Jump to content

9-1-1 Spoilers & Speculation

I hope this is okay to post one here for this show....

Edited by ESS.
0

Share Post


Link to post

Here's a new pic of Athena & a synopsis of 1x01: Pilot & 1x02: Let Go

 

 

 

0

Share Post


Link to post

Synopsis for 1x04: Worse Day Ever

 

0

Share Post


Link to post

episode synposis for 1x05: Point Of Origin

0

Share Post


Link to post

So... Kenneth Choi is surely a goner in the next episode, right?

0

Share Post


Link to post

I'm hoping Abby and Bobby are going to meet soon and hit it off.. they seem like a good match. 

0

Share Post


Link to post

synopsis for 1x06 Heartbreaker

 

 

Edited by ESS.
0

Share Post


Link to post

Ryan Murphy just gave an interview about what's to come for next season. 

  • Season 2 should be 16 episodes, but Murphy's working on that detail.
  • Connie Britton only signed on for season 1 so season 2, they're working to have her as a guest star. I didn't know that she wouldn't be a regular for season 2. That sucks!
  • Tonight's finale includes an Athena/Bobby storyline.
  • They are expanding the cast (both firefighters and 911 crew)

Ok, I am super disappointed by the news about Connie/Abby, but I'm not totally surprised. Now that I think about it, I think Nashville kind of burned her out to the point where she probably didn't want to sign another multiple year contract. I'm not sure how easy it was for her to get out of her Nashville contract, but I imagine that's why she chose to only sign on for a year here.

2

Share Post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, I am super disappointed by the news about Connie/Abby, but I'm not totally surprised. Now that I think about it, I think Nashville kind of burned her out to the point where she probably didn't want to sign another multiple year contract. I'm not sure how easy it was for her to get out of her Nashville contract, but I imagine that's why she chose to only sign on for a year here.

Me too! As much as I love the whole show, the Abby/Buck storyline is my favorite, which is weird because I thought I was going to hate it. And I’m particularly fond of Abby. I hope Connie at least comes back as a guest star. The mention that she really loves the cast and crew gives me hope. I can totally see not wanting to sign a multiple year contract, especially if she’s done that before. I’ve never seen Nashville and now I’m curious. :)

I’m intrigued about the Bobby/Athena storyline. 

My one wish for season two, other than Abby sticking around, is that we get more Athena/Hen friendship. I really enjoy those two. 

5

Share Post


Link to post

I'm also curious about the Athena/Bobby storyline as well..from the previews they do have a few scenes together so that's going to be very interesting. I too hope Hen and Athena's friendship continues in season 2 as well I really like it. I like that they are going to be expending the firefighters and the 911 people..Thanks for the spoilers, @Lady Calypso!

Edited by ESS.
2

Share Post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Connie Britton only signed on for season 1 so season 2, they're working to have her as a guest star. I didn't know that she wouldn't be a regular for season 2. That sucks!

Whoa. Noooo.  It's so funny because all season long I've been wondering why stars such as Peter Krause, Angela Basset and Connie, especially after her Nashville experience, would sign onto what is essentially an OTT procedural.

But in spite of all that, I've been digging Abby and loving Abby and Buck so now I'm really bummed she actually played it smart and only committed for a short time, likely out of loyalty to Ryan.

Silver lining:  That dreaded Buck/Abby/Bobby triangle so many of us dreaded?  Maybe/hopefully avoided?

10 hours ago, SparklesBitch said:

I’ve never seen Nashville and now I’m curious.

I don't know if watching would really make you less curious.  Overall, the show had declined in quality but I had the impression that Connie had issues with it even when it was at its best.  She always had stories and her character had depth but clearly she thought the show was going to be one thing and it turned out to be something else.  So I never saw what she saw.  Had it been Hayden Panettiere who had run for the hills?  That I would have understood.

Edited by Irlandesa.
0

Share Post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know if watching would really make you less curious.  Overall, the show had declined in quality but I had the impression that Connie had issues with it even when it was at its best.  She always had stories and her character had depth but clearly she thought the show was going to be one thing and it turned out to be something else.  So I never saw what she saw.  Had it been Hayden Panettiere who had run for the hills?  That I would have understood.

From what I understand from rumours, Connie didn't like the actual performance aspect of the show. That is, the singing that she did constantly. I think she was just tired of the show. She wanted to leave in season 4 of Nashville. I think she also just wanted a break. I didn't realize that she really had been working on TV series for a decade straight. Friday Night Lights from 2006-2011, then she did American Horror Story for a season, and then she jumped straight into Nashville (along with various other TV and film roles along the way). 

21 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But in spite of all that, I've been digging Abby and loving Abby and Buck so now I'm really bummed she actually played it smart and only committed for a short time, likely out of loyalty to Ryan.

In one of the 9-1-1 interviews, Ryan specifically stated that she only signed on for a season because he asked and offered her a one year deal. Otherwise, she had been committed to taking a breather for a while after leaving Nashville. Which is why I was completely surprised to see her name attached to this barely a couple of months after her final episode aired. 

Also, in 9-1-1 specific news, Ryan Murphy is already talking about a spinoff...but he doesn't know what it'll be yet. Man, if you don't have an idea, you shouldn't be throwing an idea of a spinoff out. Just because this show is very popular, it doesn't mean it needs a spinoff. Slow your roll there, Murphy. You have about seven other shows to focus on.

5

Share Post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:
  • Connie Britton only signed on for season 1 so season 2, they're working to have her as a guest star. I didn't know that she wouldn't be a regular for season 2. That sucks!

