S01.E10: Story Ten 2017.09.08

The locals of our little mountain town must deal with the consequences of their actions over the past few months.

Share Post

This series has had some hilarious moments, and I'm glad that the cop and the doctor have gotten together. But no one needed to see the old guy peeing. This show tries to hard to be "edgy".

Share Post

Yeah that was unnecessary. Fun episode otherwise. Glad to see it work out for everyone in the end. I loved how everyone who knew her was so apathetic to Vivian.

It was nice to see all of call backs to the other guests and great continuity on not including Trina and Blake or Tommy and Marla as they we not official guests of Froggy Bottom. I didn't warm up to this show at first, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I'll be back for season 2.

I wonder if season 2 will continue with Froggy Bottom or move somewhere new. 

Share Post

On 9/29/2017 at 3:59 PM, peeayebee said:

I won't be back for S2. Greg Garcia can do better than this.

I agree. I watched most of the episodes (I skipped a couple), and it just never connected with me. I didn't like most of the guest stories, I hated the fat stripper, and the doctor,  cop, and innkeeper and his wife were nonentities. The only character I felt any sympathy for was the stripper's stepson.

Share Post

I somehow missed Ep. 9, so I was glad for the recap. I howled when the white guy said he'd finally watched it and it wasn't his thing.

I enjoyed this show more than I didn't -- and the first comment I ever made about it still stands, that a lot of the bad language distracts from the show, rather than adding to it. As MaryMitch says, it's trying too hard to be edgy. It shows, like a teenager trying to casually sprinkle newly learned profanities into a conversation. (I'm not a prude, and I do turn the air blue more than I should admit, but I try to make it appropriate to time and place!)

Under it all, it's a quirky show about losers trying not to be losers, and I enjoyed that.

Loved this episode's roll call of previous guests, loved that the guest book played a role in the final resolution of the plot arc, and especially loved that they figured out a way to get the band who've been performing so well throughout the show into the show itself.

I'll be back, and I hope the growing pains of this season can be less obvious in Season 2.

Share Post

On 10/8/2017 at 2:14 AM, ChicagoCita said:

I'll be back, and I hope the growing pains of this season can be less obvious in Season 2.

Me, too. It's just the kind of silliness that I need some days after a fuc....uh...challenging work week. 

Bourbon on the rocks and Greg Garcia...

Ahhhhhhh....

Share Post