My Gift Is Prophecy: Spoilers, Speculation and Wishlist

My first wish, now that the Stan Lee cameo is in, is for a second link to the movie verse. With the X-Men "away" and probably no chance to get one last appearance out of Hugh Jackman then I would like to see Rebecca Romijn's Mystique in a role like Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury did in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D first season

Share Post

I wish that the FOX owned Marvel could start to interact with the MCU proper (a la S:H).

A nod or two to the incident in New York, the Sokovia accords, Infinity Stones, StarLord, Pym Industries, etc. etc.

I sincerely doubt I'll get my wish considering there are hordes of attorneys waiting and watching for any infringement of intellectual property, but a girl can dream. 

Share Post

Here's a wish: that they stop with the silly episode titles. They're really gonna have to reach to keep coming up with words with the letter 'x' in them.

Share Post

The show will be canceled because, Bryan Singer. But will the series finish the season run?

Share Post

Looks like it'll finish the season run, but the Disney purchase is the dirt filling the grave, I think.

Share Post

14 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

I just read this was renewed on a website called renewcanceltv.

This isn't exactly a reliable site. They certainly make educated guesses on if a show is renewed or not, and they do report renewals as they come. But some of their information is not entirely accurate, and unless it gets reported by other news sites, I tend to not believe them. They've said a bunch of shows have been cancelled when the networks most likely haven't made a decision, and probably won't until the new year. It may be likely to be renewed, but it's not officially renewed. 

Share Post

X-MEN PRODUCER WELCOMES AVENGERS–X-MEN CROSSOVER, WEIGHS IN ON HOLLYWOOD HARASSMENT
by Fred Topel | January 5, 2018 
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/x-men-producer-lauren-shuler-donner-on-avengers-x-men-and-hollywood-harassment/

Lauren Shuler Donner, who produced all the X-Men movies, is executive producer on TV shows The Gifted and Legion, and will surely have some say in the franchise’s next steps, offered fans a ray of hope.
Fox just announced it was renewing The Gifted for a second season. The X-Men series centers on the Mutant Underground, on the run from Sentinel Services. Season 1 has been a lot of running and fighting. Season 2 is going to have time to see if the Mutant Underground can get along with each other.

“Hopefully season 2 will let us explore a little bit more their own conflicts and the interdynamics, where they’re going,” Shuler Donner said. “You’ll see what happens in the final episode.”

Don’t get too excited about all the Trask Industries logos around the sets of The Gifted, though. Comic book readers recognize the company, but Trask Industries namesake Bolivar Trask already appeared in an X-Men movie, played by Peter Dinklage in Days of Future Past. The character will not appear on The Gifted.

“Basically we don’t want what you see in the movies to come into the TV show,” Shuler Donner said. “We want our own world. Yes, it’s Trask Industries, but no, he’s not going to show up.”

Edited by tv echo.

Share Post

One wish is for them to start writing for Amy Acker to exploit her talents as a cold-blooded killer a la PoI's Root.  My most fervent wish is that they never, ever, ever dream up a character for Stephen Moyer's real-life wife Anna Paquin to play.   That would make me violently ill. 

Share Post

On 1/17/2018 at 4:33 AM, navelgazer said:

One wish is for them to start writing for Amy Acker to exploit her talents as a cold-blooded killer a la PoI's Root.  My most fervent wish is that they never, ever, ever dream up a character for Stephen Moyer's real-life wife Anna Paquin to play.   That would make me violently ill. 

She’s already Rogue in the movie franchise, so they technically wouldn’t have to dream up anything.

Share Post

2 hours ago, bow said:

She’s already Rogue in the movie franchise, so they technically wouldn’t have to dream up anything.

Paquin's version of Rogue took the cure, though, at least in that timeline. 

Share Post