Jump to content

All Episodes Talk: Running and Baking

Do you think Jason and Marcella are getting all matchy-matchy as an homage to Johnny and Tara or did they think they were being original?

5

Share Post


Link to post

I’m glad Adam won. I would have loved to have tasted all of their cakes from the finale. Chocolate and caramel! 😋 

8

Share Post


Link to post

I agree!  I’m a big fan of Jean-Francois but Adam was a notch above all season.  So enjoyed the friendly rapport between these final 3.  Gorgeous works they did.  

And I’m a lone voice, I guess, but I really like Scott Conant.  He’s genial and fun and runs a good ship.  Yes, his suits don’t flatter him but I don’t think he cares! 

It was a fun season.  Beautiful bakes and good folks w a deserving winner. 

13

Share Post


Link to post

No surprise that Adam won. (I thought his cake looked a hot mess, though. Less is more at times.) 

I am always surprised by the cheapness of these shows. 7 episodes these people worked and provided entertainment for the viewer and the winner got $25,000 and the rest bupkis. Not that $25,000 is anything to sneeze at, but still. 

6

Share Post


Link to post
8 hours ago, dgpolo said:

Do you think Jason and Marcella are getting all matchy-matchy as an homage to Johnny and Tara or did they think they were being original?

That was the first thought that came into my head.  Marcella, with her hairdo, was taking on the Johnny role. 

3

Share Post


Link to post

Happy with the top 3 and happy with the winner... what more could you ask for?

Well, you could ask for Scott Conant to get a new stylist. He was dressed like evil corporate Willy Wonka last night!

I audibly gasped when Lasheeda was stacking her Sacher Torte and the jam basically shot out the sides... that's how much of a baking nerd I am!

2

Share Post


Link to post
13 hours ago, dgpolo said:

Do you think Jason and Marcella are getting all matchy-matchy as an homage to Johnny and Tara or did they think they were being original?

Ugh....Won't be watching the Tara and Johnny "aren't we the most wonderful things you've ever seen in your life" show.

Honestly,  I would have been happy with any of the final three.  For me, Adam's cake had way, way to much going on.  The cake got lost in the decorations, but based on the judges comments, he hit absolutely everything else spot on and he'd been the most consistent baker of the 3 for the duration of the show.  

2

Share Post


Link to post

I thought it was funny in the final discussion just before the "reveal" Scott said something like Adam tried so much, that he made a few mistakes. I don't recall them mentioning a single mistake when they were speaking to him! I think they were just trying to pretend it was a horse race. It was painfully obvious that Lasheeda wasn't going to win (her cake did look like it was going to tip over), and that Adam was a step or two ahead of Jean Francois. The only thing they "criticized" Adam for was that it didn't need the half coconut decoration. Ok....

4

Share Post


Link to post

I like Scott Conant, too. As others have said, he just needs a new stylist. His tie last night was distracting. It looked like a Windsor knot gone wild!

I think Marcella is beautiful. I actually liked the hair decoration. Suitable for a coronation.

As for Tara and Johnny, I like him, but, I was a Michelle Kwan fan, so I can never warm up to her. They are good as commentators, but I don’t like their whacky duo stchick.

Edited by LittleIggy.
6

Share Post


Link to post

Don't get me wrong, I started this season with a side eye for Scott.  I have been proven wrong.  He was a genial, fun host.  He knows enough about baking to converse (but still not enough to advise) and I liked his back and forth with the contestants.  I still think his wardrobe was heinous.  

I knew Adam was going to win.  His cake looked a bit kitchen sink to me and he got called out on that.  Jean-Francois could keep up but I don't think his ideas are as new and fresh, he's pretty happy with status quo flavors.  Lasheeda did as well as she could with these two competitors.  She's very personable and I liked her.  I just thought she was a bit out of her league.  Especially after her rather sloppy sachertorte.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Oh, and looking at Adam last night, I have decided who he reminds me of. 

He's CLARK KENT.  Swear.  Hand to heaven.  He was looking for a telephone booth after his win, I know he was.

8

Share Post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Destiny74 said:

He's CLARK KENT. 

you are absolutely right!

2

Share Post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

Oh, and looking at Adam last night, I have decided who he reminds me of. 

He's CLARK KENT.  Swear.  Hand to heaven.  He was looking for a telephone booth after his win, I know he was.

I felt that for a while, I thought it was just me.

1

Share Post


Link to post

I thought Adam was consistently the best throughout the competition.  He had a couple minor missteps but he's really a master in his field.  I was very happy that he won.  I liked both Jean-Francois and Lasheeda a lot but I thought Adam did better overall.  I was disappointed that they didn't show him cutting that cake.  It was so complex that I wanted to see how he did it.

