Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

3 hours ago, Taffy Apple said:

Sharon is always dressed nicely, nails look manicured, shows enthusiasm for the products, isn't mean to models/OAPs/other hosts, subs for others, is usually vertical; but let's keep Shittish who is totes doin' it for the bucksh.

Color me confused as well. Sharon could be a little over the top with her foodgasms during Gourmet Holiday, but she was always pleasant and presented herself well. I don't understand this hold Shawn has over QVC that allows her to get away with such unprofessional behavior. Imagine a client or customer coming into your job and you telling them "I don't care if you do business with us or not. I get paid either way." How long do you think you'd still be working there? It's mind boggling.

Edited by BitterApple.

Share Post

Shawn seems to be QVC’s version of John Gotti, the Teflon Don - nothing sticks.  

9E4306DC-369B-4F4E-8900-6D068E9C9E1E.jpeg.2fc7a28eb7e1635d8358eabe47495496.jpeg

Share Post

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, Booney said:

Shawn: “I don’t really care if you buy this hair dryer or not. I’m salaried, I don’t get any commission on this. I hope you get it for your hair, but I don’t really care if you buy it.”

Strangest sales pitch I’ve heard in a while...

Not defending Skunk but Heidi Williams always pulls this on JTV.  

Share Post

Heidi's favorite refrain is "It doesn't matter to me if you buy this ring or not, I have no skin in this game"

Share Post

16 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Heidi's favorite refrain is "It doesn't matter to me if you buy this ring or not, I have no skin in this game"

I think it's truly a marketing game. Or strategy. 

Edited by Rdh1314.

Share Post

9 minutes ago, Rdh1314 said:

You may be right, but I think it’s a piss-poor one. It doesn’t motivate me to buy.

Share Post

@Booney and everyone who just replied about this tactic, eventually it will catch up.

There's new blood coming in, including  one experienced host,  she could be surpassed easily with that attitude, and 

Share Post

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

@Booney and everyone who just replied about this tactic, eventually it will catch up.

There's new blood coming in, including  one experienced host,  she could be surpassed easily with that attitude, and 

Please, Baby Jesus.

1 hour ago, Booney said:

You may be right, but I think it’s a piss-poor one. It doesn’t motivate me to buy.

It sounds insulting to me.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Rdh1314 said:

Marketing strategy for sure.

Heidi has the additional benefit of being married to one of JTV's founders.

2 hours ago, Booney said:

They think they're being transparent, but it's just the opposite.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Marketing strategy for sure.

Heidi has the additional benefit of being married to one of JTV's founders.

They think they're being transparent, but it's just the opposite.

I thought is was sister Wendy who was married to a founder? I get those two mixed up all the time.

Share Post

@Coffeecup, it's easy to get confused with those Williams girls, but Heidi is the one married to the JTV bigshot.  She's got a devilishly calming voice which no doubt lulls susceptible viewers into buying almost anything.   Wendy, on the other hand, makes for very difficult listening.  Sounds like a honking goose.

Share Post

Happ looks absolutely ridiculous - her lips are purple !  Who the hell wants that ?  And Shawn is having an “O” over her !  ugh 

The lips do not look that good - really...!

Share Post

On 11/15/2018 at 10:51 AM, Booney said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, love this.

somehow I think she might love it too though lol

Eventually they did manage to stick it to Gotti, so her time is coming.

Edited by SnowDazed.

Share Post

Wonder if we will get another picture of a turkey in the garbage pail this Thanksgiving.  

Share Post

52 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Wonder if we will get another picture of a turkey in the garbage pail this Thanksgiving.  

Yesterday she was going on and on with the Skechers OAP about how much she loves thanksgiving leftovers. I'm sure she meant the wine.

Share Post

Jane shoe shopping.  Disgusting keeps changing shoes in her bare feet !!  Ugh !

Share Post

The little girl behavior is really starting to get on my nerves.  The head tilting, the clapping her hands like a two year old, the little girl voice and the demeaning way she talks to the viewers and OAP's.  I hate when I'm looking at something online and she's the one in the video.  Move along shawn, you're toast! 

Share Post

2 hours ago, Samm said:

Jane shoe shopping.  Disgusting keeps changing shoes in her bare feet !!  Ugh !

Probably why "as-is" shoes are so discounted.?

