S07.E03: Monster Party 2017.10.15

The final four teams, consisting of an expert pumpkin carver, a cake artist, and a sugar artist, compete to create unique and appetizing Halloween-themed displays that capture what occurs when all of the most macabre monsters throw their own party.

Share Post

Those rhymed descriptions are so awkward they're embarrassing.

I was relieved to see Tator and his delusions depart.  I lost count of the number of times he claimed his team was better than everyone else - which it clearly wasn't.  Even I know you can't put fondant directly on something wet like pumpkin.  Don't these people watch this show?  I think that team's small scare was the worst one any team has ever made.

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought the tasting element was supposed to be a drink.  Two of them were definitely not liquid and the judges didn't say anything so maybe not.

Share Post

Tator's gone.   YAY!!!  Overgrown leprechaun thinking he's all that as a carver.  The other carvers are much better.  Now, to get rid of the limerick queen.

Share Post

I find myself torn on limerick queen, because I do think that presenting their creation with a little rhyme is kind of a cute idea, something fun and different... but the rhymes so far have been terrible and annoying SO I'd be fine if she gets eliminated in the next round.

Not having to see Tater's aghast face unable to understand why their crap work continues to get bad marks anymore is a high point. That small scare, what the what?! I was glad the judges said they didn't have any idea what it was supposed to be because I sure didn't either.

Morbid Masterminds are still my favorite to win it all but I'd be fine with the winners from last night as their work is excellent as well.

Share Post

I agree with JessDVD, Morbid Masterminds and Ghouled are my favs. They are reminiscent of the artistry from seasons past. Ghouled's creation last night was awesome and kudos to the lady who sculpts the figures and gets the anatomy so right.  No one on Tater's team knew what they were doing. From carving to painting to design, they shouldn't have been chosen for this competition. I want to try Christoff's severed tongue tasting element. 

Share Post

When Tator gets eliminated: 👏🏾😀😆! No more "unneeded story time"! I like the other teams except the Scare Snactics. The girl Bria is so arrogant.

Share Post

I was waiting for Jonathan to say something like "sorry tator, but you've been mashed.  You're done in this Halloween War."  

You have to assume so much of the banter is strongly encouraged by the production staff because the contestants say the dumbest stuff:  "YOU HAVE TO HURRY!"  "MAKE IT LOOK GOOD!"  "DON'T DROP THAT!"  well gee that's helpful advice, thank you!

Share Post

Okay, Tator's gone (he should never have been there in the first place) and so Halloween Wars you've redeemed yourself a bit from the Underbaker fiasco last year BUT we need more teams like the two good teams this week. Less drama, more talent.

If you ever pull the "but drama" thing again, we're through. No kidding. I won't even go to prom with you.

Share Post

On 10/15/2017 at 10:10 PM, LexieLily said:

Bria's got her whole team talking to the judges in limericks. Great.

Ughhh now that Tator Tot is gone, I hope she goes next because the limericks are so annoying.  Though Tator's team was the worst, the limerick's team creation wasn't as good as the other two, I thought.  The facial carvings on the werewolves were not in the same class at all as Morbid Masterminds or Ghouled.   I thought Ghouled had the best carved werewolf face but yeah, it was too pumpkin round but I can't fault their win.  I thought MM was the best overall presentation and the werewolf was really good but either winning would have made sense.

Both teams remind me of the zombie weddings from a few seasons ago, that's the one I always remember, they were gorgeous.

I always want to try the treats.

Share Post

I also want(ed) Scare Snactics and Spooky Boos to lose simply on principle of their terrible, terrible names.

I re-watched the end of the last one, and limerick queen's rhymes were atrocious. They better be eliminated next week.

Some of the things the contestants say seem to be organic and likely to have actually happened, but I agree that some of them seem like they must be producer-driven. Pretty sure your assistants know to hurry, to make things look good, and to not drop that. When they're asking each other how things look, or reacting to the time calls, I tend to think that seems more likely to have happened.

Share Post

Love Ghouled works so far but have been oddly blah with Morbid Masterminds.  I am just not as impressed as I am supposed to be.  Still, I know they are better than the limericks team.  Too bad for the pumpkin carver on the rhyming team.  He deserves better.

Share Post

I was so happy that Tator's gone! Now, if Briea were just to be eliminated and sent to a temple full of trash, I'd be even happier.

Share Post

No Tator, you don't get points for taking risks if you can't execute them.  I knew that putting fondant on the pumpkin might not have been a good idea, and in this case it highlighted the gaps in the torso of the wolf.   And you weren't the only one to do large characters.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:31 PM, mlp said:

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought the tasting element was supposed to be a drink.  Two of them were definitely not liquid and the judges didn't say anything so maybe not.

I thought they said they had to be inspired by a drink?

Share Post

I thought they said they had to be inspired by a drink?

You're right.  I half watched the rerun and that's exactly what they said.  

Share Post

No more limericks,

No more rhymes,

Scare Snactics is gone,

on to good times!

Share Post

Hee, hee, hee

so long, Brea

don't let the door hit thee!

Edited....oops! I think this should have gone under the next episode (episode 4)!!!!

Edited by Spunkygal.

Share Post

I liked the guy on the losing team and I felt sort of sorry for him having to work with those two women.  Their zombie scene wasn't bad at all but the other two were just better so the right team went home.

The team that made the Tator zombie were saying aloud that it was a tribute but I'll bet they really didn't like him any better than we did and it was really a giant joke.  They did a good job with it.  

I think both teams in the final two deserve to be there and I'll be happy with either one winning.

Edited by mlp. Reason: Wrong episode. Copying to correct one.

Share Post