House Calls - The Cast in Other Roles

So, Anthony Edwards is playing the judge in the forthcoming Law & Order: True Crime - The Menendez Brothers.  I can't remember being in front of the camera for a long time, so good for him.

What's interesting is that Eric and Lyle's father, Jose, is being played by Carlos Gomez, who played Raul.

Share Post

I've been rewatching Party of Five on Netflix, and in one episode Charlie is sleeping with an older woman who he's doing renovation work for, and it's Laura Innes, aka Dr. Weaver. The opening shot of her character is when she's half naked in bed with him and it took me a minute to realize it was her. 

Share Post

8 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I used to watch Party of 5--don't remember that!

Very early in the series, episode 2. I didn't remember it either.

Share Post

She was also famously Angela's uncle's pot-smoking girlfriend on the infamous "Rayanne handcuffed to the bed" episode of My So-Called Life.

"Doobies!"

Share Post

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

As well as Lowell's ditzy, sex-fiend wife on the sitcom Wings.

Yes, Bunny was a hoot.

Share Post

It's funny, I posted about seeing Laura Innes on an old Party of Five, and then today I was watching it and Erik Palladino/Malucci showed up in a bit part as a rocker with long hair at a club. I'm going to keep track and see how many more ER people show up. I'm up to three, since Scott Grimes/Morris has a recurring role too. 

Share Post

I don't remember Malucci being on there either! Of course, I do remember Scott Grimes. To me Morris is always Bailey's best friend.

Share Post

9 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I don't remember Malucci being on there either! Of course, I do remember Scott Grimes. To me Morris is always Bailey's best friend.

It was a very brief role. They make Julia and the other waitresses at the club wear skimpy outfits and Malucci hits on her. It was funny to see him with long rocker hair. 

Share Post

12 minutes ago, desertflower said:

It was a very brief role. They make Julia and the other waitresses at the club wear skimpy outfits and Malucci hits on her. It was funny to see him with long rocker hair. 

seems like the perfect role for Malucci :)

Share Post

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, starri said:

So, Anthony Edwards is playing the judge in the forthcoming Law & Order: True Crime - The Menendez Brothers.  I can't remember being in front of the camera for a long time, so good for him.

What's interesting is that Eric and Lyle's father, Jose, is being played by Carlos Gomez, who played Raul.

I will admit I set my DVR to record this (not yet watched it) because I wanted to see Anthony Edwards again. I miss Dr. Greene. Not that he's playing that role but still

Share Post

I think I spotted both Dr. Cason and nurse Connie on This is Us tonight! I tried to check on IMDB but the credits weren't complete. Pretty sure it was them, though. They both played judges.

Share Post

We talked recently in the Episodes thread about how Paul McCrane branched out into directing on ER, and parlayed that into quite a respectable career directing episodes of numerous TV shows.  So did Laura Innes; shortly after her ER directorial debut, she was tapped to direct an episode of The West Wing, and she went on to direct half a dozen episodes for that show, a dozen for ER, and has directed episodes of shows like Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, and House.

McCrane also directed an episode of The West Wing, House, and Grey's Anatomy, along with episodes of shows such as Major Crimes, CSI, Glee, and Scandal.  (He directed nine episodes of ER.)

Share Post

Kathleen Wilhoite (Chloe) was on Kevin (Probably) Saves the World the other night.

Share Post

Maura Tierney looks...different...around the eyes to me. (I could be wrong, though.)

Share Post

Back in 2011, Eriq LaSalle and Noah Wyle did a guest stint on Angie Tribeca, that cop procedural spoof by Rashida Jones.  Of course it was based in a hospital, although Wyle was playing an administrator, not a doctor.  

Cute to see them on comedic roles, but it would have been nice for them to have a scene together.  Oh, well.

Share Post

I’m looking forward to seeing NW in this part.  It’s going to be tough to watch though.

Share Post

quoting from the filmschoolrejects article: "But, Swing Kids. If you want to talk about complex roles, check him out there. He plays a neo-Nazi, and, in a scene where he deliberately breaks the hand of his former best friend, he is terrifying. Wyle is no stranger to challenging roles."

He doesn't play a neo-Nazi in that movie.  Nothing Neo about it. He plays a Nazi. It's set in Germany 1930s/40s. My husband and I rented Swing Kids somewhere late during ERs run. We were both surprised to see Dr. Carter show up on screen as a zealous Hitler Youth member. Kind of took us out of the movie for a moment--not NW's fault but we were very "What!! Dr. Carter?!?"

Share Post

Yeah, I watched Swing Kids in school when we were learning about WWII.  I remember NW's character being quickly swept up by the Hitler Youth ideology because it looked so impressive and powerful.  In turn, he persuaded Christian Bale's character to join.  

Share Post

Caught the last 10 minutes of Law and Order SVU on USA during one of it's many marathons today and low and behold Dr. Elizabeth Courdey is also a lawyer lol.....

Share Post

18 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

Caught the last 10 minutes of Law and Order SVU on USA during one of it's many marathons today and low and behold Dr. Elizabeth Courdey is also a lawyer lol.....

Now if she had been the lawyer for Anthony Edward's son on SVU, that would have been really funny. ; )

Share Post

Parminder Nagra is the new guidance counselor in Netflix's 13 Reasons Why. Her first appearance is in the Season 2 finale.

Edited by ShortyMac. Reason: Typo

Share Post

Parminder Nagra was on Elementary last night as an (American) FBI agent. Looks like she'll be on again next week, too.

Share Post

Laura Innes has been playing the governor of Pennsylvania, who appears to be this season's Big Bad, on How to Get Away with Murder.

She is, unsurprisingly, awesome.

Share Post

I know its an older film but Noah Wyle was in Donnie Darko. Plus the actress that played Carter's mother on ER, Mary McDonnell played Donnie's mother although I don't think they had any scenes together.

The actor who played Lucien Dubenko (Leland Orser) was in The X Files episode 'Firewalker' from season 2, as a scientist with bipolar disorder. 

Share Post