The Contestants: Leftover Desserts?

Haven't we seen several of these folks before? I know that Aldaberto, Cheryl, Susanna and Dwayne have been in previous competitions.

Share Post

Margarita and her husband Manbun Lee need to stop entering cooking competitions.  They don't do well.

Share Post

Actually, Philip did quite well on FN.  He won Chopped, GGG and CK and even turned up as a judge on both GGG and BBF.  He was a disaster on Top Chef.

I didn't realize Margarita was his wife until after she was eliminated and someone mentioned it here.

Share Post

Yeah, thank you for that info, susannot. Didn't know that. Now I want to go back and watch it again to see if she annoys me like her husband did - lol

Edited by tobeannounced.

Share Post

I didn't know that about Margarita, either. Now I don't mind that she was eliminated!

I remember Cheryl from season 3 of the Holiday Baking Championship, which Jason won. Some of the others seemed familiar, but I may have only seen snippets of them elsewhere, not the entire season or episode they were on.

Edited by Passing Strange.

Share Post

Andy is a pain in the butt.

I remember Sherry from season three of HBC, but I'm surprised she didn't say anything about Jason being a judge.

Also, I remember Albert too, from Season 2 of HBC.

Share Post

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, susannot said:

Margarita and her husband Manbun Lee need to stop entering cooking competitions.  They don't do well.

I thought that was Philip's wife - I knew someone here would know.

Share Post

I'm very late to the party but how can the "Best" baker in America be somebody who has already lost on other lame baking shows? I don't know why I expected this show to be different.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Qoass said:

I'm very late to the party but how can the "Best" baker in America be somebody who has already lost on other lame baking shows? I don't know why I expected this show to be different.

That is just the title of the show and means nothing.  Like Dancing with the Stars doesn't mean the contestants are stars.  

Share Post

13 hours ago, Qoass said:

It is different.  It's no-gimmick straight baking which why the "losers" are making more impressive entries this time.

Edited by Irlandesa.

Share Post

On 10/23/2017 at 9:19 AM, Qoass said:

This show's purpose is specifically to give eliminated-from-other-competitions bakers another chance in a competition. A chance to become the Best Baker in America. That's what I think it really means.

Share Post

Cheryl (wasn't that her name?) didn't do so well on her second chance.  I thought for a while that she'd win it.  I hoped that Adalberto would win, but he's gone now, too.  That leaves me rooting hard for Dwayne.  He seems so sweet and so happy when they tell him he's done well.  Thiago will be hard to beat, though, I think.  He's too far out there for me in terms of design.

Edited by Lura.

Share Post

I hope Dwayne gets a chance to judge or even have his own show. I really liked him and he seemed very knowledgeable, even more than Andy who apparently teaches this stuff. He had a nice combination of down-home style with the technicalities of baking. Plus it would be nice to have some diversity at the table.

Share Post