You know, I don’t think Janelle has ever been in trouble for taxes. Woah. 

5

Share Post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

If someone I was partnered with was basically like "so I'll just screw you when I feel like it and you do all the charting, wondering, worrying, deciding and timing...sound good?" there is no way we would even be banging again, much less raising a kid. But Cate has always done whatever Tyler wanted. 

If this is how he approaches the potential pregnancy, what's his plan when the actual kid exists?  Ugh, I hate him.

10

Share Post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Lady, get the fuck over yourself. My husband is paralyzed but we make "too much" (hint: it's not that much) for any sort of disability assistance for medical care, etc. We don't get a cent from the government and never have. We pay for a morning aide for him out of pocket--a full yearly salary-- so he can get to work every day, with zero help at all. And we have a baby and both work full time. These people make me sick! You can't get section 8?! Why the hell would Jenelle need section 8?!?!!! Why shouldn't she pay rent in full because she and the latest felon did it without a condom?!?!

I can already tell this thread isn't going to go well for me. I've already ranted twice. The TM girls (and Tyler) are starting to send me off the rails. Send help! 

Whatever you do, don't watch CNN. That documentary "Trophy" (big game hunting by rich assholes) is on. I swear, I want to punch the wall numerous times. I told my husband I need a shot of tequila or something to calm my fucking nerves down. I literally could hear my heart pounding. Effin' bastards!!!!

On topic: David hunts animals, too. How I wish someone would "accidentally" mistake him for Big Foot and Jenelle for a wild boar. 

17

Share Post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Lady, get the fuck over yourself. My husband is paralyzed but we make "too much" (hint: it's not that much) for any sort of disability assistance for medical care, etc. We don't get a cent from the government and never have. We pay for a morning aide for him out of pocket--a full yearly salary-- so he can get to work every day, with zero help at all. And we have a baby and both work full time. These people make me sick! You can't get section 8?! Why the hell would Jenelle need section 8?!?!!! Why shouldn't she pay rent in full because she and the latest felon did it without a condom?!?!

I can already tell this thread isn't going to go well for me. I've already ranted twice. The TM girls (and Tyler) are starting to send me off the rails. Send help! 

This is a prime example of why I want to chuck my tv out the window when these idiots talk about how “stressed” they are!

They wouldn’t know stress. Being paralyzed and needing an aide (that cost so much money) just to get ready for work sounds exhausting and that’s before he works his shift. A headache would make these fuckheads call in sick to work. 

Hugs to you and your family.

17

Share Post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

This is a prime example of why I want to chuck my tv out the window when these idiots talk about how “stressed” they are!

They wouldn’t know stress. Being paralyzed and needing an aide (that cost so much money) just to get ready for work sounds exhausting and that’s before he works his shift. A headache would make these fuckheads call in sick to work. 

Hugs to you and your family.

Thanks. And for the record-- he's very proud of getting through a law degree and a PhD and getting a full time teaching job, all while paralyzed and without any kind of social security, disability (technically if you can work you are "not disabled" by most legal definitions), etc., and while paying for aides and a very pricey wheelchair van he can drive himself. He doesn't mind. He's always taken care of himself. BUT--when I see this kind of whining from people like Jenelle who clearly just want to screw over the system and think they are somehow entitled because they screwed the latest convicted domestic abuser...it boils my blood. Get a job like Barb has done all her life while ACTUALLY struggling. And Amber: many people deal with depression or much worse and don't have the luxury of abandoning their children whenever they feel like it. 

I wonder if the show influenced their level of entitlement or if they would have been like this regardless?

Edited by Lm2162.
16

Share Post


Link to post

Definitely the show.  I think the entitlement would still have been there but Jenelle doesn't realize that scamming the system is a full time job.  It's work but without putting in the work, she would have been turned down for a lot of assistance.  Sure she would probably have medical insurance and WIC but getting free rent and enough money on an EBT card to cover food all month?  No.  Not with the revolving door of boyfriends and drugs to purchase, as well.  In Amber's case, I think gel (prison) just made her worse.  She was a star in there with Drew on call.  Now if the show hadn't been there when she got out?  Maybe things would have turned out differently.  She definitely would have had to put in some hard work or go right back to the hamster wheel of chasing the next high.  I just don't think she would have been all made up and sitting on her high horse, whining, while doing it.

7

Share Post


Link to post
Quote

If this is how he approaches the potential pregnancy, what's his plan when the actual kid exists?  Ugh, I hate him.

Tyler's plan is to drop the new baby off with Caitlyn's mom to raise while he pursues his famewhore dreams of becoming a business mogul running a trashy children's clothing line/ producing shows about reuniting adoptive children.  The only hope for this new kid is that Caitlyn and Tyler have enjoyed all their free time while Nova is in daycare, and seen Nova's daycare potty train her, so hopefully they will use some of the Teen Mom money to enroll their children in a high quality daycare full time.  Given Caitlyn and Tyler's upbringing, I could understand that they aren't capable of full time parenting, but I will never forgive them for not hiring caring, well qualified nannies or sending their children to good daycare since they have plenty of money for that.  Why they'd let Caitlyn's abusive mother raise Nova when they have the resources to hire caring, loving people to do that I will never understand.  They live in a community with a very low cost of living - with their MTV money they could afford good child care in an expensive city, but it can't possibly cost that much where they live! 

