Series Anticipation: Looking Forward to a Million Little Things

It gives off a very This Is Us vibe (I'm convinced the same people who make the TIU trailers made this one; it has the same sappy music and same flashy backgrounds in between the shots of the show). Is it a good thing that it's airing on another night, or not? Will it stand on its own or will the TIU comparisons be too much for the show? I really liked the trailer and I'm definitely tuning in, but I think that it could go either way for this show. Not because it doesn't look good, of course, but because it's going to rely heavily on the timing. 

Share Post

Yeah, it definitely feels like the TIU vibe was intentional...which I'm not happy about.  From what I've read, this show is supposed to be more "comedic" than TIU...which, if true, I am happy about.  And, so far, no one in the cast has told me I'm going to cry, so that's a plus.  But, I'll admit I'm just here for David Giuntoli.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

Yeah, it definitely feels like the TIU vibe was intentional...which I'm not happy about.  From what I've read, this show is supposed to be more "comedic" than TIU...which, if true, I am happy about.  And, so far, no one in the cast has told me I'm going to cry, so that's a plus.  But, I'll admit I'm just here for David Giuntoli.

I'm totally here for David Giuntoli. After having to stop watching Grimm due to its very poor writing and plot arcs, I've missed seeing David around. 

I think it has the potential to do really well. I've already read that the show has been sold global rights to CBS Studios International, which means it'll be distributed internationally. ABC is clearly trying to capitalize on the This Is Us success and I have a good feeling that it could do well. The show is going to air while TIU is starting its third season, it's on a different (later) night, AND if it does have more comedic moments, then that'll at least differentiate it from the schmaltzy NBC hit. 

Share Post

My friend, we are in the same boat--this is the second show I'll be watching just to watch actors I had to quit watching in the disaster that was Grimm. 

I do worry, though, that from what I've heard of this show, that there isn't that much actual *story* going on.  Of course, that didn't stop TIU (at least up until the middle of this past season, when I quit watching).  It's hard to tell from a trailer, so I am more than happy to be wrong on this count.  Still, this is the show I'm most excited about next season so I hope it all works out.

Oh, and I am glad to hear that we already know how the guy dies.  That already puts this one a good season and a half ahead....

Share Post

On May 16, 2018 at 5:47 PM, OtterMommy said:

From what I've read, this show is supposed to be more "comedic" than TIU..

Whew! Yeah, no gratutious tear jerking for me either.

On May 16, 2018 at 5:47 PM, OtterMommy said:

...which, if true, I am happy about.  And, so far, no one in the cast has told me I'm going to cry, so that's a plus.  But, I'll admit I'm just here for David Giuntoli.

and also Ron Livingston and Romany Malco, so I'll probably give it at least a 2-episode chance.

It's at least on my Google sheet for now.

Share Post