Ok, I am super disappointed by the news about Connie/Abby, but I'm not totally surprised. Now that I think about it, I think Nashville kind of burned her out to the point where she probably didn't want to sign another multiple year contract. I'm not sure how easy it was for her to get out of her Nashville contract, but I imagine that's why she chose to only sign on for a year here.

 

You're probably right about CB's reasons for not committing to more than one season.

 

Now the wrap up of the storyline with her mother make's more sense to me.  When I saw where they went with that, I was kind of disappointed, because I thought Abby's struggle, balancing all these aspects of her life, was interesting.  I know people who are caregivers for elderly family members, and it is hard, and sometimes seems never-ending and it was interesting to see that play out on a tv show.    Plus, killing Patricia off seemed like the easy way out for the story writers, so they didn't have this 'obstacle' in the Abby/Buck relationship.  I was thinking at the time that though that was the logical conclusion of her story arc, it was too soon in the show to do that.  Now I can see how they structured Abby's arc for her one season story and have wrapped up that phase of her story on the show.

Also, I'm glad they are expanding the cast a bit.  Though I like most of the regulars, and I'm not as fed up with Buck front and center as I used to be, this show has somehow made LA seem really really small, what with every kind of emergency always getting the same 5 responders + Abby.  Athena was always the PO on scene, no other medics/site commanders ever seemed to step up.   Having a few more players will allow them to mix it up a bit.

2

Share Post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Hannah Lee said:

this show has somehow made LA seem really really small, what with every kind of emergency always getting the same 5 responders + Abby.  Athena was always the PO on scene, no other medics/site commanders ever seemed to step up.   Having a few more players will allow them to mix it up a bit.

That doesn't really bother me - it's the old Adam-12 effect, Pete and Jim handled cases all over the city, not just in what would be their typical patrol area.  Same with Emergency! back in the day.  I enjoy the diversity of calls they show, but I wouldn't want to try to keep track of random FFs or POs who show up just to keep it "accurate" in terms of geographic territory responsibilities. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

That doesn't really bother me - it's the old Adam-12 effect, Pete and Jim handled cases all over the city, not just in what would be their typical patrol area.  Same with Emergency! back in the day.  I enjoy the diversity of calls they show, but I wouldn't want to try to keep track of random FFs or POs who show up just to keep it "accurate" in terms of geographic territory responsibilities. 

Oh, I totally get that.  For me I think it's not just that we're following these core characters, it's that almost anytime there is an emergency, it's the same engine crew, police officer and 9-1-1 operator involved all together.   John, Roy, Chet and Cap'n Stanley at least used to run into other firefighters and police officers who spoke and had small roles to play.

1

Share Post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

From what I understand from rumours, Connie didn't like the actual performance aspect of the show. That is, the singing that she did constantly. I think she was just tired of the show. She wanted to leave in season 4 of Nashville. I think she also just wanted a break. I didn't realize that she really had been working on TV series for a decade straight. Friday Night Lights from 2006-2011, then she did American Horror Story for a season, and then she jumped straight into Nashville (along with various other TV and film roles along the way). 

In one of the 9-1-1 interviews, Ryan specifically stated that she only signed on for a season because he asked and offered her a one year deal. Otherwise, she had been committed to taking a breather for a while after leaving Nashville. Which is why I was completely surprised to see her name attached to this barely a couple of months after her final episode aired. 

Also, in 9-1-1 specific news, Ryan Murphy is already talking about a spinoff...but he doesn't know what it'll be yet. Man, if you don't have an idea, you shouldn't be throwing an idea of a spinoff out. Just because this show is very popular, it doesn't mean it needs a spinoff. Slow your roll there, Murphy. You have about seven other shows to focus on.

I suspect Connie will be back but in a limited role.  They'll throw money at her along with time off to work on other projects and spend time with her family.

0

Share Post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Hannah Lee said:

Oh, I totally get that.  For me I think it's not just that we're following these core characters, it's that almost anytime there is an emergency, it's the same engine crew, police officer and 9-1-1 operator involved all together. 

Expanding the cast might help with this.  It would also let some of the stars who might not want to fully commit (Connie) or who still have an active movie career (Angela) not appear or appear in small ways in some episodes.  For instance, I think it was two episodes ago that Connie didn't appear or she only appeared briefly at the 9-1-1 center.

0

Share Post


Link to post

9-1-1 Season 2 Filming Schedule:

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 3/22/2018 at 10:18 AM, Hannah Lee said:

Oh, I totally get that.  For me I think it's not just that we're following these core characters, it's that almost anytime there is an emergency, it's the same engine crew, police officer and 9-1-1 operator involved all together.   John, Roy, Chet and Cap'n Stanley at least used to run into other firefighters and police officers who spoke and had small roles to play.

Well occasionally, they would get different fire unit back up but mostly on the major disaster episodes when other cities would give mutual aid. They always had the same Sheriff's Deputy, which would make some since if they were both on the same beat. But then later it was like that deputy transferred to a suburban police department as he was no longer  a tan over olive drab green uniformed  LA County Deputy in later seasons but a blue uniformed police office. In the  real world since the early 70s the city of LA has built larger fire stations and retired the older ones with maybe two vehicles assigned so the companies are more concentrated. However it seems as if most of the County fire stations that I run across are built to the same basic model of Emergency's Station 51

0

Share Post


Link to post

There was certainly a void without CB's character in the premiere. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was missing at first. I loved her character and the "tone" her character set for the show. However, I've always been a Jennifer Love Hewitt fan, so I'm interested to see what they'll do with her character. It's nice to see more of Buck's family, and the bond he has with his sister. It's a different type of storyline for Buck. I love how they introduced her. 

I hope 9-1-1 can stay on the air for years to come - I love the unique spin the show has on previously told stories. There's something different about it. 

Edited by thecatmeows.
2

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now