Share Post

Peace Love World throws and pillows. So stupid. So cheap looking. Shawn and Alina. So stupid. So annoying. Can't believe they have more junk coming in the pipeline. Blech !

Share Post

PLW thought she was being oh, so clever with her "subtle" political message about her pillows, i.e. "we live in terrible times and we all need to love more and this pillow will help".  Ugh!

The moron with her nodded her head in agreement. 

Share Post

4 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

PLW thought she was being oh, so clever with her "subtle" political message about her pillows, i.e. "we live in terrible times and we all need to love more and this pillow will help".  Ugh!

Which is why I hate Mr. Pillow with his equally subtle "get the rest God intended you to have."  

Share Post

15 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

If you need a hook to sell your junk, it's not worth a damn.

Share Post

And she seems to be adopting the sales "technique" discussed earlier. 

With the Skechers TSV she said not buying it was no skin off her back.

Basically,  giving the middle finger to shoppers... .she doesn't care if you don't order when she's on, because she'll be fine.

This situation if she continues it really is totally Effed-Up.

Share Post

14 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Basically,  giving the middle finger to shoppers... .she doesn't care if you don't order when she's on, because she'll be fine.

Insulting to the viewer million times over, 

#cantwatchanymore

Share Post

On 11/15/2018 at 1:14 PM, Booney said:

It's also a damned lie since hosts ARE scored on sales numbers. They do care and care very much. Shawn seemed VERY salty at Doris Dalton the other day for not getting the launch of some Doll 10 product. Why do u think she was so salty? Because some massive # of the product had ALREADY sold hours before Shawn's Shit Show lol which takes away from her precious Shit Show numbers. Had the product launched during SSS, Shawn would have gotten the sales and the credit for those sales. Doris was schmoozing her telling her she loves her but at the end of the day we know what it comes down to... $$$$ and Doris doesn't give a shit about Shawn's Shit Show, she just wants to make her own sales.

If the hosts  don't give a damn, why don't they all just be quiet for a few secs and let the product sell itself. Better yet, do away with hosts all together lol.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

This is starting to anger me. if they don't care, then by all means go away. Set up the product and see if it sells itself because I don't need a host or oap essentially telling me they're "just there so they won't get fined" lol

Edited by SnowDazed.

Share Post

This tickles me every time I come in here LOLOLOL. Why do I feel as if she's seen it and has it saved to her phone or computer LMAOOOOOOO?

Actually Shawn rhymes with Don depending on how u pronounce it, so it could say the The Teflon Shawn LOL.

Edited by SnowDazed.

Share Post

28 minutes ago, SnowDazed said:

This is starting to anger me. if they don't care, then by all means go away. Set up the product and see if it sells itself because I don't need a host or oap essentially telling me they're "just there so they won't get fined" lol

Robot selling comes to mind.  Shopping online has become very popular because it's much easier than going out.  If these sellers keep on insulting us, being silly, etc. more and more will go to the sites and do their shopping there without the interference of sorting through all the shananigans in order to decide if they want to buy the item.  

Share Post

5 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I am waiting for Shawn to take a shit in her own hat.

Share Post

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I'm sure Skunky knows nothing about politics or any other current events.

Share Post

If we have to depend on some company's pillow to save us from "terrible times", we might as well just bend over and kiss our asses goodbye. ?

What really aggravates me about her on-air behavior is her unprofessionalism. As someone who dealt with the public, it appalls me.

Share Post

2 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

If we have to depend on some company's pillow to save us from "terrible times", we might as well just bend over and kiss our asses goodbye. ?

What really aggravates me about her on-air behavior is her unprofessionalism. As someone who dealt with the public, it appalls me.

my kids who has a part time job at a donut chain has better CS skills 

Share Post

5 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I'm sure Skunky knows nothing about politics or any other current events.

Except for Prince Harry's wedding! I'll bet she was following every news item about it.

Share Post

11 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

If we all see this I really wonder why don't the higher ups do NOT see this? My SIL loves her and I used to enjoy her but not anymore...then I told her why.

My SIL  said she doesn't see those traits in Shawn...but she did say "she gets all calm and serious when selling jewelry items"

I said it is because it's her own stuff or she helped design it.. thus she's a now a star and comes off calm and more serious wanting us to really get into it and BUY.

