S29.E03: Whistler's Father 2017.10.15

Homer discovers Maggie's whistling talent and launches her baby-celebrity career; When Marge impresses Fat Tony with her interior design taste, he hires her to style his brothel.

Share Post

Intro: Backwards!

Billboard: See Zombies and Ghouls. Visit your grandparents at Springfield Retirement Castle!

Chalkboard: It's Unfair to judge a president after his first 300 days

Couch Gag: Couches sit on Simpsons furniture. Freaky. Also a meta gag later in the episode (loved it)

We finally have an episode about the most uncharted of territories: How the house looks. Well, John liked the house. And also, Maggie can whistle. I really liked the animation for the whistling, esepcially for Abe.

"Warning: Zebra very well-endowed"
"String Cheese For Host Only"
"Festive Crime Scenes"

Lots of great signs tonight.

Fat Tony and the mob are always fun to see, especially watching them do mundane stuff like interior decorating. Man, Marge really got naive when it came to decorating a bordello. I thought she was better than that.

"We could both be good, like the South Park guys. But Trey does everything! TREY DOES EVERYTHING!" So true.

Share Post

I always love it when Homer and Maggie bond. Homer's fears about Maggie turning into a trainwreck child star were very legitimate. Good thing she was saved by a growing tooth.

18 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Man, Marge really got naive when it came to decorating a bordello. I thought she was better than that.

Seeing as how her intelligence has decreased more every season, I had no expectations.

Share Post

I loved the Bedknobs and Broomsticks baskets at the store. That's one of my favorite Disney movies.

I enjoyed this episode because Maggie doesn't get to do much, so it's fun for her to have a story, especially with Grandpa.

Share Post

On 10/15/2017 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

Intro: Backwards!

Billboard: See Zombies and Ghouls. Visit your grandparents at Springfield Retirement Castle!

Chalkboard: It's Unfair to judge a president after his first 300 days

Couch Gag: Couches sit on Simpsons furniture. Freaky. Also a meta gag later in the episode (loved it)

We finally have an episode about the most uncharted of territories: How the house looks. Well, John liked the house. And also, Maggie can whistle. I really liked the animation for the whistling, esepcially for Abe.

"Warning: Zebra very well-endowed"
"String Cheese For Host Only"
"Festive Crime Scenes"

Lots of great signs tonight.

Fat Tony and the mob are always fun to see, especially watching them do mundane stuff like interior decorating. Man, Marge really got naive when it came to decorating a bordello. I thought she was better than that.

"We could both be good, like the South Park guys. But Trey does everything! TREY DOES EVERYTHING!" So true.

I liked that Principal Skinner, Supernintendo Chalmers (thank Ralph Wiggum for that), and Groundskeeper Willie were models for Marge's painting of the Scarecrow, Tin man, and Cowardly Lion.

Sign for the fountain in the Late Parent room: "If the water is gray, don't drink today".

That zebra warning at the Springfield Zoo was just so random, yet still funny.

Grandpa to the buzzard: "Go ahead, but my blood has turned to bile from watching Fox News"

Billboard seen by the Springfield Post Office: "Diamonds.  Because Money Equals Love"

Fat Tony:  "This is my new property. The original Springfield Post Office.  Jewel of the Implosion District."

Sign on the TV studio: Hot Shot Tots - Springfield Audition.  Teach Your Baby Disappointment

Hardware store name: Get It and Regret It Hardware

From Skyler Green's TV clip -- "And she was arrested twice for former cuteness under the Scott Baio Law"

Marge:  "Dim lighting. Honky Tonk piano. Anthony D'Amico, what is the repute of this house ?
Fat Tony: "Ill"

Legs putting stripper grease on the stripper pole, while Louie puts up a sandwich board that reads  'Like' us on Facebook

The book Marge is reading in bed at the end of the episode: Festive Crime Scenes

In the couch scene, Marge is the TV, Lisa is the standing lamp, Homer is the couch, Bart is the table lamp, and Lisa is the sailboat painting.

Even with the puzzle key Homer couldn't solve Maggie's puzzle.

WHIS -- the Whistle radio station

I like that Maggie still has the Happy Little Elves on her bedroom walls.

Magazine covers that Homer dreams that he will be on while faking Maggie's whistling talent -- Whistled By, Catcall Fancy, Tweeter's Digest.
Loved that while Homer got the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and Maggie got the Vice Presidential Medal of Envy.

Share Post