S01.E03: Episode 3 2017.10.24

Hoping to lie low for a few days, the pair breaks into a swanky home stocked with amenities - and a disturbing secret.

Share Post

My favorite thing about this episode was Alyssa telling Topher that she'd changed her mind and when he tried to guilt trip her into continuing, she told him to respect her decision and fuck off.

But man, things took a turn when the creepy professor got home. For a minute, I thought that James was just going to lie under the bed and do nothing so I was relieved when he stabbed him. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Share Post

I had that moment of wondering too if James would just lie there under the bed and let it happen.  Other than that initial punch to his dad's face, he's been so passively accepting of everything that's happened up to this point in the story.

Share Post

I agree. The only active decision he made up until that point was pretending to like Alyssa so that he could kill her. Everything else was him just going along with whatever she wanted to do, to the point where even she told him that he didn't have to do things just because other people wanted to (when they were outside the diner after that gross incident in the bathroom).

Share Post

I liked her mocking the name "Topher". And telling him where to go. 

That almost hand-hold was so sweet. 

Share Post

Well that took a turn.    

James's reaction to the whole thing is proof that he isn't really a psychopath.  Allysa I am not as sure of.  

Share Post

Yeah I don't buy that he's a psychopath or a sociopath, the more likely option is he's just traumatized by something in his backstory and he's shut down and trying to deal with it in a really messed up way.

He's had plenty of chances to kill her and he's not done it. I'm really hoping this isn't going to be a 'lover conquers mental illness' plot. It's looking bad so far. 

Share Post

On 2/10/2018 at 9:53 PM, wayne67 said:

Yeah I don't buy that he's a psychopath or a sociopath, the more likely option is he's just traumatized by something in his backstory and he's shut down and trying to deal with it in a really messed up way.

He's had plenty of chances to kill her and he's not done it. I'm really hoping this isn't going to be a 'lover conquers mental illness' plot. It's looking bad so far. 

So much this.

That said, does three in row count as binge watching?

As if it wasn't enough that I was 65% all in from the trailer, this ep featured Hank Williams. And not III, but The King (forget Jr., talent skipped a generation).

That's it.  If there was any hesitation before, it's gone, It may be the bottle of Pinot Grigio talking, but I'm down. 

Show, don't fail me now.

Share Post