5

Share Post


Link to post
19 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I bet you Barb took care of that for her. Jenelle probably handed over her tax documents and said, "Here. I don't know what to do with this." 

Jenelle did rant about it when Nikkole from 16 & Pregnant tweeted to the fans to not fall for the so-called struggles the TM girls claim : 

https://www.inquisitr.com/4161117/jenelle-evans-seems-shocked-by-her-taxes-what-is-her-teen-mom-2-salary/

“Nikkole Paulun that’s not true at all actually. We struggle just as much as any moms,” Jenelle Evans wrote, according to a report by Wonderwall. “The richest parents in the world still have challenges raising their children. No one intentionally does this to be on TV and actually teenage pregnancy rate has dropped since this show has been on the air.”

Jenelle Evans continued, detailing her financial struggles and big tax bills.

“Yeah that’s true but we financially struggle as well.. everyone thinks our lives are just full of money,” she said. “We pay hundreds of thousands in taxes every year, we cannot get government assistance, if we go to school we pay in full and cannot get financial aid, can’t get WIC [federal support for low-income pregnant women and children], food stamps, section 8 (which makes us pay rent in full on top of water and electric), if your credit is bad like mine was then you cannot finance even a car for your family and take more money to buy a car in full.”

Awww poor Jenelley. She can't get government assistance! She is so fucking ridiculous. 

I'm impressed Jenelle knows what financial aid, Section 8 subsidized housing, WIC grants, and food stamps are.  It seems like none of these women realize they have to pay taxes until they get a huge bill for them.  

2

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Marisagf said:

I'm impressed Jenelle knows what financial aid, Section 8 subsidized housing, WIC grants, and food stamps are.  It seems like none of these women realize they have to pay taxes until they get a huge bill for them.  

She knew all about getting a check for going to school and living with Barb. In one episode, she went by Barb's house, barely looked at Jace and after yelling and arguing with her mom, she asked where her school check was at. Barb told her she sent it back because Jenelle didn't live there. Jenelle was fuming and raging because she "needed that money" which was during that time she was with Keefah. 

I am sure Jenelle knows plenty about all those programs because she had no clue TM was going to happen. All she knew was she was a teenager mother and she was going to need to be supported. I am sure a couple of her friends directed her to where she needed to go for help because they use the system. 

5

Share Post


Link to post

Make sure to visit the Amber thread today. She just attacked Gary and Kristina after seeing the screener for tonight’s episode. Amber deleted many of her Tweets but our quick buddies posted the screenshots. Check it out. 

18

Share Post


Link to post

I thought Maci moved out of that Frat House!

Another vacation for Amber so she can relax. 

A druggie removing a child's cast.

14

Share Post


Link to post

"I always get her something."  From the vacations you never bring your kid with you.

 

THE TRUTH!!  Catelynn wants to get pregnant to avoid working on the new house!

Also the TRUTH, that cut to Devil Farrah.

Edited by CofCinci.
17

Share Post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I dont have any kids so excuse my ignorance.  Is that how parenting works? Amber says she spends time "thinking" about the next time she's going to see Leah. 

Im sure kids love being THOUGHT about.

Yes that is how it works in Amberland. Your kid can read your mind.

Edited by druzy.
12

Share Post


Link to post

Cate wants to give the impression to the Teen Mom viewers that she has this hot sex life with Tyler...what a joke.... he's with her for the fame and money!   I'm sure she is praying the next kid is a boy...that may actually keep Tyler around awhile.

10

Share Post


Link to post

Ryan's eyes tell the tale unfortunately.

Oh here's April.  Haven't seen her for awhile.

14

Share Post


Link to post

I think Tyler has the hots for Cate's long lost friend.

10

Share Post


Link to post

Ha! Tyler wants it known he is NOT actively trying to make a baby w Cate. 

11

Share Post


Link to post

Man look at Catelynn's belly flopping over that seat belt. She's only 189lbs? 

14

Share Post


Link to post

So MTV is paying the tab for all these trips right?  Amber: I haven’t been this sick since I was pregnant with Leah. Why didn’t the producers ask her ‘ so are you pregnant’? It was kind of obvious. 

Catelynn should not be having another kid. But you can get pregnant if you are still smoking (cigarettes). Happened to me twice. 

That was a weird conversation between Mackenzie, her friends and Mimi. ‘Maci and  Taylor are invited to the wedding’. *crickets* . Nervous laughter. Mimi upsettingly chugging her drink. WTH? 

Edited by Straycat80.
17

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now