S16.E07: Petey IV 2017.11.19

On Thanksgiving weekend, Peter discovers an alternate ending in the Russian version of one of his favorite films and writes to Vladimir Putin, who comes to Quahog. Meanwhile, a strapped-for-cash Brian gets a job at a suicide hotline center and attempts to strike up a romance with a co-worker

Share Post

Yep, Brian still lives in the crappy apartment. And once again he reminds us why he sucks.

Heh, a reference to an old jelly commercial...which Peter then ruined by explaining the joke. I appreciated the callback, but still not worth it.

So Peter, Cleveland and Joe all skipped Thanksgiving to watch Rocky IV? I'll admit, I laughed at the Brigitte Nielsen joke.

"'A Million Ways to Die in The West?' No thank you." Ha.

"You have Simpsons?"
"We have Family Guy."

I like the Putin stuff, but this whole episode reminded me of the Liam Neeson episode.

Share Post

I didn't even know about the jelly cartoon til this episode.

Does it make me a bad person to enjoy watching Brian's life turn to shit? If so, I don't care.

Share Post

Cool of the show to continue the Brian plot. I hope they keep to it. 

2 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Heh, a reference to an old jelly commercial...which Peter then ruined by explaining the joke. I appreciated the callback, but still not worth it.

I wouldn't say it was ruined, since Peter correctly pointed out that most people wouldn't get it (I did), and they worked the joke all the way to the end with the meat jelly. That's been the show for a long time. And actually including the original commercial was funny. I mean, fanning an old woman with a platter. 

This was really funny all around. 

2 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

'A Million Ways to Die in The West?' No thank you." Ha.

Another good joke, but I actually liked the movie. 

I went to youtube to watch the Rocky-Drago fight, and the movie did the thing with the PA3 floating through the screen like they did here, which I figured. The actual Rocky-Drago fight was terrible in terms of boxing, which I think they pointed out here. I bring it up because I watch the Rocky-Mr T fight right after, and they were actually boxing. So just whatever. 

I was hoping they'd do Putin Chicken fight. 

Edited by ganesh.

Share Post

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Cool of the show to continue the Brian plot. I hope they keep to it. 

It'll probably be done by Christmas..

Share Post

I laughed more than I should have at the Polimer Fruit ad, the Peter explaining it to the youngsters (along with the plotholes), then followed it up withan aspis joke.

Share Post

I loved the All Fruit gag.  Kinda didn't like them explaining the joke.  But Peter was right that it was a lot funnier knowing the reference going in.  I remember that ad from the early 90s.  When my brother saw the guy who say "please pass the jelly" he had said "It's President Clinton!"

Share Post