S02.E03: The Uprising 2017.10.11

Katie struggles with Taylor and Anna-Kat's defiance; Greg and Katie help Oliver come to terms with an embarrassing moment in ballet class

Share Post

The woman with fake armpit hair haha. 

Katy is too mean.  Taking everything away from Taylor including food for dying her hair.  Too harsh. 

Share Post

I'm no pushover but I thought Katy was mean too.  It's not like Taylor dyed her hair blue or anything.  It actually looked very nice.  A lot of parents these days are the opposite of Katy like her friend Angela.  No special snowflakes in that home!  Well, except for Ana-Kat, because she would be one anyway.

Plus they have to stop dressing Katy in those baggy plaid shirts.  They're not a good look for her and they make her look frumpy.  I didn't mind the other tops she wore in this episode, though.  Well, we know for sure now that Oliver is straight, LOL.  "Schwing"!  And I would rather have a root canal than be forced to read Greg's book, and I majored in Philosophy!

Share Post

Katy was too mean in this episode but since this is a comedy I don't take anything she says too seriously. My sons are both in college now so this is a reminder of how it was when my kids were younger, and that makes me laugh.

I think Katy gave birth back in May and the show resumed filming shortly after that, so I'll give them a pass on dressing her in frumpy clothes. She was pregnant the entire time that season 1 was filmed, and it took a lot of cleverness by the producers/make up artists to hide the pregnancy for that long. After I had my kids, I still looked pregnant for a good 3-4 months. 

Share Post

I thought this episode was hilarious, and I don't care if Katie was mean.  I liked that it showed the two extremes of parenting.  Doris is a nightmare and Angela's - be my kids' best friend/how do you feel - type parenting is even worse.  I'm glad Katie found more of a middle ground that works for her.

Share Post

Given that Greg was wearing boxer shorts, it's awfully lucky for him that when Katy yanked down his pants she didn't yank down his shorts with them.

I, too, felt like the punishment didn't fit Taylor's crime. I'm not sure how I feel about Anna-Kat wanting to go vegan. Do you indulge a kid that age, or do you stay old school and tell them they'll eat what you made or go hungry?

Share Post

Katy did go to far in dealing with Taylor.  I think Taylor was being disrespectful in her attitude and needed some discipline.  Teenagers will all get too big for their britches as they try to assert their independence, it's just the nature of the beast.  So many parents knuckle under and allow their children to walk all over them.  I admire the fact that Katy would not allow Taylor to treat her with disrespect.  Did she go too far, hell yes but it's tv.  I think suspending a teen's phone and not giving them those extra things like new clothes, cd, computer games, IPads or driving privileges until attitudes are turned around is a smart move for parents.  Why should disrespect and bad behavior be rewarded?  

Share Post

My neighbor had a daughter who went vegetarian at age 11. It was difficult for awhile but the family did adapt. It didn't last more than 2 years. My one niece went vegan in high school and that lasted for over 10 years. After trying to accomodate her for awhile, my sister finally told her she needed to prepare most of her own food. My niece had a job and was also driving, which made things easier. She kept a small separate fridge for herself too. Funny thing, she started this when she was 15 and many years later, decided to go for a master's degree in gastronomy. I told her at the time that being vegan, maybe it wasn't a good idea. But 3 months after she started grad school, she went full on back to being a carnivore again. But I think someone Anna Kat's age, (8?) can easily change their mind about many things so I wouldn't take it too seriously. 

Share Post