S06.E07: Conspiracy Theory: Part Two 2017.12.12

A new theory emerges as the squad investigates the second murder in the Tackles case. Sharon suffers a health setback. Gus reacts unexpectedly.

Share Post

Gee, somehow we here all knew Vanessa was raped based on her statement and reaction last week, but it took the elite detectives until now to figure it out.  But I confess I didn't put together that SA in the call log meant sexual assault, meaning there were others, until the detectives did.

I'm still so sad this is the final season, because even forced into a serialized format that is totally inorganic, they're putting out great TV.  I only came to the franchise last year, and ran my way through both shows on DVD, yet now I somehow can't imagine not having further episodes to look forward to.  My newfound love probably doomed it; sorry, all.

Sharon's look when Wes ignores her and obeys Provenza instead, calling Andy, was great.  Not up there with the hilarious look she gave Rusty in the hospital, when he said, "The rules, Mom, the rules," but great.  Interesting that Andy wasn't part of the roll-out, even though he now can be in the field with his CO.  They probably all went directly to the crime scene from the restaurant opening, and Andy wasn't there, but that takes us back to the fact he wasn't part of the deployment to the restaurant opening.  Further evidence we're heading for a retirement scenario for Sharon and Andy when the series ends?  (Especially with the adapt and love your life as it is now thing, not to mention the ending and preview.)

"Sharon Raydor slept in and the world didn't implode."  It's not arrogance, thinking no one else can do the job (well, it can be, but not always, and not with Sharon), but it's can be pretty hard to accept you need to do less than you're used to when your body tells you it needs to rest.

Sharon's emotion at Rusty completing college makes up for the ridiculousness of him getting through it in three years via the CC to UC track.  He went through so much, and she went through so much with him - her pride in his accomplishment is quite moving.  (Which is why he should have given her the opportunity to watch him receive his diploma at a graduation ceremony if she wanted, but I'm letting it all go for now.)

If Rusty is going to do law school in three years, that's the full-time program (part-time is four years).  In that case, he cannot work first year (unless ABA rules have changed), and he's not going to be able to work full time the second and third years.  So I guess Sharon is footing the bill.  Which is fine, I'm just noting.

Nice family moment, with Andy mostly supporting Sharon but also congratulating Rusty.  And Sharon slapping a snotty paper towel into Andy's hand to be replaced with a new tissue is hilarious.

Gus's embarrassment, and feeling gross, like he's being bought off for sex (and nice twist that he's saying that to someone who did have to have sex for money), the shame that he's just one in a long line of people -- I was annoyed Gus wasn't gone after the nice end to their relationship last season, but he's really been doing good stuff as a victim of sexual harassment, so if they'd stick to that I'll be glad he's tied into this.  But the relationship shit is just stupid.  They're not right for each other at this stage in their lives, and that's okay, not some tragedy.  Move.the.hell.on.

Vanessa's feelings that she was partly responsible for the rape, and her reluctance to come forward, shed further light on the obvious answers to the disgusting, frustrating, but pervasive "why didn't you come forward, or come forward sooner?" question.

Buying or bullying the silence of victims of rape by college athletes is a devastatingly good real-life storyline to explore, so I "like" that development in an odd way. 

That it's men who volunteer to go through the files in order to avoid hearing any more rape details is common.

Andrea being pissy towards Gus on Rusty's behalf, but also pissy that Rusty handle his personal business ASAP and get back to work, is why I like her.

Basically, they're touching on a lot of stuff here, and doing it well thus far.  (I don't know how much I've shared, or how much anyone would remember, here, but I'm a civil rights attorney with a focus on women's rights; I've run the legal clinic of a DV shelter, handled sexual harassment claims, testified on the inadequacy of rape laws and prosecution, etc. - this is my wheelhouse.)

Random notes:

"Let the big man hit the girl; go for it, asshole." Go Amy!

Kudos to Mason for saying PIN rather than PIN number (the redundancy of the latter, ATM machine, etc. being one of my many pet peeves).

Why is Sharon always in flats this episode?  Is it nothing, that Mary just happened to have twisted an ankle or something, or is it part of Sharon's symptoms that she's a bit unsteady? 

