S10.E07: Oh My, Versailles 2017.09.28

On 9/29/2017 at 9:59 AM, Barb1959 said:

When I think of all of the victims of the hurricane in Puerto Rico and how people are doing without food and water, it makes me sick to see such an obscene throwaway of money.  I realize  it's their money but I don't think they have ever heard of the old saying "less is more"  I  literally had tears in my eyes watching that show.  At least Jeff had the good sense to turn down that job!

You should watch the documentary. There is a particularly heartbreaking storyline with one of the nannies who: 

Spoiler

uses one of the kids' abandoned PLAYHOUSES as her own personal space, because it's the only place she feels she can make her own. It's also revealed that she hasn't been to see her family in the Philippines in 10 plus years, and it has never occurred to the Siegels to give her the money/time off to go to see them. 

I think the whole storyline was a just that, a storyline. I don't think Jeff was ever in danger at getting involved with those trashy grifters. 

Share Post

From the very first scene I dislike immensely and distrust completely this Gema nanny. She is not someone I would allow in my life. Bad vibes surround me as I watch. She is the female version of Andrew, a fraud just like him. 

I loved the parking deck scenes at the airport. It was typical Lewis and gang fun during routine life annoyances. 

I agree that this whole job is just filler. I think they would do a great job making this house fantastic if given freedom to make all the decisions but that ain't happening so there is no way Jeffrey will work for them. 

I continue to be amazed that I have gone from disliking Megan to enjoying her. I realize now that Vanina was the issue. She has been a drain on the show since her first day. Now that drippy, whiny Vanina is gone, the whole place is different. 

Funniest line of the whole show is when Gage realizes, after visiting the warehouse of ridiculousness, that when they get back to CA, he is going to have to refile all the file cabinets during Jeffrey's out there crazy purge. When others don't purge he has to double down on purging. 

Just to repeat, Gema is a scammer nanny. I have a sense about these things. 

Edited by stewedsquash.

Share Post

On 03/10/2017 at 1:09 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

I lost my son 8 years ago. Everyone grieves differently. You have to smile and put one foot in front of the other and TRY to keep living without your kid. It's hard. It's heartbreaking. It's tragic. It's unnatural.

I have lost many loved ones but I think the loss of a child must be unbearable. We never expect to outlive our children... I wish I knew the words that might convey some comfort to you Eurekagirl but I guess I can’t, so I will just say that I am glad you shared this .... it has given me some extra thankfulness today that I still have my four (now adult) children here. 

Share Post

Thank you CrinkleCutCat! It's been 8 years , 9 this Feb ('18) I still miss him every day but I have learned to carry on. But the first 3 or 4 years I was a MESS!!! Didn't think I'd ever get over the loss. But you do learn to live with it and not let it destroy you. I use my Aunt as an example, she had 10 kids, 2 drowned and she has buried 2 husbands. Last Sunday she got married---at 87! So, you have to keep going because you don't know what's around the corner. Peace and Love, EurekaGirl

Share Post

29 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Thank you CrinkleCutCat! It's been 8 years , 9 this Feb ('18) I still miss him every day but I have learned to carry on. But the first 3 or 4 years I was a MESS!!! Didn't think I'd ever get over the loss. But you do learn to live with it and not let it destroy you. I use my Aunt as an example, she had 10 kids, 2 drowned and she has buried 2 husbands. Last Sunday she got married---at 87! So, you have to keep going because you don't know what's around the corner. Peace and Love, EurekaGirl

One foot in front of the other and love who is still here; honour the memory of your lost loved one/s; remember them and live a good life for them. Absorb the support from strangers like me!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat.

Share Post

On 10/25/2017 at 5:55 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. My daughter's life long best friend lost her son 3 weeks before his second birthday.  She had found out she was pregnant the week before he passed away. She said that the pregnancy is the only thing that kept her going.   He would have turned 7 this past January.  She said that you never get over it but eventually you learn to adjust to the new normal. 

Share Post

On 10/25/2017 at 6:16 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

One foot in front of the other and love who is still here; honour the memory of your lost loved one/s; remember them and live a good life for them. Absorb the support from strangers like me!

So beautifully stated and straight from the heart! 

Share Post