Season Four Discussion

5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I think the film company was involved in a lawsuit with TLC?, which delayed  editing etc. same reason the Little Couple didn’t have as many episodes,,

Thank you for answering this and my other question!

Edited by Kid.

Share Post

Are they ever coming back ? I do enjoy this show, although Jonah really seems like he has checked out of being filmed

Share Post

According to their Facebook page they’ll be back October 30 for a new season.

Share Post

I am finally seeing the previews for the upcoming season, I wonder what happened to their new house that they may lose it all 

Share Post

On 10/10/2018 at 12:03 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am finally seeing the previews for the upcoming season, I wonder what happened to their new house that they may lose it all 

I caught some of the previews of the shows that are upcoming, what I gathered is that mom & dad want to go into business for themselves and must have mortgaged the house.

Share Post

I've been seeing reruns in the early mornings of this show. I may be in the minority, but I can't stand Trent. He seems to always be making sexual comments. Once in a while, fine, but it just seems he is a total horndog and it's gross. He also looks mean, like you wouldn't want to mess with him. 

Share Post

I agree with you on the sex talk.  It's not cute or funny.

Share Post

Last season they were looking into buying a new house. I wonder if they sold the old one before they completely had the new one.

Share Post

Wonder if Alex will still be a spoiled baby in the next season

Share Post

Agree too about the constant sex talk, either by innuendo or directly while Amber giggles!  Gross and is not a picture I want.  

Alex is indeed spoiled!  I am noticing a lot of weight on him along with everybody else in the previews!!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn.

Share Post

caught some re-runs on at lunch, the episode where Anna had bet Elizabeth she couldn't push herself up the ramp with no assistance. Trent clearly helped her, he was holding her chair so she wouldn't roll back, do I blame him, no. However, Elizabeth COULDN'T PUSH HERSELF UP THE RAMP WITH NO ASSISTANCE. I know Anna has had some issues, based on the show, & it makes me wonder if she feels like she's not treated the same as the others. I had a step parent, I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about Amber, maybe I'm wrong........

Share Post

3 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

caught some re-runs on at lunch, the episode where Anna had bet Elizabeth she couldn't push herself up the ramp with no assistance. Trent clearly helped her, he was holding her chair so she wouldn't roll back, do I blame him, no. However, Elizabeth COULDN'T PUSH HERSELF UP THE RAMP WITH NO ASSISTANCE. I know Anna has had some issues, based on the show, & it makes me wonder if she feels like she's not treated the same as the others. I had a step parent, I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about Amber, maybe I'm wrong........

I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling either. From either of them actually. They are just very matter of fact. And in the previews, she is telling the kids they may lose their house -- who does that? That isn't something to tell little kids. 

Share Post

6 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling either. From either of them actually. They are just very matter of fact. And in the previews, she is telling the kids they may lose their house -- who does that? That isn't something to tell little kids. 

More TLC manufactured drama, selling themselves out for a paycheck.

Share Post

7 hours ago, thebigboot said:

More TLC manufactured drama, selling themselves out for a paycheck.

The last two "seasons" they had the preview over and over of the father's truck on fire (making us think something really bad happened) and then then preview of Alex serious health news. TLC is editting the previews for drama. My thought is that the Johnstons don't have the same producer power as some of the other families. 

When I saw the preview about buying a new house and losing it all, it made me not want to watch. I remember they had a modes track home in the first season. Then they bought their dream fixer upper. I felt kind of bad for the older kids about how long the remodel took. Trent said it was their forever home, and I thought the older kids will be close to college when it is done but I respected  paid off, do it yourself project. Moving to a big new house turns me off. 

Share Post

I watched the show this week and Elizabeth's situation actually made me tear up.  I forget the ex-boyfriend's name, but he TEXTED her that he was breaking up with her.  She was so looking forward to her 16th birthday so she would be able to "officially" date him.  He was her first love and what woman doesn't remember her first love at 15 or 16?   When it happened to me, the crushing pain of being rejected just made me want to crawl in a hole and die!  I just knew all my friends would be whispering behind my back how he dumped me.  How would I know that 5 years later that THIS was nothing compared to the big scheme of life?  At 16, I thought I knew everything.  So, I understood her pain even knowing she would get through it.

The guy didn't have the guts to tell her to her face or even on the phone that he'd wanted to date someone else.  That's all it boiled down to.  Elizabeth couldn't date and he either met someone he liked who could date or he asked someone he'd kind of had his eye on who could date...and the rest is history.  I'm trying not to be too harsh on the guy because he's just a kid as well.  He didn't have the maturity to handle the situation properly.  Also, I think by Elizabeth's reaction, he knew it would be hard on her.  So he took the easy way out.  Her parents were right to take her phone away for a week to give her a cooling off period.  Her texting him trying to get him to tell her why he was kicking her to the curb was going nowhere.  It looked like she was texting him several times a day.  She wanted an answer even though none was going to come.

The preview showed her looking at his FB page, I think, and it showed him with another girl.  She lamented that it didn't take him long to get over her.  What that sweet girl doesn't know is that he was "over her" when he made up his mind to send her that shitty text.

Share Post