There were some very funny lines in this one:

"She's in full rigor."
"Well, no shit, Sherlock, she's stiff as a board."

"They had to do number four, because Shark Attack 3 left so much in the air."

"... even if it's just television."

"You're not my type."
"Why's that?"
"You're too far over 30."

Edited by Bastet.

Share Post

It was a very good episode.  Still could do without Wes and Paige. The others could barely get a line or two. 

I’m still not getting the betrayal part of the Gus thing. Rusty broke up with him before he left for Napa. Gus was free to have any kind of relationship he wanted. Rusty can be hurt and feel that Gus wasn’t all in because Gus took the opportunity, but he can’t say that Gus cheated.  

Has anybody else noticed that Sharon seems to care about Gus and seems to encourage Rusty to give Gus another chance? 

Share Post

I'm just over here praying that they aren't going to have Gus kidnapped or whatever by he who shall not be named in the final arc of the show. 

Share Post

31 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m still not getting the betrayal part of the Gus thing. Rusty broke up with him before he left for Napa. 

It's not that clear.  Rusty realized he'd have been holding Gus back - despite what he knew of the other, heinous reason for Aiden offering Gus the sous chef chef in Napa- so he changed course and encouraged Gus to take the job.  It was left as a long-distance relationship - Gus moving where he needed to be for his future and Rusty staying where he needed to be for his - but Rusty knew how this inevitably was going to end, because the things they needed to do for themselves put them in different situations. 

So Gus headed to Napa figuring a long-distance relationship, and Rusty wished him well but knew the long-distance thing was inevitably going to fail, that they were at different points in their lives, and thus "see ya later" was really "goodbye."  When Gus fucked Aiden, it was within a context that, yes, realistically, his relationship with Rusty was over, but technically, per the state of their agreement, they were still committed to each other.

Share Post

28 minutes ago, missbonnie said:

I'm just over here praying that they aren't going to have Gus kidnapped or whatever by he who shall not be named in the final arc of the show. 

I had a similar fear, partly because of the way the scene of Rusty walking away was shot for some reason. I did figure out SA meant sexual assault, so then finding more made sense. I'm calling it now that the drs son is the rapist. I'm probably off base but that's the feeling I'm getting. 

Share Post

19 minutes ago, emcmac87 said:

I had a similar fear, partly because of the way the scene of Rusty walking away was shot for some reason. 

Yepper, I had exactly the same creepy feeling. It was like they were being watched or something. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, missbonnie said:

That didn't occur to me, but I was thinking that the MO of the two female murder victims was at the least very Stroh adjacent—even though that seems highly unlikely.

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

Basically, they're touching on a lot of stuff here, and doing it well thus far.

Yes. And this is the first multi-episode arc that hasn't felt jumbled and confusing to me.

The description of the rape victim being drugged and later having a cab called for her was very Cosby-ish. Will the perp be someone of similar career type?

Sharon's extreme emotional reaction to seeing Rusty's diploma made me feel like the world's worst mother.

I appreciate that the Rusty and Gus interactions tell a sociological and psychological story that covers another aspect of sexual assault in the workplace and the enduring effects of sexual assault during a person's youth, but, please. No more.

Share Post

1 hour ago, emcmac87 said:

I had a similar fear, partly because of the way the scene of Rusty walking away was shot for some reason. I did figure out SA meant sexual assault, so then finding more made sense. I'm calling it now that the drs son is the rapist. I'm probably off base but that's the feeling I'm getting. 

He's the rapist; his mother is killing the women to save her son. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, sarthaz said:

So. Much. Gus. :(

Too. Much. Gus :(

I don't understand where they're going with Sharon's disease, the show was already filmed when it was cancelled, so they aren't going to kill her off or retire her, but it's not making any sense to me.

I'm not loving these serialized episodes, I liked it better when each episode was self contained.

Share Post

Pure spec on my part but I just have the nagging suspicion that Gus will become a Stroh victim. I haven't read any spoilers so I don't know if this idea has merit or not but it just seems like a typical storytelling event, that someone close to one of the main characters will be killed off in order to kick the storyline into high gear and give Rusty and Sharon an 'Oh it's ON!' type of thing with Stroh. But I could be wrong. 