Adam does look like Clark Kent but I think he's probably too big to change in a phone booth.  

What on earth was Marcela wearing?  She appeared to be in costume both last week and this and not in a good way.  Yike.

4

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mlp said:

I thought Adam was consistently the best throughout the competition.  He had a couple minor missteps but he's really a master in his field.  I was very happy that he won.  I liked both Jean-Francois and Lasheeda a lot but I thought Adam did better overall.  I was disappointed that they didn't show him cutting that cake.  It was so complex that I wanted to see how he did it.

Adam does look like Clark Kent but I think he's probably too big to change in a phone booth.  

What on earth was Marcela wearing?  She appeared to be in costume both last week and this and not in a good way.  Yike.

I agree about Adam - I was very happy he won. He put it all out there and mostly achieved what he attempted.

1

Share Post


Link to post

I was a little surprised they didn't pay some homage to an American dessert--like apple pie--since they had all of these international desserts going on.  Those chocolate cakes looked so moist and yummy; I'm sure I gained weight just by looking at them.  Wonder who eats all the leftover food cooked on FN every day.  They should have a studio audience where they pass out leftovers.  I'll take a slice of chocolate cake, please, but I'll pass on anything prepared on "Chopped."  I hoped Jean-Francois would win.  When they announced that Adam won, I was darn near as upset as a billy goat that got its tail caught in the barn, or something like that.  Buh-bye, Jason.

Edited by Ilovecomputers.
4

Share Post


Link to post
8 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Honestly,  I would have been happy with any of the final three.  For me, Adam's cake had way, way to much going on.  The cake got lost in the decorations, but based on the judges comments, he hit absolutely everything else spot on and he'd been the most consistent baker of the 3 for the duration of the show.  

I feel the same way.  There were a couple of times that Adam almost did himself in by doing too much with his presentation.  I think he was just so eager to impress the judges that he went a little over the top at times.  I'm happy that they acknowledged Lasheeda's skill with combining flavors.  What she lacked in presentation, she made up for in tastiness!   I would happily try any of their creations.  

5

Share Post


Link to post

Very happy that Adam won. I found his cake robe just a little too fussy, but understand that he was showcasing his skills.

1

Share Post


Link to post

I'd want to eat Adam's sacher torte, Jean-Francois's bonbons and Lasheeda's cake.  I do think the right person won when taking into consideration both challenges...not that I thought there was much of a chance of Adam losing and coming in second place again.

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/19/2018 at 1:15 AM, Juneau Gal said:

No surprise that Adam won. (I thought his cake looked a hot mess, though. Less is more at times.) 

I am always surprised by the cheapness of these shows. 7 episodes these people worked and provided entertainment for the viewer and the winner got $25,000 and the rest bupkis. Not that $25,000 is anything to sneeze at, but still. 

Yes, agreed!  I just watched a few eps of Nailed It! on Netflix and the winner of each show there gets $10K for doing just two challenges, usually having done them badly but less badly than the other contestants! 

1

Share Post


Link to post

Yay for Adam!  I visited my sister earlier this month & we made a trip to Mystic just to go to his bakery; we each bough cookies & a Sift hoodie!

3

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/19/2018 at 1:15 AM, Juneau Gal said:

No surprise that Adam won. (I thought his cake looked a hot mess, though. Less is more at times.) 

I am always surprised by the cheapness of these shows. 7 episodes these people worked and provided entertainment for the viewer and the winner got $25,000 and the rest bupkis. Not that $25,000 is anything to sneeze at, but still. 

The Spring Baking Championship prize is $50K, so it makes no sense that this show's prize is half of that.

2

Share Post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

The Spring Baking Championship prize is $50K, so it makes no sense that this show's prize is half of that.

Maybe because the Best Baker folks don't have to deal with the more ridiculous challenges they do on the X Baking Championship shows - I'd probably give up half a prize to not put up with that nonsense.

4

Share Post


Link to post
7 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Yay for Adam!  I visited my sister earlier this month & we made a trip to Mystic just to go to his bakery; we each bough cookies & a Sift hoodie!

And how was the cookie? I'm going to Mystic in a few weeks and I plan to stop at Sift.

I agree with everyone that Adam was the best all season. Enjoyable finale and a well-deserved win.

1

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, librarianbeck said:

And how was the cookie? I'm going to Mystic in a few weeks and I plan to stop at Sift.

I agree with everyone that Adam was the best all season. Enjoyable finale and a well-deserved win.

Not quite as good as the cookies from Magnolia Market, but... very good!  We got there late in the day (about 20 minutes before they closed) so the selection was limited, but we were still glad we went. 

1

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now