Media for Barry

A little late, but Hader on the show and more from THR:

At the Television Critics Association's winter press tour on Thursday in Pasadena, the actor-comedian revealed that the dark comedy he created with Silicon Valley executive producer Alec Berg was inspired by his own time on the NBC mainstay. "It's the idea that this thing you’re really good at is actually kind of destroying you," Hader said onstage, flanked by his co-star Henry Winkler and Berg. "And I kind of related to that on SNL."

Share Post

Stephen Root and the guy who plays Noho Hank went on the Adam Carolla Show podcast, May 4th episode.

Root said it's the first TV show he signed on since Newsradio and he liked the writing a lot.

The host hasn't seen the show so it wasn't the best interview.

Share Post

17 hours ago, scrb said:

The host hasn't seen the show so it wasn't the best interview.

One thing I appreciate about the Build interviews (like the one above) is that the hosts/interviewers always watch the shows/plays beforehand so they are familiar with the stories and the characters. It really makes a difference in the discussions and the questions they ask.

Share Post

I am not sure exactly why, but seeing Bill Hader and Henry Winkler nominated for Emmys today warmed my cold, cold heart this morning.  I am so happy for them both.  I am glad to see this show get some recognition, it is highly deserved.  The acting (and the writing) were awesome. 

Edited by MarMar.

Share Post

Full list of Barry's Emmy nominations:

Comedy Series
Lead Actor in a Comedy Series - Bill Hader
Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Henry Winkler
Writing for a Comedy Series - Chapter One: Make Your Mark by Alec Berg and Bill HaderMedia for Barry
Writing for a Comedy Series - Chapter Seven: Loud, Fast and Keep Going by Liz Sarnoff
Directing for a Comedy Series - Chapter One: Make Your Mark by Bill Hader
Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program (Half-Hour Or Less) - Chapter Seven: Loud, Fast and Keep Going
Outstanding Casting For A Comedy Series
Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour) - Chapter Eight: Know Your Truth
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series - Chapter Seven: Loud, Fast and Keep Going
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series - Chapter Eight: Know Your Truth
Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation - Chapter Seven: Loud, Fast and Keep Going
Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation - Chapter Seven: Loud, Fast and Keep Going

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo.

Share Post