Share Post

This was the best episode of the season but Gus, you are a veteran, man up. And Rusty spends all his time in the Major Crimes squad room, yet graduates early. You just know that in the final scene of where they are in the future Rusty will be the first married Pope since Clement IV and President of the US.

Share Post

33 minutes ago, Raja said:

This was the best episode of the season but Gus, you are a veteran, man up. And Rusty spends all his time in the Major Crimes squad room, yet graduates early. You just know that in the final scene of where they are in the future Rusty will be the first married Pope since Clement IV and President of the US.

I, for one, am worried about Rusty.  He never takes off that messenger bag.  I bet he sleeps with it.  He's going to have back problems when he's Pope President.

Share Post

Another excellent episode, I'm enjoying this storyline just as much, if not more, than the first one and it's very interesting and timely.

I called the shot last week that Vanessa had been raped, that much was obvious from her behavior, the question is, who raped her and who killed her, because the rapist and Vanessa's killer are not the same person, Vanessa would never let the rapist into her house or have a drink with him. It's an interesting story, as there are at least 2 people involved in these crimes, and it's unclear if the same person killed both Bonnie and Vanessa or if they were killed by 2 different people as part of the cover up of the serial rapist. 

As for the suspects, the self help guru and his family are at the top of my list, they all seem shady and will have a major role to play, I think either the doctor or his son will be the serial rapist. I think that the football star/Tackles owner is cleared of the rapes based on his phone call with Vanessa and the fact that he is just too obvious a suspect, but he could still be the murderer as he has access to the stun guns. Also something seemed a little bit off about Vanessa's therapist, she seemed a bit too passionate about the whole thing and she would definitely be someone that Vanessa trusted. The other plaintiffs could possibly be suspects, and I don't think Bonnie's ex, her son or the psycho director had anything to do with it, none of them seem like they would be able to pull any of this off. I'm not really sure who's responsible but it will be very interesting to see it play out. 

I think this storyline is very timely with the sexual harassment stuff that has come out lately, it's interesting as this storyline seems like a mash up of several real world issues and real people, but not based on anyone in specific. It's a very well done story, hope we get a good finish to it next week. 

I dislike the story about Sharon's health stuff, it's pointless melodrama and I'm wondering if they are just setting up Sharon for retirement at the end of the season. The Sharon/Flynn relationship continues to be well done though, they had some nice scenes, I'm usually not a fan of romance between main characters on procedurals but the Sharon/Flynn relationship has been done better than any I've seen, it adds depth to both characters without dragging down the show. 

I still think that there are just too many people in the squad now and Paige is awful and takes away from the show. There are so many people now that we can't get enough focus on them, we really need more of Julio, Sykes and Tao. Sykes got a nice moment where she stood up to the football star, Tao and Julio have gotten a few good moments but aren't being utilized. Nice to see Nolan back to being himself after his bizarre behavior in the last episode. Paige is awful though, on a show with such interesting, well developed, deep characters Paige comes off as a cheap caricature and is totally pointless to boot, she's incredibly irritating, doesn't have any chemistry with anyone but Provenza and Mason IMO, and the fact that the actress playing her is awful and overdoes everything hurts as well. She's been the worst part of this season. 

As for the Rusty/Gus stuff, just let it go, they don't need to be together now, Gus behaved like a douchebag and Rusty was right to dump him and he should just drop it. I'm not sure why Rusty would want to be with Gus again anyway, Gus has become unlikable over his last few appearances while Rusty has gotten much more likable IMO. 

I have to say, it really pisses me off that this is the last season, even with TNT completely changing the format MC is still producing a terrific season. The show has high quality, good ratings and a strong fanbase and TNT is canceling it just because it isn't trendy with the critics, they want every show to be "edgy" and depressing when that isn't what the viewers want, this will bite TNT in the ass and they deserve it, Major Crimes should not be canceled, period.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I have to say, it really pisses me off that this is the last season, even with TNT completely changing the format MC is still producing a terrific season. The show has high quality, good ratings and a strong fanbase and TNT is canceling it just because it isn't trendy with the critics, they want every show to be "edgy" and depressing when that isn't what the viewers want, this will bite TNT in the ass and they deserve it, Major Crimes should not be canceled, period.

