S01.E08: Story Five 2017.09.14

Hopeful medical researcher Laurie visits the cabin with her Alzheimer's patient Edgar in an attempt to recreate his past life and help him recapture some of his memories.

Yes, they skipped this one earlier and apparently have now come back to it, throwing the title and episode numbering into disarray.  All we can do is go with it.

Share Post

this was so freakin' funny! jenna fischer was great as was orson bean. wonderful storyline! unfortunately, having been around very old people, it is also true to life in too many cases. this was my favorite episode. i give it 5 stars. loved it. this little show is very good. glad to hear it was renewed. 

Share Post

This made me laugh. It happened in reverse to my BFF's father. He was a stone asshole most of his life, got dementia, and totally forgot to be a jerk. His last years were the happiest their family had ever been.

I had no idea that was Orson Bean -- thanks for mentioning that.

I wonder if the renewal is for next summer? It's a fun summer show.

Share Post

I guess I understand why this show was postponed, but it really wasn't necessary.  This was funny!  The old guy was so vile...and the reactions were so on point.  I don't know why making fun of racism and misogyny needed to be postponed, just because of certain recent events.  We need to ridicule racism and misogyny all the time.

Share Post

8 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

I guess I understand why this show was postponed, but it really wasn't necessary.  This was funny!  The old guy was so vile...and the reactions were so on point.  I don't know why making fun of racism and misogyny needed to be postponed, just because of certain recent events.  We need to ridicule racism and misogyny all the time.

I am so dim witted I didn't even make that connection.

Share Post

The way they looked at each other, shut the door and let the exhaust do it's thing? Glad there was no dialogue because I was laughing too hard to hear it. 

Share Post

On 9/17/2017 at 7:36 PM, Red Bridey said:

I Agee that maybe it was not neccessary . But I feel like maybe the show felt that their viewers who are people of color did not need to hear more racist terms and see more racism in action that week. I know It was done to make fun  Of racists but I just think, if I were a POC, hearing someone using the term Jig@**** on TV might have been a bit painful.

Share Post