S02.E09: The Couple 2017.12.06

Greg and Katie become ecstatic when the meet a couple without children; Anna-Kat coerces Taylor and Oliver into helping her with a storytelling project. 

Share Post

Well, I was wrong in assuming that the younger couple were hiding their children, too.

Anna Kat's threat (with regard to the baby teeth she ha saved) only made sense if she had gaps in her mouth and if her parents were really stupid.

On the one hand, I'm surprised that Katie didn't tell Oliver to dry his own damn lettuce and make his own damn sandwich, but on the other hand, when she was griping about how she had to go downstairs to make the kids' breakfast, and then she poured cold cereal into 3 bowls and added milk, she lost any sympathy.  I think the kids can pour their own cereal: one drives, one has planned his whole life already, and one is capable of feeding a pig.

Share Post

1 hour ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Anna Kat's threat (with regard to the baby teeth she ha saved) only made sense if she had gaps in her mouth and if her parents were really stupid.

A few of Anna Cat's lines were so obviously not something a little kid would say that it was distracting.

Although her siblings made up for it with the line, "And not even dandelions would grow on their graves".

Bwhahahaha!

Share Post

20 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

Although her siblings made up for it with the line, "And not even dandelions would grow on their graves".

She did request dandelions.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

She did request dandelions

That's what made it so funny.  When she requested dandelions, did anybody think that's how they would work it in to her presentation?

And then her cheerful, "The End!"

Share Post

Anna Kat's literary challenge, to incorporate three unrelated elements into a story, wasn't far from a real school assignment. It also reminded me of a Monty Python sketch with Shaw, Wilde and Whistler taking turns insulting Prince Albert, saying one of the others had said it and then seeing how each dug himself out by trying to turn it into a compliment.

I also expected the new couple to be hiding kids. As it turned out, they were! The one in the oven.

Share Post

15 minutes ago, Bobbin said:

I also expected the new couple to be hiding kids. As it turned out, they were! The one in the oven.

I suppose, but I think they just found out.

Share Post

It's so true how a relationship with a person or couple changes when they have kids.

Share Post

20 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

A few of Anna Cat's lines were so obviously not something a little kid would say that it was distracting.

Bwhahahaha!

I can't STAND Anna-Kat...nothing remotely cute or funny about her...needs to be exiled along with Diane from Black-ish

Share Post

23 hours ago, Bobbin said:

Anna Kat's literary challenge, to incorporate three unrelated elements into a story, wasn't far from a real school assignment. It also reminded me of a Monty Python sketch with Shaw, Wilde and Whistler taking turns insulting Prince Albert, saying one of the others had said it and then seeing how each dug himself out by trying to turn it into a compliment.

Oh like I think this episode is like a stream of bat's piss, but what I really meant to say was that it shines out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark?

Share Post

This episode was pretty much a straight rip off from the American dad  episode stanny boy and frantastic. Even some of the dialogue was copied

Share Post

9 minutes ago, Clods said:

This episode was pretty much a straight rip off from the American dad  episode stanny boy and frantastic. Even some of the dialogue was copied

I thought the same thing! It was disappointing. But I still love this show. 

Share Post

13 hours ago, Kimmmmmm said:

I can't STAND Anna-Kat...nothing remotely cute or funny about her...needs to be exiled along with Diane from Black-ish

What is a problem is they keep writing Anna-Kat all over the place. Just like with Oliver going to major sell out mode to just a teen that feels like he is a poor kid and thinks money will solve everything. Him moving towards the dance and realizing he enjoys it and feeling guilty about trying to get the old guy's money. That is a good balance, but what he has done the past two episodes screams season 1 Oliver. Just like with Taylor not using proper grammar or sounding like she doesn't get the basic sense of how life works. Anna-Kat from vegan to thinking Lice as pets and then magically back to her ADD to the extreme. Get a grip on what you want writers. It isn't funny it makes you want to smack these kids. 

Edited by readster.

Share Post

Add me to the chorus of those who are disliking how they are writing Anna-Kat.  In this episode she was practically psychotic. 

Share Post

Yep, the actress is cute and talented but they've been veering to far into sociopath territory.

Edited by AnnaRose.

Share Post

Add me to the chorus of those who are disliking how they are writing Anna-Kat.  In this episode she was practically psychotic. 

And the story didn't even make any sense. Ana-Kat was in a position to blackmail them that night, because Taylor had been left in charge. If the parents came home and found Ana-Kat injured, Taylor would have been in trouble. So yeah, they had to indulge her until their parents got home. So . . . why did they continue doing what she wanted the next day? They were off the hook at that point and were no longer responsible for her welfare. 

Share Post

On 12/7/2017 at 11:33 AM, MaryMitch said:

It's so true how a relationship with a person or couple changes when they have kids.

i understood there not wanting to have to fawn over a new baby that is not theirs!

i have a friend who still brings her 16 year old daughter with us , without telling me, most times that  we plan outings. i've just about had it. don't know how to tell her this sucks. can't talk about grown up things, the kid  can be annoying. why does she want to tag along anyway?

Share Post

On 12/8/2017 at 0:40 AM, Clods said:

I was kind of distracted by the similarity. 

Share Post

On 12/13/2017 at 6:45 PM, iMonrey said:

And the story didn't even make any sense. Ana-Kat was in a position to blackmail them that night, because Taylor had been left in charge. If the parents came home and found Ana-Kat injured, Taylor would have been in trouble. So yeah, they had to indulge her until their parents got home. So . . . why did they continue doing what she wanted the next day? They were off the hook at that point and were no longer responsible for her welfare. 

I agree, the story line just didn't work, as others said, they copied it off of American Dad and to a point from My wife and Kids. Where the kids as soon as the parents left just felt they had to do whatever they wanted. Never thinking about anything or with Anna-kat's blackmail making less sense the next day. I really wish they would figure out how to write the kids' characters. They are all over the place from: sell-outs, no thinking skills, OCD that wants to work when the plot asks for it. Or doing a full 180 that doesn't line up with anything. Stick with a character trait.

Share Post