Jeopardy! Season 34 (2017-2018)

1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

I didn’t notice a lisp, but even if I had, I figure that’s maybe something that can’t be helped, like Tom Brokaw’s speech impediment.

Oh I noticed and wondered if it would be mentioned here. I figure it's fair game, the same as is someone's hairdo, face shape, position of eyeballs, clothing choice, bouncing rhythm, smugness (ha ha) and/or buzzer jerking.

40 minutes ago, HavartiHead42 said:

I would like new champ more if he didn't look so much like young Woody Allen. 

I would like the winner more if he DID look like a young Woody Allen.

2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I got holograph, bankers box, The Bells and T.S. Elliot. The last one was a preface to a chapter I read in a book today. It blew me away that it was an answer tonight.

Mindthinkr is Vulcan mind melding with the J! writers. Cool!

Share Post

16 minutes ago, teebax said:

I was going to respond but decided to let it be. Never mind.

I'm glad I got to read it before it was let be. Props, Teebax. You are cool with me.

Edited by saber5055.

Share Post

I can honestly say I had no idea "Bankers Box" was a brand name. 

I join the dizzy crowd in FJ being an instaget simply because I spent months in that therapy. 

Share Post

51 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Alex began the show by saying there were two Canadians on it today....No Alex. You are a Canadian and I can add. There were three Canadians on the show today. 

When Jordan was discussing his trip to Poland and talking about his ancestral home I thought it was smug of Alex to tell him “Yeah. I know” regarding the population or some fact. Really Alex? You are the only person who has been everywhere and done everything. A one upper for sure. 

I got holograph, bankers box, The Bells and T.S. Elliot. The last one was a preface to a chapter I read in a book today. It blew me away that it was an answer tonight. FJ was an instaget. Like Carpe “I love me some Hitchcock”. 

Alex had a couple moments tonight when he pointed out he knew something. He's such an ass. 

Bankers Boxes are traumatic for me. I was summarily fired from a job once and I found out when I came to work and all my stuff was in bankers boxes. That story still pisses me off, and the sight of those boxes brings all those bad feelings back. 

Share Post

5 minutes ago, teebax said:

Alex had a couple moments tonight when he pointed out he knew something. He's such an ass. 

Bankers Boxes are traumatic for me. I was summarily fired from a job once and I found out when I came to work and all my stuff was in bankers boxes. That story still pisses me off, and the sight of those boxes brings all those bad feelings back. 

One of my former coworkers has a personal rule. She never has more personal items in her office than what can fit in a shoe box, hence the Shoe Box Rule. She has no family pics or personal docs, no decorative items, just some travel size items like hand lotion, toothpaste and brush and Advil. She is ready to go! 

Share Post