Share Post

22 hours ago, Benji said:

Peace Love World throws and pillows. So stupid. So cheap looking. Shawn and Alina. So stupid. So annoying. Can't believe they have more junk coming in the pipeline. Blech !

@Benji Agree and that PLW line is so silly IMHO.. Shawn kisses that woman's a$$ in Macy's window every time I see them on. I bet ya she is doing so to get her own design on one of her products one day...inching her way in doing it so insidiously.

Share Post

23 hours ago, AnnaCody said:

The little girl behavior is really starting to get on my nerves.  The head tilting, the clapping her hands like a two year old, the little girl voice and the demeaning way she talks to the viewers and OAP's.  I hate when I'm looking at something online and she's the one in the video.  Move along shawn, you're toast! 

Shawn says:

misc pics you're just jealous cartoon.jpg

Share Post

13 hours ago, Puddy said:

I am waiting for Shawn to take a shit in her own hat.

so blunt.. love it

Share Post

18 hours ago, SnowDazed said:

This tickles me every time I come in here LOLOLOL. Why do I feel as if she's seen it and has it saved to her phone or computer LMAOOOOOOO?

Actually Shawn rhymes with Don depending on how u pronounce it, so it could say the The Teflon Shawn LOL.

@SnowDazed I bet she does peek here one day....who could resist? I'm sure at least someone in her family must have made a visit here if she doesn't. I can picture them taking screen shots of Booney's classics and sharing them. Can u imagine?!

Here outside o' Philly we would say Shawn in the the opposite way of Don, that's more like Cali accent or Midwest maybe?

Don't like that strong Philly accent so many of us have, some are so strong it's not esthetically sounding at all lol!

Share Post

59 minutes ago, Auntmimi777 said:

@SnowDazed I bet she does peek here one day....who could resist? I'm sure at least someone in her family must have made a visit here if she doesn't. I can picture them taking screen shots of Booney's classics and sharing them. Can u imagine?!

Here outside o' Philly we would say Shawn in the the opposite way of Don, that's more like Cali accent or Midwest maybe?

Don't like that strong Philly accent so many of us have, some are so strong it's not esthetically sounding at all lol!

Yup, I'm a Queens gal and of course the aw in Shawn had a pretty hard sound. But since I moved upstate my Queens accent wore off so Shawn and don rhyme almost lol.

8 hours ago, Auntmimi777 said:

@Benji Agree and that PLW line is so silly IMHO.. Shawn kisses that woman's a$$ in Macy's window every time I see them on. I bet ya she is doing so to get her own design on one of her products one day...inching her way in doing it so insidiously.

they all kiss Alina'a arse sooo badly. I HATE it.

Share Post

On 11/15/2018 at 10:34 AM, BitterApple said:

Color me confused as well. Sharon could be a little over the top with her foodgasms during Gourmet Holiday, but she was always pleasant and presented herself well. I don't understand this hold Shawn has over QVC that allows her to get away with such unprofessional behavior. Imagine a client or customer coming into your job and you telling them "I don't care if you do business with us or not. I get paid either way." How long do you think you'd still be working there? It's mind boggling.

@BitterApple funny my SIL whose 14 years older then me loves her, maybe it's an age thing? naaa 

BUT did say she hated her food shows and how awful she eats on tv lol.

I said "like she's having "foodgasims?" she chuckled sheepishly...yeah!" tee hee

I hear you and do not get it as far as Shawn still being on prime time and hows she has been.

It has been more so since this baby came into her life..just something I've personally noted.

Maybe she doesn't want to be on Q it kinda shows DUH. I always mention here on the forum why don't the higher ups take notice have they no eyes or sense? (well when DV wears that fat vest and looks like Santa I guess they dont have eyes to stop the man before heading on stage! Even in Q product reviews you see people slipping in complaints about her.. how she yaps but doesn't talk about the presentations...and this is on the reviews. Something is seriously wrong I am sure they get letters all the time about her and sadly she was on I enjoyed!

Share Post

OMG, she quite literally looks like a pig in this photo.  No offense to actually piggies anywhere.  In fact, real pigs are cuter.

Share Post

13 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Except for Prince Harry's wedding! I'll bet she was following every news item about it.

The night before she was probably sticking pins in a Meghan Markle voodoo doll wailing "It should've been meeeeeeee.....".

Share Post