C'mon NETFLIX...pick up this show for a couple more seasons!!!!

Share Post

16 hours ago, Bastet said:

I'm still so sad this is the final season, because even forced into a serialized format that is totally inorganic, they're putting out great TV.

Yeah it seems a shame too since they seem to have finally gotten the hang of how to tell a multi-part serialized story too. The previous arc improved considerably in using exposition to regularly remind of us of exactly what was happening and keeping track of exactly who all the players were and what their relationships and motivations were, although it still got a little convoluted at the end and felt like they spent a bit too much time on characters whose role was padded to fill the time. This seems more like the usual type of story they do well, but stretched out a bit. It's not only easier for me as a viewer to remember and understand what is happening, but this time it doesn't feel like there is anything extra added to fill air time (except for Gusty and Sharon's home life, but those subplots often felt padded and extraneous to me when they were doing one and done stories too!) and it seems to be flowing more organically too.

Share Post

I feel sorry for James Duff; he keeps getting "Go back to single episodes!" messages on social media, and explains every time that he had to agree to the change in order to get a sixth season, but they just keep coming.  If you're enough of a fan of the show to track the executive producer down on the internet and send him a message, how didn't you read any of the gazillion bits out there about how it was a network mandate?

So, a) it wasn't his choice, b), if he hadn't agreed, we wouldn't even have these thirteen episodes, and c) he's done a nice job with serialized storytelling this time (something that wasn't true of him in the past, when it was his choice to do it), but he still gets a bunch of whiny social media posts.

16 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Has anybody else noticed that Sharon seems to care about Gus and seems to encourage Rusty to give Gus another chance? 

Sharon has always adored Gus.  There was a while there that I liked her relationship with Gus better than I liked Rusty's relationship with him.  I don't really think she wants them to get back together now, though, I think she just wants Rusty to see the big picture and achieve a healthy take on it.

14 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Sharon's extreme emotional reaction to seeing Rusty's diploma made me feel like the world's worst mother.

I doubt she reacted that way with Emily or Ricky, but the depth of reaction makes sense for Rusty given how much more of an achievement it is for him than for them.  (An impossible one in three years under the circumstances, but I swear I'm letting that go any minute now.)  And how she went through it with him in a way she didn't with them.  Plus, her health condition and medications may very well affect her ability to control her emotions.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I called the shot last week that Vanessa had been raped, that much was obvious from her behavior, the question is, who raped her and who killed her, because the rapist and Vanessa's killer are not the same person, Vanessa would never let the rapist into her house or have a drink with him. It's an interesting story, as there are at least 2 people involved in these crimes, and it's unclear if the same person killed both Bonnie and Vanessa or if they were killed by 2 different people as part of the cover up of the serial rapist. 

As for the suspects, the self help guru and his family are at the top of my list, they all seem shady and will have a major role to play, I think either the doctor or his son will be the serial rapist. I think that the football star/Tackles owner is cleared of the rapes based on his phone call with Vanessa and the fact that he is just too obvious a suspect, but he could still be the murderer as he has access to the stun guns. Also something seemed a little bit off about Vanessa's therapist, she seemed a bit too passionate about the whole thing and she would definitely be someone that Vanessa trusted. The other plaintiffs could possibly be suspects, and I don't think Bonnie's ex, her son or the psycho director had anything to do with it, none of them seem like they would be able to pull any of this off. I'm not really sure who's responsible but it will be very interesting to see it play out. 

My speculation: Landon's (the self-help guru's) wife is played by a recognizable actress.  She committed the murders to protect her son (probably wouldn't do it for her husband) who, in her mind, was led-on by all those hussies.  She wouldn't have been strong enough to kill Vanessa without stunning her multiple times, unless she had drugged her, which she apparently didn't or it would have been mentioned (that's her son's specialty).  She somehow borrowed a stun gun from Tackles.  She took the 2nd wine glass from the crime scene because it had her fingerprints on it.  Don't know where she got the gun she used to kill Bonnie, but she's not an expert, as it had the 2 kinds of bullets in it.  The irony will be that she would go to the ends of the earth to save endangered animals, but has killed two women.

