S01.E05: Story Six 2017.08.23

Yes, and it kind of screwed up the narrative at the beginning, where the vending machine guys talk.

I enjoyed this episode. Maybe my expectations are getting lower, or it's getting better, but I LOL'd several times.

My annoyance was that they didn't even bring out the guest book. I mean, if it's the name of the freakin' show, it needs to make an appearance, right?

Share Post

A federal agent, Trina (Kimberly Hebert Gregory), books the mountain cabin in order to protect a valuable witness, Blake (Tommy Dewey), but Blake has his own ideas on how to escape the people who are after him.

Share Post

8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Yes, and it kind of screwed up the narrative at the beginning, where the vending machine guys talk.

Did it? I thought I watched closely to see if they mentioned anything I didn't know and nothing stood out.

I liked this episode, I love Kimberly from Vice Principals and recently watched some early episodes of The Mindy Project and Thomas Dewey was her boyfriend so it was nice to see him still working.

When the bartender picked up the book at the end of the episode I thought it was going to be the guest book.

Share Post

11 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

My annoyance was that they didn't even bring out the guest book. I mean, if it's the name of the freakin' show, it needs to make an appearance, right?

Trina wrote her poem in it.

Share Post

Just now, ZoqFotPik said:

Trina wrote her poem in it.

I totally missed that. Thank you!

Share Post

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Thomas Dewey was her boyfriend so it was nice to see him still working.

He has a series on Hulu called Casual. I haven't watched it, but I've seen ads.

I'm still on the fence. I liked that they connected over their love of poetry, so I was disappointed when he dumped her.

I've been meaning to comment on the opening credits reminding me of Community's opening credits.

Share Post

10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Did it? I thought I watched closely to see if they mentioned anything I didn't know and nothing stood out.

I saw the female cop's disappointment in the recaps when the doctor/neighbor showed her all the bouquets of flowers. That was new to me.

I am still giggling from parts of this episode. The stripper's amazement/lust that the gigolo "looked just like a weatherman or something!" And his complete honesty that his "powers' didn't work on a woman who was "more than a five."

Share Post

Just now, ChicagoCita said:

saw the female cop's disappointment in the recaps when the doctor/neighbor showed her all the bouquets of flowers. That was new to me.

Ah thanks, I knew she was disappointed because what she said in episode 4 so didn't think anything of it.

Share Post