4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I'm not sure why Rusty would want to be with Gus again anyway,

First (and only) love.

Share Post

Yeah, Landon's wife is totally the killer.  She's protecting her family.

I was pretty upset when I found out this would be the last season, but the writing's been pretty low quality compared to previous seasons, so I'm more OK with it now.

Share Post

Law of casting says Fran Kranz did it. 

Plot analysis says Tackles guy is probably a red herring, it is one of his buddies from the old college rape who kept developing his technique. Age and trusted figure suggests, indeed, the self-help guy. 

Camera work singles out self-help guy's son. 

Gus is right that it was a test. What kind of person effectively dumps their boyfriend into the clutches of someone he knows is using a job for pressuring sex? Despite all the complaints about too much Rusty, we haven't seen enough of him to know, for quite some time. 

Share Post

So it's Rusty's fault Gus slept with skeezy boss? Nope not buying it. Honestly if he had told Gus about his conversation with Aiden, Gus would probably have accused him of trying to sabotage his new job. Gus is a big boy, he made his choices. I am glad Rusty got Aiden to cough up some $ and the recommendation, though; the maybe he'll think twice before he does it again (probably not). 

I agree the self-help guru and his family are suspect and Tackles boy is a red herring. I love how he's all "I take care of my girls", yeah, well until they're 30. 

Paige doesn't bother me as much as she does some of you. I think because she's supposed to be annoying-you can tell from the looks the other squad members give her. I liked when she told Tackles he wasn't her type cause he was over 30. Ha. 

Share Post

There's only one reason for Rusty to have kept Aiden's skeeziness a secret from Gus, to test Gus. He may have hoped Gus would pass the test.

And there's not one reason for Gus to treat his relationship with Rusty as a commitment after Rusty refused to commit. Rusty may have hoped Gus would fail the test and take him off the hook for that. But Rusty is a big boy and he made his choices. 

56 minutes ago, AuntieL said:

Honestly if he had told Gus about his conversation with Aiden, Gus would probably have accused him of trying to sabotage his new job.

Rusty didn't trust Gus to believe him? Or trust Gus to accept that it wasn't Gus' hard work and skill that got him the job? Or trust Gus not to resent an ultimatum to quit? I've never hated Rusty, and I've never even thought he was a whining ass. But helping hide Aiden's skeeviness doesn't come from a place of trust. 

I do agree that when one partner has made it clear the relationship is at a dead end, the losing partner should gracefully concede defeat, then go on with someone else, instead of taking a plunge first, then admitting it. 

When Rusty sent Gus away I thought Rene Rosado would never be on the show again. This little plot feels ginned up as a parallel or complement or commentary to the case. That's always been one of the primary uses of the Rusty character but this one is not very plausible. 

Edited by sjohnson.

Share Post

I, for one, am worried about Rusty.  He never takes off that messenger bag.  I bet he sleeps with it.  He's going to have back problems when he's Pope President.

He has to have somewhere to keep Chekhov's gun.

Share Post

On 12/13/2017 at 3:39 PM, shapeshifter said:

I go to watch my daughter graduate with a University degree next week and I have zero chance of competing with Sharon's reaction hahahaha

Share Post

Still one of my favorite shows. This story arc is plausible for me.

I DVR so I can FF through all the time wasted on Rusty and Gus so I don't know what the dynamic is and frankly I don't care.

To the writers and producers. ENOUGH. IS. ENOUGH.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

I go to watch my daughter graduate with a University degree next week and I have zero chance of competing with Sharon's reaction hahahaha

I thought it was a reaction to the meds or she was about to have a stroke.  That was nuts.

Share Post

14 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Law of casting says Fran Kranz did it. 

Plot analysis says Tackles guy is probably a red herring, it is one of his buddies from the old college rape who kept developing his technique. Age and trusted figure suggests, indeed, the self-help guy. 

Camera work singles out self-help guy's son. 

Gus is right that it was a test. What kind of person effectively dumps their boyfriend into the clutches of someone he knows is using a job for pressuring sex? Despite all the complaints about too much Rusty, we haven't seen enough of him to know, for quite some time. 

Tough call. Jayne Brook's about as recognizable.  I wasn't paying close enough attention, because it's just not a very good show right now, but are Tackles and Self-Help college buddies?  That would explain their relationship and give him a rapey origin story.

As for Rusty "testing" Gus, he was indeed testing him, but he really had no choice.  If he told Gus, Gus would have lost his shit, resented Rusty, and run off to make sexy time with Chef Douche.  Rusty sucks at relationships and hasn't been great with Gus throughout all of this, but Gus is a grown-ass-man who can make his own decisions.  Rusty is not responsible for Gus's choices, and Gus was going to sleep with that asshat no matter what Rusty did.  Which is fine, because their relationship sucks, and their storyline is terrible, and I wish they'd both move on before Gus gets kidnapped by Stroh and we have to endure that disaster of a plot to conclude a once-great series.  You know that shit's going to happen -- you just know it.

Share Post

Don't know who Jayne Brook is. Reiko Aylesworth is also very recognizable though. But...sexual assault/murder case? The perp is a man. The incompetence with using the wrong bullet in the gun or multiple stuns would fit the son, but I'm sure (right or wrong) it is not meant to suggest a woman.

When Rusty didn't tell Gus what Aiden said, he made the choice, and took the responsibility. The plot said Rusty could fix his part by getting Gus a small settlement and a letter of recommendation, which is implausible, but OK, that's the script. Rusty being butthurt because the dude he wouldn't go with went anyhow is human enough, but I'm just not with the show in thinking this is martyrdom. 

Share Post

What no one's mentioned recently is that Aiden knew Rusty's history and used it in that original conversation.  So either Aiden somehow got this from the net (most of it should have been sealed), or Gus told him, and frankly in my book that was an unforgivable betrayal.  

Share Post

On 12/12/2017 at 11:29 PM, emcmac87 said:

On 12/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, missbonnie said:

Yepper, I had exactly the same creepy feeling. It was like they were being watched or something. 

Yes, I was fully expecting there to at least be some shots fired at them, the way they were standing out in the open and with the camera shots. Maybe it was supposed to imply that they were being watched? It does seem obvious something will happen to Gus, and then Rusty will feel responsible...

Share Post

2 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Reiko Aylesworth is also very recognizable though. But...sexual assault/murder case? The perp is a man

I don't recall ever seeing Reiko Aylesworth play evil, so that would be a "good" twist, and unless it's a red herring clue, I'm assuming the multiple stuns from behind mean a not very strong perp, which typically translates to a female perp, but, again, maybe the plot will twist the other way. I just hope it's a more clever plot than the last one, with the pieces falling into place in a nicely unexpected way. Is that too much to ask?

Share Post

9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:
11 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Reiko Aylesworth is also very recognizable though. But...sexual assault/murder case? The perp is a man

I don't recall ever seeing Reiko Aylesworth play evil, so that would be a "good" twist, and unless it's a red herring clue, I'm assuming the multiple stuns from behind mean a not very strong perp, which typically translates to a female perp, but, again, maybe the plot will twist the other way. I just hope it's a more clever plot than the last one, with the pieces falling into place in a nicely unexpected way. Is that too much to ask?

The sexual assaults were committed by a man.  The murders were committed by a woman, who I hypothesize is the rapist's mother. (Stan Pearl might also fit the definition of a not very strong perp, but I don't see any way that he's the murderer.)

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse.

Share Post

2 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

The sexual assaults were committed by a man.  The murders were committed by a woman, who I hypothesize is the rapist's mother. (Stan Pearl might also fir the definition of a not very strong perp, but I don't see any way that he's the murderer.)

Wild Ass Guess.

Sexual Assault/rapist is either the life coach or life coach's son.

Killer is the life coach's wife, protecting husband (money maker) or son (love).

Edited by Morrigan2575.

Share Post

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Wild Ass Guess.

Sexual Assault/rapist is either the life coach or life coach's son.

Killer is the life coach's wife, protecting husband (money maker) or some (love).

That's what I've been saying.

Share Post

10 hours ago, sarthaz said:

I thought it was a reaction to the meds or she was about to have a stroke.  That was nuts.

Yeah, I thought it was over the top, too.

Apart from the fact that Sharon's heart condition is drama the show didn't need and certainly didn't need in its final season, the thing that bothers me the most about it is that it is distracting. Each time Sharon gets emotional, I'm now wondering if she'll keel over. That is more than annoying because it takes the enjoyment out of watching these scenes.

Share Post

My take on Sharon getting so emotional is that holding that piece of paper in her hand, it suddenly became tangible to her in a way it hadn't before how close she came to missing that, and all the milestones that would come after. We saw some basis for how scared she is about her situation when she didn't even want to walk through the door of the doctor's office.

Share Post

Thank goodness for DVR's. My husband dorsn't like Major Crimes because of the Rusty story line. SO I DVR each week. Then I can watch it when hubby isn't around. I will admit to fast forwarding through the Rusty/Gus stuff, totally boring and takes up too much of the story line.

Share Post

What I don't like about Sharon's health crisis is that they took a strong, confident, powerful woman and made her into a sick, weak, shaky, weepy character who needs people to take care of her.  They have diminished her character, and I resent that.  

She was such a great role model.  This is not the way she should have gone out.

Edited by treeofdreams.

Share Post

5 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

What I don't like about Sharon's health crisis is that they took a strong, confident, powerful woman and made her into a sick, weak, shaky, weepy character who needs people to take care of her.  They have diminished her character, and I resent that.  

She was such a great role model.  This is not the way she should have gone out.

True, but doesn't that happen in real life?

I'm both sad an annoyed that this is the last season of Major Crimes.  I think what's happened is networks like FX, HBO, AMC have gotten a lot of press and awards for "darker" shows.  So now networks like TNT and USA feel, "we better follow suit," and they have cancelled shows that weren't necessarily dark all the time, but were enjoyable.  

What broadcast networks realized is you need a balance of different types of shows on a network.  A network filled with the same type of shows can get boring at times.  

Edited by Neurochick.

Share Post

On 12/13/2017 at 2:36 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

My speculation: Landon's (the self-help guru's) wife is played by a recognizable actress.  She committed the murders to protect her son (probably wouldn't do it for her husband) who, in her mind, was led-on by all those hussies.  She wouldn't have been strong enough to kill Vanessa without stunning her multiple times, unless she had drugged her, which she apparently didn't or it would have been mentioned (that's her son's specialty).  She somehow borrowed a stun gun from Tackles.  She took the 2nd wine glass from the crime scene because it had her fingerprints on it.  Don't know where she got the gun she used to kill Bonnie, but she's not an expert, as it had the 2 kinds of bullets in it.  The irony will be that she would go to the ends of the earth to save endangered animals, but has killed two women.

First (and only) love.

I like this theory.  Also, don't forget, some books were missing from the second victim's house.  Anyone want to bet that they were self-help gurus books?

Share Post

8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

True, but doesn't that happen in real life?

Exactly. And that's part of the problem for me. Sure, a TV shows need some realism but they also need enough "feel good" to be an escape from life, in my opinion. I don't need it if it imitates life to a T, what for? I'm living life, so I don't need a TV show to watch life like it is happening. I need it to take all those little things that sometimes go awry in life and make it right. Of course, everyone's different but it's one of the reasons I love/loved Major Crimes. Very little (convoluted) drama.

Share Post

Major Crimes is my favorite show but I'm really missing the stand alone episodes - 

Also , the new girl ( I refuse to learn her name) bothers me as much as Rusty does to some people !

And both newbies take away valuable screen time from my beloved characters.

Share Post

I've been enjoying this, mostly. I hate the sick Sharon stuff but I really like the Rusty\Gus stuff.  They presented the sexual harassment situation quite well IMO including Gus's feelings of shame and responsibility.  I am glad they did not have Rusty instantly forgive Gus for the cheating,  that's a cop-out.

The case isn't great but it's okay.  I don't get suing an employer for sticking to the terms you agreed to when you took the job, the women knew they would age out at 30. It wasn't a secret.  I hate when people refuse to take personal responsibility.  I agree there seem to be two different perps, a rapist and a murderer.

Share Post

9 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

the women knew they would age out at 30

Did they? I guess I missed that. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Did they? I guess I missed that. 

It was company policy for the "cast" 

Share Post